P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The new Pestilence...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: The new Pestilence... Reply with quote

Am I the only one around who enjoys this album? It's right on par with the new Sinister that came out last year. We'll wait and see what happens with the new Asphyx (didn't really care for that single - Drunen sounded a lot better on the Hail of Bullets debut), but it looks like the Dutch scene is alive and crushing again.

Now, let me see a hundred posts whining about how this doesn't sound anything like Consuming Impulse and is therefore inferior. Very Happy
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of liked the first song I heard, though it was very simplistic. Went and listen to others on the myspace page, and samples from all the songs on Amazon.com, and was unimpressed. Superficially it sounds like Pestilence (though with modern production, not that I care much). But it sounds very uninspired, to my ears. Lots of boring and repetitive choruses and signs that Mameli doesn't remember how to write like he used to.
horrificus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The new Pestilence... Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Am I the only one around who enjoys this album?

This sounds nothing like Consuming Impulse!!!!

Honestly though, this was a lousy effort, It just sounded like they were going through the motions, in fact half the riffs sounded like throw-away riffs that they kept in the song regardless.

I also dont see the point of bands rerecording their own tracks!! Lost Souls sounds awful compared to the original. It really just helps knock the bands status in the listeners mind, down a few pegs

Maybe they'll pull it off live but i'm doubting it
20 Buck Spin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lot heavier then I expected. I was expecting some jazzy shit. Anyway, the production is overly modern/mechanical sounding and the songs were average at best. If it were good I'd have no problem admitting it, but as it is; no love.
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the production. Personally, I think the rule of every death metal release coming out these days must have a dirty, raw, old-school feel is fucking retarded. It only fits when used in regard to the particular style, not the overall sound. If the audio recording equipment was up to the same standards it is today, none of old death metal classics from the early nineties would sound like they do. I would hate to think that if those albums were recorded with what they're using in the studios now that everyone would completely dismiss and disregard them due to the production.

Anything is possible with the way metalheads are nowadays, though. I hear a lot of shit that sounds like it was recorded in a tin can and people completely worship it. Then I'll put on something like this where I can distinguish all the instruments, can thoroughly enjoy the sound, and it gets bashed for it. Go figure...
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Anything is possible with the way metalheads are nowadays, though. I hear a lot of shit that sounds like it was recorded in a tin can and people completely worship it. Then I'll put on something like this where I can distinguish all the instruments, can thoroughly enjoy the sound, and it gets bashed for it. Go figure...

You sure seem to get worked up about people not liking the same stuff as you...
thrashbeast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that so much as the reasoning behind it.
thesoundofwater

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Ughhhhh. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album is out already?

haha, thought there was more mixing to be done.

Still, I'll pass on listening to it.
and that cover is just horrendous!
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
Sv.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just like it because it's Pestilence !

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
Incinerator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking terrible album
axegrinder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the album is better than expected...has a strong "testimony of the ancients" feeling, that i loved much when i came out. they will never reach an album like "consuming impulse" again which is one of the best dm album of all times, but as i said above: i expected nothing more like shit, especially because mameli always talked shit about death metal in interviews in the mid 90ies
SABBATICAL MANIAC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

listened to it a while back really nothing special... rather wait for the new Asphyx or Athiest
The_Elite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER -l- wrote:

and that cover is just horrendous!

This man speaks the truth!
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I heard of it was crap. It just sounded like riffs that didn't make it to Testimony, whatever happened to this promise of it being more brutal and technical? The demos had more complex structures than these songs! Vocals sounded tired, production was weak... fuck off!!!

As for saying Van Drunen sounded better on Hail of Bullets album than the last Asphyx, you're just obviously an idiot. HoB is the most over-rated, over produced crap around at the minute, Asphyx would slay it even if their new album was rubbish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: