P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

VERSUS #2: Possessed vs. Slayer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seraphackh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
These threads are lame ...

Not really lamer than discussing how stale or not stale black metal nowadays is for 5 pages in my opinion.

I prefer "Hell Awaits", I always found "The Eyes Of Horror" being a bit better than "Seven Churches".
avrlabel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would gave my fucking vote to Slayer in case that was Show no mercy but cause its not than Seven Churches of course.Hell awaits is weak in my opinion.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
I would gave my fucking vote to Slayer in case that was Show no mercy but cause its not than Seven Churches of course.Hell awaits is weak in my opinion.

Hell Awaits is barely weak. It is a very well written album with great riffs, well structured songs and one of the most evil intros ever created. It has relatively good production, some okay solos and is more brutal than Show No Mercy. Hell Awaits is definitely one hell of an album.

I would say that between Seven Churches and Hell Awaits, I'd probably pick Seven Churches by a very small margin as the songs are very good and the solos are fine, however Hell Awaits grows on me more day by day at the moment, so in a few weeks I'd probably say Hell Awaits for sure.
Sabbat666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheese pies by a mile

but seriously Ill have to say Seven Churches. I was never a big fan of Hell Awaits and got really bored with Slayer quickly.
But Hell Awaits has the better cover art.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemonart wrote:
HELLTHRASHER -l- wrote:
Without Slayer there would be no Possessed.

Words of wisdom...

And these threads are really annoying, maybe the next one should be named "My girlfriend VS my sister", accompanied with naked pics, now that would be far more entertaining...

And by the way "Hell awaits" is untouchable...

Agree with you both. Hell Awaits is still one of the most evil albums ever recorded.

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
BestialNecromancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.You are the exception
You started listening metal on late 80's
I am talking about 90s and 00s here

But anyway,still Possessed are weaker
Cause you already listen to Slayer influences on Seven Churches (these crazy high speed solos are Slayer's invention) but you hear no Possessed influences on Hell Awaits

To sum it up.Maybe i can compare the first 3 Slayer records only with the whole thrash/black/death metal discography without being sure what i will choose.

No other thrash/death/black band has been bootleged so many times.This is a fact showing the demand and fanatism for Slayer

And back in the 90s in metal hammer (since you are greek maybe you will remember this) there was a "fight" between Slayer VS Sepultura.Not between Slayer vs Possessed cause simply Possessed are a more death copy of Slayer without something unique to offer.On the contrary Sepultura are the the inventors of the so called southamerican thrash/death style(Morbid Visions is the holy bible for southamerican metal)

And something for last....

Morbid Angel are the fathers of death metal

Sadovahr wrote:
BestialNecromancer wrote:
Its a matter of age

If you are 20 and you ve discovered extreme sound in 00's via downloading Von and Goatvulva then you will vote for Possessed

If you ve discovered extreme sound in 90's via not buying cheese pie at school and saving money for cd's and records you should vote for Slayer

Now start the next thread REIGN IN BLOOD vs divus de mortuus to have a great laugh

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Sorry but that's total crap!! I'm 36, listening to metal since 23 years now and still voted for Possessed. It's a matter of taste not age, give me a brake here. Simple as that Wink

samuxul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with Slayer. Eventhough Possessed is fucking great Slayer has lot more great recordings and Hell Awaits is one of the mest Slayer albums.
R. Witchfucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah , who the hell is influenced by possessed? Sadistic Intent ? hahaha
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satan's cross points to hell the earth i must uncover, the passion grows to feast upon the frozen blood inside her, i feel the urge the growing need to fuck this sinful corpse, my tasks complete the bitches soul lies raped in demonic lust
Törrmentor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possessed. Never been a big fan of Slayer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: