P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Methods to clean vinyl?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astaroth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Threads like these makes it funny to remember there was a time when people would snort coke and roll joints off their records without a second thought.

I haven't cleaned my records in a while, but i used one of those patent formula bottles record stores sell. From a few different stores they told me the personally used the stuff to clean their records before selling them.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Threads like these makes it funny to remember there was a time when people would snort coke and roll joints off their records without a second thought.

No snorting for me, but I have definitely twisted up quite a few using LP covers... nice memory.

Razz
adrian5118

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gangraen wrote:
Nagaoka Roller CL 152 and a Carbon Brush

That roller is really interesting. Do you use your carbon brush first, or after?
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fornication wrote:
i just pour whisky all over mine and hope for satan to do his job
Idea Very Happy
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is their any way to straighten out warped vinyls? My copy of show no mercy is wobbly as fuck do I just have to live with it or is there some way to reapir it?
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:
Is their any way to straighten out warped vinyls? My copy of show no mercy is wobbly as fuck do I just have to live with it or is there some way to reapir it?

I have heard you can heat them very gently and straighten them out, but I have never had the balls to do this...

I once put a warped record between two big cutting boards and put a 45 lb weight on top of it, left it there for like 2 weeks and it did not help at all...
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Son of Satan wrote:

I have heard you can heat them very gently and straighten them out, but I have never had the balls to do this...

I once put a warped record between two big cutting boards and put a 45 lb weight on top of it, left it there for like 2 weeks and it did not help at all...

Yeah it was my dumb ass fault I had the vinyl laying on my desk and I just stuck my laptop on it. The heat from the vent of my computer totally warped it to hell. Now when I play it it sounds all crazy and distorted and 150% more evil Laughing.
Gangraen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
Gangraen wrote:
Nagaoka Roller CL 152 and a Carbon Brush

That roller is really interesting. Do you use your carbon brush first, or after?

I think there are many ways to use it.

My normal procedure:
Putting the LP on an old slipmat on the table and use the roller. Then the Carbon Brush. And instead removing the dust with the brush I use the roller again. I have to say: That roller was a pretty good investment. I use it now for around one and a half year and destroyed endless brushes in that time Laughing And the roller still works without problems. The only annoying thing is that you have to clean it every third or fourth LP because then there's too much dust on it.
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:

With slightly warped records, sticking it in the middle of your collection (which should, as we all know, be vertical [hermetically sealed room, vacuum bags, granite shelves, and never listening to the damn things are optional]) and waiting for a while might straighten it out a bit because of the weight on the records on each side of it. It worked on a copy of Voivod's Nothingface that I bought used and was warped enough to skip every once in a while. But if your record is warped because of heat applied directly to it, you might be shit out of luck.
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
Son of Satan wrote:

With slightly warped records, sticking it in the middle of your collection (which should, as we all know, be vertical [hermetically sealed room, vacuum bags, granite shelves, and never listening to the damn things are optional]) and waiting for a while might straighten it out a bit because of the weight on the records on each side of it. It worked on a copy of Voivod's Nothingface that I bought used and was warped enough to skip every once in a while. But if your record is warped because of heat applied directly to it, you might be shit out of luck.

Yeah I figured as much Sad

Its only a newer blood splattered reprint that I bought for 10 dollars anyway.
Skoll

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I draw over scratches with a glossy black crayon.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many vinyls to clean, I just thought to myself one day... fuck, these slabs ov record be alot like plates. So into the dishwaher a stack of them went and set to cold water, no soap and the records were awesome after that.
I painted the dishwasher black and put a 666 stamp on the door. Now it's all good.

I also satanically curse the hot water tank every weekend in a sinister ritual alot of you may not be advanced enough to understand yet.
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skoll wrote:
I draw over scratches with a glossy black crayon.

but what doing with splatter vinyl
i need to know
my pungent stench debut DIE HARF is worn
throwing crayon at the scratches perhaps?
Son of Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
With so many vinyls to clean, I just thought to myself one day... fuck, these slabs ov record be alot like plates. So into the dishwaher a stack of them went and set to cold water, no soap and the records were awesome after that.
I painted the dishwasher black and put a 666 stamp on the door. Now it's all good.

I also satanically curse the hot water tank every weekend in a sinister ritual alot of you may not be advanced enough to understand yet.

Real die hards stud their dish washer and paint a von pentagram on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: