P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

VERSUS #1: Mercyful Fate vs. Venom
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dread Records



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: VERSUS #1: Mercyful Fate vs. Venom Reply with quote

This will be the first of many discussions about two specific albums on why you think one is better than the other. No ties please, only one can rule supreme. Since this is the first versus discussion, I figured I'd choose two classic albums I grew up with.

Mercyful Fate "Melissa" vs. Venom "Black Metal"

I choose Mercyful Fate "Melissa" only because I think every song on it is a masterpiece and the flow of the album is amazing. From start to finish this album kicks ass. As for Venom "Black Metal" The only fault I think it has is Teacher's Pet. I'm not a big fan of that song, so for that reason to me, it doesn't match up.

Which will you choose?



www.dreadrecords.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
KRSTFR



Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 457

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa without doubt. Welcome to Hell is better than Black Metal anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dread Records



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 271
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but I have Welcome to hell in mind for a different Versus.

www.dreadrecords.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheUnborn



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2442
Location: Akershus, Norway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa, for sure!
The first era of Mercyful Fate has not competition.
_________________
http://www.UnbornProductions.com
"If you don't listen to Mercyful Fate, you should be stoned to death."
- Negative Plane


Last edited by TheUnborn on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dead gods



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 188

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestuus wrote:
Melissa without doubt. Welcome to Hell is better than Black Metal anyway.


Same here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sv.



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 3862
Location: bachn de k¨ppe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa
_________________
cultofvomit wrote:
well, an australian trying to teach us what football is... awesome.


Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2161
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.
_________________
Cat skin gloves can't be cheap and whose gonna pay if someone tells a man how to play and they have to go and deck all of their gear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samuxul



Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 461
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy. Melissa. There's no weak moments on that record and I've also listened more to Mercyful Fate than Venom.

And I also think that Welcome to Hell is better than Black Metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta go with melissa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T├Ârrmentor



Joined: 11 Sep 2008
Posts: 539
Location: Norway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.


Same here. I can hear it's really good, but still for some reason I can't like it as much as I want to. The two first King Diamond-albums on the other hand, are fucking masterpieces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T├Ârrmentor wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.


Same here. I can hear it's really good, but still for some reason I can't like it as much as I want to. The two first King Diamond-albums on the other hand, are fucking masterpieces.


everything sounds like shit when compared to abigail
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheUnborn



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2442
Location: Akershus, Norway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHJ wrote:
T├Ârrmentor wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.


Same here. I can hear it's really good, but still for some reason I can't like it as much as I want to. The two first King Diamond-albums on the other hand, are fucking masterpieces.


everything sounds like shit when compared to abigail


Heh, then don't compare.
_________________
http://www.UnbornProductions.com
"If you don't listen to Mercyful Fate, you should be stoned to death."
- Negative Plane
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2692
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend just named his new baby Abigail after the King Diamond record!

Any early Fate > Venom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HHJ



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
HHJ wrote:
T├Ârrmentor wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.


Same here. I can hear it's really good, but still for some reason I can't like it as much as I want to. The two first King Diamond-albums on the other hand, are fucking masterpieces.


everything sounds like shit when compared to abigail


Heh, then don't compare.


one has to occasionaly ask the question why dont other stuff sound like this? when the 2nd track begins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheUnborn



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2442
Location: Akershus, Norway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHJ wrote:
TheUnborn wrote:
HHJ wrote:
T├Ârrmentor wrote:
Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
Black Metal. I have a complicated relationship with Mercyful Fate.


Same here. I can hear it's really good, but still for some reason I can't like it as much as I want to. The two first King Diamond-albums on the other hand, are fucking masterpieces.


everything sounds like shit when compared to abigail


Heh, then don't compare.


one has to occasionaly ask the question why dont other stuff sound like this? when the 2nd track begins


I do see your point, classic album without a doubt.
_________________
http://www.UnbornProductions.com
"If you don't listen to Mercyful Fate, you should be stoned to death."
- Negative Plane
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group