P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Protecting your Mystifier boxes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best way to handle your LP's...

thrashbeast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
That's the truth and if you say this isn't why you're so worried about the condition your stuff is in you're a fucking liar.

You're an idiot.

Yeah, I expected I would get a few one-liners like this from people like you who store their records in cryogenic chambers. Vinyl and the sleeves they make for them these days are really resilient. Even if someone doesn't take care of their collection, chances are it will probably be around long after they're gone. Sorry, but the only thing that one can attribute this behavior to is the person being concerned about the value. There's a fine line between someone taking care of their stuff and the way people are on this forum. You're the idiot if you can't see the difference.
Wolfheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
That's the truth and if you say this isn't why you're so worried about the condition your stuff is in you're a fucking liar.

You're an idiot.

Yeah, I expected I would get a few one-liners like this from people like you who store their records in cryogenic chambers. Vinyl and the sleeves they make for them these days are really resilient. Even if someone doesn't take care of their collection, chances are it will probably be around long after they're gone. Sorry, but the only thing that one can attribute this behavior to is the person being concerned about the value. There's a fine line between someone taking care of their stuff and the way people are on this forum. You're the idiot if you can't see the difference.

It's true there is a fine line but what I think Dodens was getting at in a not-so-subtle way is that stating the *only* reason someone is that anal about their collection is because of the resale value later on, which simply isn't true. There are tons of people worried about resale value but there are many out there who are just as paranoid about keeping their collection absolutely perfect and they have no intention of selling it. There are simply people who are that way.

Myself, I am concerned about the condition of my collection as I like to keep things in mint condition, but I am not extremely anal about it, not worried about little things like dust. For me, "mint" condition does not mean keeping my records in a vaccuum chamber. Music is first and foremost but taking pride in your collection and keeping it in great condition isn't a bad thing. I have no intention of ever selling my collection but keeping everything in great condition is just natural for me due to the amount of money I have invested in my collection.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:

You're an idiot.

You don't even know who I am to be saying "people like you." I'm one of the people who take marginal care of their records. I don't care about them being in mint condition and having finger prints on them or corner dings, but you are still an idiot for suggesting that anyone who tries to prevent things that they paid cold hard cash for from being damaged is only doing so in order to resell it later. The idea that one should be careless with one's items simply to dodge "people like you" whining about others actually taking respectable care of their belongings is completely ridiculous. The fact of the matter is that it really doesn't matter how one takes care of their own records, since everybody holds different values toward their records. The other fact of the matter is, as I've already stated, that to correlate the desire to keep material possessions (because records ARE material possessions, they're not abstract ideas) in favorable condition with a devaluation for the art that is contained on the playing surface makes you an idiot. One would think that, say, cutting up drugs on a record sleeve is to disrespect the art moreso than to treat it like it's a newborn baby.

I'll be awaiting your next retarded argument explaining why generalizations don't make you look like a complete fucking tool.
Skoll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
What are you going to use to protect the sleeve that you put it in?

I actually found that funny.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:

You're an idiot.

Agree...
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people I knew this dude that had 20,000 metal lp's. He had them stored in a 30,000 dollar climate controlled dust free lab.
He was walking to pick up his parcel containing a #1 of 1 limited edition Blasphemy record. Reflexes were slow and he got torn in two by a hummer. His wife collects the records, sells' em on ebay and chops up some coke on the last record remaining to celebrate. Then she fucks her new boytoy who is head of the phish fan club.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simple thrashbeast if you do not need to do that "ritual" while your listen to your records, who cares? if you don't need it don't do it, I was just giving options to a person that is worried for keeping his records in good shape, if you do not need to do anything GREAT ! and just fuck off idiot ...
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take away all of the jackets and recycle them. Then I discard the sleeves, and stack the nekid vinyl on top o' each other.
Nekid vinyl and vaseline make for a good friday night............. Very Happy
only nekid vinyl is real.... jackets, sleeves, inserts, and poly bags are for 20 sided dice rollers
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
I take away all of the jackets and recycle them. Then I discard the sleeves, and stack the nekid vinyl on top o' each other.
only nekid vinyl is real.... jackets, sleeves, inserts, and poly bags are for 20 sided dice rollers

your an idiot
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:

your an idiot

agreed
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
What happened to the good ol' days when Metalheads would snort coke and roll joints on their LP covers?

That still happens Cool
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
Morbid69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst damage i've seen on an LP stored on a standard shelf for over 30 years is some creasing to the jacket. Scuffed corners maybe.

Worse damage is almost always caused by an element of chaos, like an unruly dog or ex-girlfriend.

Unless you live in a saw mill, I wouldn't worry about dust. If you can breathe in your room then your lps will be fine.
gotos-kalanda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Hey people I knew this dude that had 20,000 metal lp's. He had them stored in a 30,000 dollar climate controlled dust free lab.
He was walking to pick up his parcel containing a #1 of 1 limited edition Blasphemy record. Reflexes were slow and he got torn in two by a hummer. His wife collects the records, sells' em on ebay and chops up some coke on the last record remaining to celebrate. Then she fucks her new boytoy who is head of the phish fan club.

nice.
Chit019

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
Wasn't the box made to protect the records? Why do you need to protect the box? What are you going to use to protect the sleeve that you put it in? How many layers of protection do you need?

Seriously, if it gets dusty, just wipe the dust off. And in response to the previous post, no, it isn't cool if you're super anal and have OCD over this sort of thing. It's fucking gay. Metalheads don't bitch over sleeves, fingerprints, dust, smoke, small bent corners, and minimal scratches when it comes to vinyl, only collectors and people who are concerned about keeping their collection in mint condition so they can flog it on eBay one day.

That's the truth and if you say this isn't why you're so worried about the condition your stuff is in you're a fucking liar. Yeah, I take care of my music and a certain amount of concern about this sort of thing is understandable. People on this forum go way fucking overboard, though.

Kakarot SS5 wrote:
Itís a rule in my house:

If Im going to play my vinyl stuff:

1 Wash my hands
2 Do not touch play area, always in the edge
3 use a piece of towel to clean it before & after play
4 Make a tape transfer is the best option to keep safe and in good conditions the vinyl

For dust protection I keep them in plastic boxes with lid, so there they are very well protected Very Happy

Wow, if I had to go through a retarded ritual like this every time I put on a record, I probably would never listen to them. And why does everyone keep mentioning dust? It cleans off you know. It's not like it will eat a hole through your gatefold and into the record itself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: