P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Industrial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabalgabow wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
'The Nefilim- Zoon' is good hard-hitting industrial stuff.

This album is great, but it's also industrial metal...

I tend to prefer that kind of approach, but don't really listen to industrial in general. I'm no expert.
locustfurnace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: kill, kill, kill, for inner peace....spk, spk, spk..... Reply with quote

For me...

Industrial / Industrial Noise: Throbbing Gristle, (early) SPK, (early) Controlled Bleeding, Brighter Death Now, Grunt, Genocide Organ, Con-Dom, The Grey Wolves, Merzbow....

Industrial Metal: Godfleash, (early) Pitch Shifter, (early) Fear Factory, (later) Ministry, (mid) Nine Inch Nails, Optimum Wound Profile, Skin Chamber/Fat Hacker, Fetish 69...

Industrial EBM: Skinny Puppy, (early) Ministry, (later) SPK, Test Dept, Front 242, Meat Beat Manifesto....

But my first love will always be Power Electronics....Whitehouse, Slogun, Taint, Final Solution, Terre Blance, White Heterosexuals, Consumer Electronics, Ramleh, Brethern, Deathkey.....
gabalgabow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: kill, kill, kill, for inner peace....spk, spk, spk..... Reply with quote

locustfurnace wrote:

Industrial EBM: Skinny Puppy, (early) Ministry, (later) SPK, Test Dept, Front 242, Meat Beat Manifesto....

I hope you don't mean very early MINISTRY... The first album is quite "surprising"... Wink
dead gods

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross Liew wrote:
I just had a listen to Swans on their Myspace page..minimalist music not quite hard hitting as i expected but has some undertows of melody at times..good but not really what i would enjoy listening for longer periods of time.

Wrong period material most likely. Get "Cop" and "Filth"!

You'd probably dig DEAD WORLD too. Also maybe later-period POUPPEE FABRIKK which is a little like COMECON meets early ebm/D.A.F. (sounds much better than the description).
barryridesagain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throbbing Gristle is great. so is kraftwerk though not really industrial.

I'm more down with neo-folk. witch as a genre sometime tends to borderline on "industrial".

hey anyone remember in the mid-nineties when there was this big interest in industrial in pop music? all of a sudden big record labels were signing shitty "industrial/electronica" acts like stabbing westward, gravity kills, and prodigy. what a croc of shit that was.
gabalgabow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryridesagain wrote:

I'm more down with neo-folk. witch as a genre sometime tends to borderline on "industrial".

hey anyone remember in the mid-nineties when there was this big interest in industrial in pop music? all of a sudden big record labels were signing shitty "industrial/electronica" acts like stabbing westward, gravity kills, and prodigy. what a croc of shit that was.

Stabbing westward were more somekind of rock, with electro indus touches, weren't they?
barryridesagain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah pretty much. total garbage. Just thought it was funny that was what mainstream media labeled industrial.
dead gods

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, grim days. PITCHSHIFTER even had that unbearable single, "Genius".

As for good stuff, I forgot early SCORN, O.L.D., FALL OF BECAUSE, and SONIC VIOLENCE.
Mz412

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barryridesagain wrote:

that was this "crossover" session. Had nothing to do with industrial,
if i remember right, it was called "noise"
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Skin Chamber's music could probably be considered pure industrial as it really sounds like being in a factory or industrial area with all the machines and equipment working full time?

I am looking for a copy of Pitch Shifter's Submit on CD - anyone have one for sale?
Faust

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: kill, kill, kill, for inner peace....spk, spk, spk..... Reply with quote

locustfurnace wrote:
For me...

Industrial / Industrial Noise: Throbbing Gristle, (early) SPK, (early) Controlled Bleeding, Brighter Death Now, Grunt, Genocide Organ, Con-Dom, The Grey Wolves, Merzbow....

Industrial Metal: Godfleash, (early) Pitch Shifter, (early) Fear Factory, (later) Ministry, (mid) Nine Inch Nails, Optimum Wound Profile, Skin Chamber/Fat Hacker, Fetish 69...

But my first love will always be Power Electronics....Whitehouse, Slogun, Taint, Final Solution, Terre Blance, White Heterosexuals, Consumer Electronics, Ramleh, Brethern, Deathkey.....

For Industrial Noise/Power Electronics, I recommand The Vault, Âmes Sanglantes, The Violet Grind, Prurient, BDN & Rape-X.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody's mentioned puissance or death in june yet?

i quite like nazi ufo commander, although i really hope it's all a bit of a joke
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
gabalgabow wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I'm just saying that Godflesh and the like aren't pure Industrial. It's more listenable and composed than pure industrial stuff. People who know this genre well would laugh at this thread.

I personally don't like most of it.

In this case I agree, and it's clear...
Peoples should make a difference between industrial metal/ industrial rock, and early industrial that has more to do with experimental noise and improvised music, it's basically not rock at all...

You guys are right of course, but we're metal fans here, not industrial fans. Naturally most of us only know the more popular bands (and the ones that are closer to metal or rock in sound, for that matter).

Although of all of these that have been mentioned, I think Skinny Puppy is somewhat akin to the real thing - before their last couple of albums, their music was pretty noisy and difficult, and they almost never had conventional song structures (except when they worked with Al Jourgensen). There are beats and vocals - which is a kind of concession - but no catchy choruses.

Granted Skinny Puppy is much heavier/more abrasive than NIN or Ministry, they're much closer to electronic rock music than real industrial. The latter is some of the harshest, most extreme noise you will ever hear.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:
nobody's mentioned puissance or death in june yet?

i quite like nazi ufo commander, although i really hope it's all a bit of a joke

Puissance are more martial aren't they? I think DI6 are seen more as neo-folk... then again fans of those genres seem to cross over a bit.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably most of you neo-folk/martial industrial/dark ambient/noise fans order from Cold Spring or is there any other labels that are great in this genre as well?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: