P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Virus (Norway) split up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Woundfucker



Joined: 22 Oct 2014
Posts: 505
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

A message from Czral. Some of you knew this, a lot of you didn't. What can one say really? Thanks for all the fish!
- Einz
"Good evening yíall. Or good morning or afternoon, depending on where you are in the world which is made up of time-zones and landslides. We are now into our 18th year of existance, and as you all know, in 1918, in plymouth, Charlie Chaplin forgot his drivers-license at the chemist's while simultaneously thinking about tunafish and batteries. An odd moment, yes, but it has reminded us (in Virus) that itís time to throw in the towel.. Itís been 4 full-lengths, a demo and a mini-album and a few handfuls of gigs, plus the odd whale-shark encounter. Einz has become voivod of bulgaria (1155-1299), Plenum has become the prime minister of Equador while simultaneously working as a paediatrician in Ukraine. Czral has become a well known Elvis -and Bret Michaels-impersonator whilst working as a moped-vendor machine-operator in birmingham. So thatís why weíve decided to lay down our deplorable riffs and beats and bass-lines, rather than being ęon ice, donít know whatís happeningĽ -mode, for an unforeseeable future... You know, you canít devour an apple more than three times: the time you buy it, the time you put it on your kitchen-counter, and the time you decide to throw it away because itís gone bad. Only thrice. But I digress.. My point is: at some point, you realise that what you set out to do has now been done, now, so now.. Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus.. "


god dammit, i was hoping i'll catch them live someday somewhere...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garble Slew



Joined: 30 Oct 2016
Posts: 150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah shit. Was also really hoping to catch them live.

Iíve been listening to Virus on a weekly basis since Ď07/Ď08 and I donít see an end to that anytime soon. RIP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PanzerGeneral



Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 2511

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

Woundfucker wrote:
Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus..

...
Yes you were! And a fine job you did! Thank you for the weird!
_________________
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS Ė EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
....And the Swastikalotus....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 663

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this shit. So many worthless bands releasing kilos of smelly horseshit for decades and theseguys split up after releasing nothing but top quality stuff.
_________________
Deveneror - black metal https://deveneror.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 7094
Location: nestless & wild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they made 4 whole full lengths and 2 EPs. That's a good amount of music to last a long time. I'm sure CME will get up to somethin' else crazy outside of Aura Noir, and I'll look forward to hearing about it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frostjunkie



Joined: 10 Jun 2009
Posts: 2938
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst news this year, but they are leaving behind a flawless discography.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 7094
Location: nestless & wild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1981



Joined: 09 Aug 2016
Posts: 1718

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

Woundfucker wrote:
A message from Czral. Some of you knew this, a lot of you didn't. What can one say really? Thanks for all the fish!
- Einz
"Good evening yíall. Or good morning or afternoon, depending on where you are in the world which is made up of time-zones and landslides. We are now into our 18th year of existance, and as you all know, in 1918, in plymouth, Charlie Chaplin forgot his drivers-license at the chemist's while simultaneously thinking about tunafish and batteries. An odd moment, yes, but it has reminded us (in Virus) that itís time to throw in the towel.. Itís been 4 full-lengths, a demo and a mini-album and a few handfuls of gigs, plus the odd whale-shark encounter. Einz has become voivod of bulgaria (1155-1299), Plenum has become the prime minister of Equador while simultaneously working as a paediatrician in Ukraine. Czral has become a well known Elvis -and Bret Michaels-impersonator whilst working as a moped-vendor machine-operator in birmingham. So thatís why weíve decided to lay down our deplorable riffs and beats and bass-lines, rather than being ęon ice, donít know whatís happeningĽ -mode, for an unforeseeable future... You know, you canít devour an apple more than three times: the time you buy it, the time you put it on your kitchen-counter, and the time you decide to throw it away because itís gone bad. Only thrice. But I digress.. My point is: at some point, you realise that what you set out to do has now been done, now, so now.. Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus.. "


Of course it is sad that they ended, but this text has to be the best thing that I have read in months, they sure know how to say goodbye.
_________________
Aeonblade wrote:
the band leader contracted autism from a vaccine and it's been downhill ever since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gia Thanatos



Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Posts: 1161

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news, absolutely flawless band, just as Ved Buens Ende was.
_________________
http://giathanatos.weebly.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deveneror



Joined: 11 Jul 2018
Posts: 663

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).


Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.
_________________
Deveneror - black metal https://deveneror.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 7094
Location: nestless & wild

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:
PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).


Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.


Well, I disagree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gia Thanatos



Joined: 03 Aug 2014
Posts: 1161

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:
PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).


Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.


Well, I disagree.


Their first record was quite influenced by Ved Buens Ende. But I don't see the Virus similarity either.
_________________
http://giathanatos.weebly.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dismal



Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 1893

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, that sucks! Really shit..but at the same time, at least they left behind a high quality discography! Can't really think of another current band like them.
What is the most shit for me is that I never got to see them live. Damn.


deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:
PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).


Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.


Got to agree with Deveneror here, much as I do enjoy Code, including MUT. I don't hear much Virus. As noted noveau gloaming had a much more noticeable VBE vibe ( rather than virus)

Anyway, hope Mr CME does something else, aside from Aura Noir.
_________________
http://portentuk.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
plague



Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredible band. way to end on top. seeing them play tracks from black flux was probably one of my top live experiences of all time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2852
Location: New Albionoria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
...check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE...


ooof that was horrible.
_________________
Myths (Vinyl) - click me
Cassette tapes = using nostalgia to polish turds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group