P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Virus (Norway) split up
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woundfucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

A message from Czral. Some of you knew this, a lot of you didn't. What can one say really? Thanks for all the fish!
- Einz
"Good evening yíall. Or good morning or afternoon, depending on where you are in the world which is made up of time-zones and landslides. We are now into our 18th year of existance, and as you all know, in 1918, in plymouth, Charlie Chaplin forgot his drivers-license at the chemist's while simultaneously thinking about tunafish and batteries. An odd moment, yes, but it has reminded us (in Virus) that itís time to throw in the towel.. Itís been 4 full-lengths, a demo and a mini-album and a few handfuls of gigs, plus the odd whale-shark encounter. Einz has become voivod of bulgaria (1155-1299), Plenum has become the prime minister of Equador while simultaneously working as a paediatrician in Ukraine. Czral has become a well known Elvis -and Bret Michaels-impersonator whilst working as a moped-vendor machine-operator in birmingham. So thatís why weíve decided to lay down our deplorable riffs and beats and bass-lines, rather than being ęon ice, donít know whatís happeningĽ -mode, for an unforeseeable future... You know, you canít devour an apple more than three times: the time you buy it, the time you put it on your kitchen-counter, and the time you decide to throw it away because itís gone bad. Only thrice. But I digress.. My point is: at some point, you realise that what you set out to do has now been done, now, so now.. Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus.. "

god dammit, i was hoping i'll catch them live someday somewhere...
Garble Slew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah shit. Was also really hoping to catch them live.

Iíve been listening to Virus on a weekly basis since Ď07/Ď08 and I donít see an end to that anytime soon. RIP.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

Woundfucker wrote:
Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus..

Yes you were! And a fine job you did! Thank you for the weird!
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this shit. So many worthless bands releasing kilos of smelly horseshit for decades and theseguys split up after releasing nothing but top quality stuff.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they made 4 whole full lengths and 2 EPs. That's a good amount of music to last a long time. I'm sure CME will get up to somethin' else crazy outside of Aura Noir, and I'll look forward to hearing about it...
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst news this year, but they are leaving behind a flawless discography.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Virus (Norway) split up Reply with quote

Woundfucker wrote:
A message from Czral. Some of you knew this, a lot of you didn't. What can one say really? Thanks for all the fish!
- Einz
"Good evening yíall. Or good morning or afternoon, depending on where you are in the world which is made up of time-zones and landslides. We are now into our 18th year of existance, and as you all know, in 1918, in plymouth, Charlie Chaplin forgot his drivers-license at the chemist's while simultaneously thinking about tunafish and batteries. An odd moment, yes, but it has reminded us (in Virus) that itís time to throw in the towel.. Itís been 4 full-lengths, a demo and a mini-album and a few handfuls of gigs, plus the odd whale-shark encounter. Einz has become voivod of bulgaria (1155-1299), Plenum has become the prime minister of Equador while simultaneously working as a paediatrician in Ukraine. Czral has become a well known Elvis -and Bret Michaels-impersonator whilst working as a moped-vendor machine-operator in birmingham. So thatís why weíve decided to lay down our deplorable riffs and beats and bass-lines, rather than being ęon ice, donít know whatís happeningĽ -mode, for an unforeseeable future... You know, you canít devour an apple more than three times: the time you buy it, the time you put it on your kitchen-counter, and the time you decide to throw it away because itís gone bad. Only thrice. But I digress.. My point is: at some point, you realise that what you set out to do has now been done, now, so now.. Thank you, bye bye, we were Virus.. "

Of course it is sad that they ended, but this text has to be the best thing that I have read in months, they sure know how to say goodbye.
Gia Thanatos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news, absolutely flawless band, just as Ved Buens Ende was.
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
PS If anyone is in need of more abstract, avant-garde type rock/metal that is maybe similar to Virus, check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE. Mut LP and Lost Signal EP are bizarrely awesome. They're sort of connected in that Yusaf from VBE, Dodheimsgard etc used to play with them, but ironically before they got even more like Virus (i.e. post Resplendent Grotesque, which is an awesome record in its own right).

Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:

Not the same thing or even similar at all. It had some elements when Vikotnik and Kvohst were in the band, but not anymore.

Well, I disagree.
Gia Thanatos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:

Well, I disagree.

Their first record was quite influenced by Ved Buens Ende. But I don't see the Virus similarity either.
Dismal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, that sucks! Really shit..but at the same time, at least they left behind a high quality discography! Can't really think of another current band like them.
What is the most shit for me is that I never got to see them live. Damn.

deveneror wrote:
Ough wrote:

Got to agree with Deveneror here, much as I do enjoy Code, including MUT. I don't hear much Virus. As noted noveau gloaming had a much more noticeable VBE vibe ( rather than virus)

Anyway, hope Mr CME does something else, aside from Aura Noir.
plague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredible band. way to end on top. seeing them play tracks from black flux was probably one of my top live experiences of all time.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
...check out the last couple EPs and full-length from band CODE...

ooof that was horrible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: