P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Colombian black metal trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezcat wrote:
Only three gigs took place in the backyard, because It seems that sometime during the third gig somebody had accidentaly killed a hen. Lucho's mom went angry and kicked everybody out of the house.
Laughing

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezcat wrote:
• On March 23rd, 1985, Parabellum, Mierda and other bands were booked to play at the Macarena Bullring in what has been known as "The Battle of the Bands". While half the bands played ska, hard rock and/or reggae (one of them was the now legendary Kraken, a local heavy metal group), the other four bands were part of what was already known as "Ultra Metal": Danger, Glöster Gladiattor, Mierda and Parabellum.

• The first band, Spol, only played one song. The frontman had a hard time on stage because people started throwing rocks at them.

• Glôstter Gladiattor was the second band, and then Danger folowed. Everything was fine until...

• Mierda went on stage. Oswaldo, their guitar and lead vocals, did the unfamous "blood bucket challenge" bathing himself on stage with a bucket full of cow blood he had previously colelcted at the slaughterhouse near his home. Screaming and yelling on the mic "Crucify me!" and "Satan is among us today!" made the crowd go nuts.

• The next one was Excalibur, a hard rock band that also received a rain of rocks coming from the crowd. Too bad for them. Next was Parabellum.

• Parabellum was next. and there is a video clip. Mind you, this is 1985. It is a miracle that this piece of video actually exists! (action starts after 0:2Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRBuQ9ygWGc

Somebody must have the whole show on tape but this must be even more difficult to find than the Mayhem show at Jessheim.

• The next band, Lasser, was literally fighting for their lives... and so was the crowd. Not only there were rocks flying all over the place but the whole bullring turned into a battlefield. The concert came to an end, Kraken did not play that day and the whole city knew about the existence of Parabellum.

In case you are interested to read more about it, there is a local chronicle here: I'd translate it but it is quite long so please, Google translator may be useful

https://www.universocentro.com/NUMERO83/Labatalladelasbandas.aspx

So, that was it, the "official birth" of Ultra Metal Smile

That article looks really interesting. I'll try Google translate or have Tomas Morbosidad translate it for me.

Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down There.... wrote:
The Pirokinesis stuff is some of the best BM to.come out of SA. someone needs to reissue that.

Speaking of Nebiros l.p.... the original seems impossible to track down for a fair price so how is the reissue? Anyone own it?

Nebiros reissue on Black Vomit is a piece of shit.

CR99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Humus wrote:
I used to have a single from a band called Gloster Gladiattor. How do they fit in with all the other Columbian bands?

Great 7". You should've kept it!

Agree. I'm still looking for a copy!

This has been a great thread so far.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down There.... wrote:
Took a few photos of some of the records talked about in the thread. Will post some others I have after work. There is still much to find, but also much that is impossible to track down in "original" form, like old rehersals and demos.

The Sacrilegio mlp is the second version, first version had band photos on the back. The Blasfemia was the most difficult to track down. Took many years. Also the inserts for both Parabellum lps are probably not originals, the other two inserts though, are. Surprisingly good condition on all these records. Usually these are fucked up beyond all belief Smile

Typical SA 80s floppy records.

The pristine condition of these fuckers is unreal. I own all of those but my copies don't look nearly as good!
Astaroth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezcat wrote:

Astaroth wrote:
That Nebiros LP rules so much. From memory the member that turned Christian threw the copies he had off a bridge.

Interesting! Where did you see / hear that? I will ask a couple of friends though but the general consensus among the surviving members of the Goat Gang is that the copies were burned.

When I got a bunch of these LP's [Nebiros included] I got them from a contact based in the US that was originally from Colombia. He told me about the Nebiros LP and what happened with the band/members. I remember that detail as it was hilarious.
Tollwut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad that Parabellum LP seems to be impossible to get nowadays.
Is there any re-release planned in case the original master tapes still exist?

Same for Blasfemia, but I'm wondering if anybody could give some feedback on the "Guerra Total" LP on F.O.A.D. Records and the CD version on
Metal Hecho En Medellin?

I'm also curious if this is an official pro-pressed CD? Any info on the label and the availability of this release? Discogs price is absurd.
https://www.discogs.com/Astaroth-Guerra-De-Metal/release/8471160
Down There....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:

The pristine condition of these fuckers is unreal. I own all of those but my copies don't look nearly as good!

Thanks! 😊 it took a long time anf i passed up several copies of both parabellum lps to hold out for decent copies. The blasfemia took YEARS to track down for me. When I got this the guy sent a Blasfemia Guerra Total shirt too Which is too small to.wear but still cool
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollwut wrote:
too bad that Parabellum LP seems to be impossible to get nowadays.
Is there any re-release planned in case the original master tapes still exist?

Same for Blasfemia, but I'm wondering if anybody could give some feedback on the "Guerra Total" LP on F.O.A.D. Records and the CD version on
Metal Hecho En Medellin?

I'm also curious if this is an official pro-pressed CD? Any info on the label and the availability of this release? Discogs price is absurd.

Blasfemia LP on FOAD looks bad but sounds good.

Astaroth 7" reissue on Epidemia is well done.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN is working on a Nemesis demo + 7" DLP. I could use someone help with high res scan of the 7". I have one but it would take a long time to locate it since none of my stuff is alphabetized.

alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezcat wrote:

Hey! Same thing happened here! You see, people here in Colombia --especially younger generations of metalheads during the mid/late 90s-- did not care much about these bands either because those who came into the local scene from 1995-2000 did not care about it either; they thought it was "too noisy", "outdated" or "badly recorded / produced" or "not polished". You could walk into the usual metal record stores in Medellin and buy "Sacrilegio" or Blasfemia's "Guerra Total" for US$ 2. And I am not joking. And since by the turn of the century none of these bands were still active and their former members were more into hardcore or grindcore, many of these recording were gathering dust in shelves and wooden boxes..

I am not sure if it's entirely true. I have seen vinyl traders in 90s being willing to pay VERY good money for Reencarnation and Parabellum stuff.
Tezcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
NWN is working on a Nemesis demo + 7" DLP. I could use someone help with high res scan of the 7". I have one but it would take a long time to locate it since none of my stuff is alphabetized.

Here, dear sir. Let me help you by scanning the stuff you need. How high you want the resolution to be?
Underground Metal Webzine
Interviews, Reviews, Articles and Chronicles
Tezcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_korrozia1 wrote:
Tezcat wrote:

Hey! Same thing happened here! You see, people here in Colombia --especially younger generations of metalheads during the mid/late 90s-- did not care much about these bands either because those who came into the local scene from 1995-2000 did not care about it either; they thought it was "too noisy", "outdated" or "badly recorded / produced" or "not polished". You could walk into the usual metal record stores in Medellin and buy "Sacrilegio" or Blasfemia's "Guerra Total" for US$ 2. And I am not joking. And since by the turn of the century none of these bands were still active and their former members were more into hardcore or grindcore, many of these recording were gathering dust in shelves and wooden boxes..

I am not sure if it's entirely true. I have seen vinyl traders in 90s being willing to pay VERY good money for Reencarnation and Parabellum stuff.

Perhaps. But HERE in Colombia people did not care that much about those.
Tezcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollwut wrote:

Yes, indeed, This is an official, pro-pressed CD.
The label, hell'zine productions, is owned by the guy behind Hell'zine, a local printed magazine. The CD is an official release done with express authorization of one of two surviving Asaroth's former members.

I'll ask if it is still available and then will send a PM Smile
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezcat wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Here, dear sir. Let me help you by scanning the stuff you need. How high you want the resolution to be?

666 DPI saved as Tifs with nothing cropped. Just leave about 2 cm white border around whatever you scan. Please email me at nwnprod@gmail.com

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: