P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Vinyl listening habits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When come vinyl?
Daily
22%
 22%  [ 30 ]
Often, several times a week
38%
 38%  [ 51 ]
Once or so a week
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
On occasion, a few times a month
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Very rarely, couple times a year
7%
 7%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 133

mithrandir

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
haven't in years, don't have a record player atm, still buy vinyl but just DL the album to listen to it,

Sorry for the dumb question, but why you don't buy CD's if you don't have a record player? Or why you don't buy a record player if you like vinyl?

LPs? you mean? cuz they rule! I've always bought vinyl, record player or not, why stop now? ofc like most of us here I have a music buying addiction, so I like to actually own the albums i listen to... and like I said, just for easier access I DL or rip everything to a Harddrive and just listen to them mostly through an ipod and portable speaker Wink
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
haven't in years, don't have a record player atm, still buy vinyl but just DL the album to listen to it,

Sorry for the dumb question, but why you don't buy CD's if you don't have a record player? Or why you don't buy a record player if you like vinyl?

LPs? you mean? cuz they rule! I've always bought vinyl, record player or not, why stop now?

Because I don't understand the meaning of buying a format you can't (or don't want to) play Smile
MorbidAsshole

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some dads here can relate, but since having kids, CDs are my preferred format at home. The kids love when I have music on, regardless of format, obviously, but their jumping/dancing/being a toddler always results in records skipping. This doesn't happen with my CD player or cassette deck.

Most of my listening is done via iPod and speakers in my office at work - 8 hours a day when I can.

Looking for Maiden single compilation "First Ten Years" CDs
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
Maybe some dads here can relate, but since having kids, CDs are my preferred format at home. The kids love when I have music on, regardless of format, obviously, but their jumping/dancing/being a toddler always results in records skipping. This doesn't happen with my CD player or cassette deck.

Most of my listening is done via iPod and speakers in my office at work - 8 hours a day when I can.

My kids are older than toddlers, so definitely a difference. But my kids know not to go near my corner of the living room with all my music in it. My cat on the other hand doesn't give a fuck about the rules.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidAsshole wrote:
Maybe some dads here can relate, but since having kids, CDs are my preferred format at home.

For sure, patriarchal duties > record listening. I certainly miss the freedom to play records any time I wanted. Went from nightly listening to nothing hahah. Hard to listen to a Hammerbund bootleg or Ved Buens End reissue when I’m being serenaded by screaming heathens that turn White Medal tapes into projectile weapons. Laughing

Hence my recent record purge, I cant enjoy it so here’s to the community!
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys make me want to have a vasectomy.
Hidden38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
You guys make me want to have a vasectomy.

Just pull out and your good. No need to go off the deep end my friend.
LazerBeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With it being winter and not spending as much time outside in my free time I listen a record or two daily at this point.
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinyl most of the time. Cds when I'm working on the computer. Mp3s when I'm driving to work.
al_infierno

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the vast majority of my recent music listening has been MP3s while I commute Sad

Bostitch wrote:

I quit before starting such a Bullshit, i get an Orgasm otherwise or buy some other Tapes from other Labels.
Backwards

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually listen to at least one record a day. I recently was a given a 5 disc changer CD player so lately I've just been loading it up with CD's letting them play through. Sometimes it's nice to not have to do anything and just listen to music for hours uninterrupted.
chambord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I'll go a month+ without listening to a record, other times I'll go through 5-10 in a day. I feel like I collect vinyl more than I actually listen to it, I just like having it around for when the mood strikes. Looking at my shelves I can see about 50% of my collection is still sealed, so it's nice to spend a lazy Sunday getting stoned and pulling new records out to open up and listen to.
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chambord wrote:
Sometimes I'll go a month+ without listening to a record, other times I'll go through 5-10 in a day. I feel like I collect vinyl more than I actually listen to it, I just like having it around for when the mood strikes. Looking at my shelves I can see about 50% of my collection is still sealed, so it's nice to spend a lazy Sunday getting stoned and pulling new records out to open up and listen to.

👍

For Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1418092#1418092
Crasse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chambord wrote:

Sealed records are not my case but i agree on the rest. I'm also on the side of people who also buy the music to support the artist (not digitally though, if i spend money i like to have something physical), so i have no problem with having records 'collecting dust' there and, from time to time, listen to them.

Plus I spend a lot of time working or procrastinsting on the computer so it is way easier to play an mp3 directly on the computer with two clicks than anything else.
Fermentor240L

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to vinyl and tapes on the weekends. Luckily, I get to listen to music at work almost continuously, so that's when I wear out my CDs that I've ripped to my phone. I listen to music at least 8 hours a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: