P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Majestic and triumphant non-metal music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
moorgrave



Joined: 05 Dec 2018
Posts: 258

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where to entry with PUISSANCE please?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kktz



Joined: 15 Oct 2014
Posts: 1379
Location: Slavonia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosa Crux - In Tenebris

Heavy and triumphant French medeival gothic / darkwave masterpiece.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 2780
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You made a good point citing ROSA CRUX. Be prepared to shell big $$ for their CDs, though, even for the band's own rereleases.

http://www.rosacrux.org/news/
_________________
Psalmanazar wrote:
I thought it was Dissection who reinvented black metal by adding back in the power ballads for everyone who wanted to show Steve Perry their lighter.


under a funeral shroom wrote:
Black Records Matter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PanzerGeneral



Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 2514

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
LordIxion wrote:
Also the opening theme of Wagner's "Thus spoke Zarathustra"


Strauss, not Wagner.

LordIxion wrote:
or The Ride of the Valkyries.


Actually, why limit yourself to that? Frozen, just delve deep into the Ring Des Nibelungen opera cycle in its entirety! It's four operas, all of them brilliant, following an epic story of Nordic gods, enchanted treasures, (arguably Semitic) evil little dwarfs, incest, giants, dragons, more incest, and finally - incest. It fucking rocks.

ETA: Would recommend the Solti box set for starters.
I remember being 14-15 and sitting through the whole thing. It was shown on national TV over two days. It was great - but I doubt I could do it today.
_________________
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
....And the Swastikalotus....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MorbidMessiah



Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 351
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popol Vuh in the early 70s, especially the song "Vuh". Believe it or not but some of this will remind you of Mortiis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE&t=18m14s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PanzerGeneral



Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 2514

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidMessiah wrote:
Popol Vuh in the early 70s, especially the song "Vuh". Believe it or not but some of this will remind you of Mortiis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE&t=18m14s
Mortiis is the last thing that comes to mind when hearing words like - majestic and triumphant… What is it with this forum and Mortiis anyway!? Seems so out of place to me.
_________________
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
....And the Swastikalotus....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MorbidMessiah



Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 351
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
MorbidMessiah wrote:
Popol Vuh in the early 70s, especially the song "Vuh". Believe it or not but some of this will remind you of Mortiis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE&t=18m14s
Mortiis is the last thing that comes to mind when hearing words like - majestic and triumphant… What is it with this forum and Mortiis anyway!? Seems so out of place to me.


That's because early Mortiis is great. And because there's a few people here who listen to more than (black) metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gehinnom



Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moorgrave wrote:
where to entry with PUISSANCE please?


Grace of God is probably their best, followed by Total Cleansing. Hit and miss project but those are decent releases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PanzerGeneral



Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 2514

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MorbidMessiah wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
MorbidMessiah wrote:
Popol Vuh in the early 70s, especially the song "Vuh". Believe it or not but some of this will remind you of Mortiis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE&t=18m14s
Mortiis is the last thing that comes to mind when hearing words like - majestic and triumphant… What is it with this forum and Mortiis anyway!? Seems so out of place to me.


That's because early Mortiis is great. And because there's a few people here who listen to more than (black) metal.
You really think people posting in the "Majestic and triumphant non-metal music" listen to more than (black) metal!? Could be...
Old Mortiis is tree notes that he tries to arrange so it sounds majestic but is it not - more embarrassing. I still find it weird that Mortiis is so beloved on a bestial war metal board of death. I have to say that we are diverse as fuck on this forum - from Wagner to Mortiis hahaha
_________________
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS – EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
....And the Swastikalotus....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group