P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Les Légions Noires - The official '90s releases
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

To the Dark War, endlessly!
Mütiilation - Hail Satanas We Are the Black Legions
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Vlad Tepes - War Funeral March
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
37%
 37%  [ 31 ]
Vlad Tepes / Belkčtre - March to the Black Holocaust
46%
 46%  [ 39 ]
Vlad Tepes / Torgeist - Black Legions Metal
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Mütiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 83

Author Message
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject: Les Légions Noires - The official '90s releases Reply with quote

For the longest time, these were the releases synonymous with The Black Legions, outside of a small circle of people, and they are still the ones that mean the most to me. I am still contemplating which one to go with, as they all possess different qualities, but for me, it is either Vampires of Black Imperial Blood or March to the Black Holocaust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SlevinKelevra



Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1418

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

time of Sabbath
_________________
Trade/Sale List (new Dark Adversary, Goatowa Vinyls, ..)

---
references: heretic death call, jerry666, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx , and more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Widdershins



Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Posts: 1691
Location: Out of the Dungeon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very easy poll to predict, everyone is going to go with Vlad Tepes/Belketre- March to the Black Holocaust.

For me it's easily Vampires of Black Imperial Blood. Almost tied with War Funeral March though as that was my first LLN release I ever heard. Getting that tape as a teenager was extremely influential on me.
_________________
Rabidly looking for:

DEAD REPTILE SHRINE- The Gates Into the Underworld tape or just the full Jewel Throne Set

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWO



Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 1880
Location: CANADA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampires.... is the superior album, but as a band overall I prefer Vlad Tepes.
_________________
Akhael wrote:

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently listening to Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul, and it made me even more confused as to which option to go with. What a haunting album!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Widdershins



Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Posts: 1691
Location: Out of the Dungeon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I am currently listening to Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul, and it made me even more confused as to which option to go with. What a haunting album!


Agreed, few records in the history of black metal have come close to how putrid, rotten, diseased and insane Remains sounds. Hard to describe but old Mutiilation sounds genuinely very, very old and decrepit
_________________
Rabidly looking for:

DEAD REPTILE SHRINE- The Gates Into the Underworld tape or just the full Jewel Throne Set

Chaos Cascade / Putrescent Fog: Nuclear Cremation / Post-Mortal Desecrator tape
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amon-goethe



Joined: 04 Feb 2012
Posts: 2337

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing tops March to the Black Holocaust. No matter how grim the same drum machine of mutiilation was, no comparison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ragingwinter



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Posts: 1697
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remains for me. What a filthy and rotten sounding black metal album.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnMatrix



Joined: 26 Oct 2017
Posts: 110
Location: NY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There aren't many black metal recordings I like as much as March to the Black Holocaust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWO



Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 1880
Location: CANADA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
Frozen wrote:
I am currently listening to Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul, and it made me even more confused as to which option to go with. What a haunting album!


Agreed, few records in the history of black metal have come close to how putrid, rotten, diseased and insane Remains sounds. Hard to describe but old Mutiilation sounds genuinely very, very old and decrepit



Suffer the Gestalt is genuinely disturbing.


Anyone know the source of the cover art? I assume some WW2 photograph.
_________________
Akhael wrote:

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Frozen



Joined: 27 Oct 2012
Posts: 3421

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWO wrote:
Widdershins wrote:
Frozen wrote:
I am currently listening to Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul, and it made me even more confused as to which option to go with. What a haunting album!


Agreed, few records in the history of black metal have come close to how putrid, rotten, diseased and insane Remains sounds. Hard to describe but old Mutiilation sounds genuinely very, very old and decrepit



Suffer the Gestalt is genuinely disturbing.


Anyone know the source of the cover art? I assume some WW2 photograph.


I am pretty sure it is a montage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baron Death



Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Les Légions Noires - The official '90s releases Reply with quote

Holocaust all the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 11093

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampires is an easy pick for me. Hail Sathanas & Remains + VT/Belketre split are very close choices though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S



Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 222
Location: Belgium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad Tepes / Torgeist - Black Legions Metal !!

why isn't there a repress of this cd ?! I know that both VT and T parts of the split are available on other releases but the '96 split was perfect (artwork, etc.) and definitely needs a repress !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarkestSun



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 389

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

March to the Black Holocaust, I NEED to play it from time to time
_________________
https://cultofparthenon.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group