P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INCANTATION "Upon The Throne of the..." Reissue!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: INCANTATION "Upon The Throne of the..." Reissue! Reply with quote

Had no idea this was even in the works!
I do have my original cd since it dropped, but I picked up the lp/tshirt combo.

http://relapse.com/incantation-upon-the-throne-of-apocalypse/
eldera777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!! F I N A L L Y !!!! Twisted Evil
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pissed because I'd spent a lot of money years ago on the original, but listening to this turd of a remaster I'm not sorry.
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
I was pissed because I'd spent a lot of money years ago on the original, but listening to this turd of a remaster I'm not sorry.

Wait, wait...

I just pre-ordered this assuming it to be simply an LP reissue. It's remastered and sucks? Say it isn't so, I just spent 70 Euros on this all together.

Edit: Shit, what an idiot I am, clearly there's a YouTube link to a track right there. I can't listen because I'm at work right now. Is it fucked up?
Concrete Human Torture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:

+1
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wait, wait...

I just pre-ordered this assuming it to be simply an LP reissue. It's remastered and sucks? Say it isn't so, I just spent 70 Euros on this all together.

Edit: Shit, what an idiot I am, clearly there's a YouTube link to a track right there. I can't listen because I'm at work right now. Is it fucked up?

It is a REMASTER apparently, which is odd as the whole charm of this release was its difference in sound compared to Mortal Throne. Good thing I have kept my cd all of these years. I will have to compare how the YouTube track sounds,
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wait, wait...

This was never released on LP before only CD and I think tape.
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wait, wait...

I simply meant it as "a reissue, on LP format". That's why I just preordered it, I wanted it on LP.

Fucking didn't realize they messed with it. I can already assume that they brickwalled the hell out of it if I'd have to take a guess.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Vapula wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wait, wait...

I simply meant it as "a reissue, on LP format". That's why I just preordered it, I wanted it on LP.

Fucking didn't realize they messed with it. I can already assume that they brickwalled the hell out of it if I'd have to take a guess.

Well, I'd like it on vinyl too but not if it sounds like shit.

It's not lacking in the dynamics department but it's extremely hyped. To me the cymbals sound quite overbearing, it's scooped more in the mids (that's not a criticism, just an observation) and the bottom end is hyped up too. Neither version of the album sounded "perfect", but I don't see the point in this remaster.
sabeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A remaster may not have been necessary, but it doesn't sound terrible to my ears either. At least they didn't brickwall the shit out of it.

Last edited by sabeth on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Vapula wrote:
WindsOfApocalypse wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Wait, wait...

Well, I'd like it on vinyl too but not if it sounds like shit.

It's not lacking in the dynamics department but it's extremely hyped. To me the cymbals sound quite overbearing, it's scooped more in the mids (that's not a criticism, just an observation) and the bottom end is hyped up too. Neither version of the album sounded "perfect", but I don't see the point in this remaster.

Well, still got the longsleeve to look forward to at least and as long as it's hideously brickwalled I'll just deal with it. Still, like you said, this did not need a remaster.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way of knowing whether whatever is on YouTube is an accurate representation of what the LP actually sounds like? That certainly isn't always the case.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the cassette and that's fantastic Very Happy
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Is there any way of knowing whether whatever is on YouTube is an accurate representation of what the LP actually sounds like? That certainly isn't always the case.

Fair point, but it's exaggerated enough to know it's not a positive difference.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't have the original CD to compare, but this remaster sounds killer to my fucked up and shitty ears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: