P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Bands/albums you didn't like at first listen...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
El diablo



Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhem "Dawn of the Black Hearts"

Because I was not used to that poor production, even the production of Darkthrone seemed clean to me in comparison XD

In fact the first Norwegian bands that I enjoyed were Buzum, Darkthrone and Carpathian Forest, but when I was able to digest the Mayhem music (also thanks to DMDS), it became my favorite band of the first wave of Norwegian Black Metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 12282

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of bands... then I meet them in a bar and they are like 'hey man you ever hear of ____________?' and I am like 'no, do they suck? ...and they are like 'its my band man' and I am like 'wicked dude, yea they are alright'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
roeder



Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 130
Location: Budapest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything from DsO after SMRC. They never make any sense on first listen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marlboro



Joined: 26 Nov 2008
Posts: 836

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roeder wrote:
Everything from DsO after SMRC. They never make any sense on first listen

Welp, after which listen they make sense? Cause I 've been trying to get into their stuff after Kenose for more than a decade now and no click yet...
Still keep trying every once in a while but nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BREW HAMMER



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1068

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El diablo wrote:
Mayhem "Dawn of the Black Hearts"

Because I was not used to that poor production, even the production of Darkthrone seemed clean to me in comparison XD

In fact the first Norwegian bands that I enjoyed were Buzum, Darkthrone and Carpathian Forest, but when I was able to digest the Mayhem music (also thanks to DMDS), it became my favorite band of the first wave of Norwegian Black Metal.


Same here, I saved a whole weeks worth of lunch money for that one and felt ripped off at first but it grew on me. That CF cover rips!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roeder



Joined: 27 Oct 2016
Posts: 130
Location: Budapest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro wrote:
roeder wrote:
Everything from DsO after SMRC. They never make any sense on first listen

Welp, after which listen they make sense? Cause I 've been trying to get into their stuff after Kenose for more than a decade now and no click yet...
Still keep trying every once in a while but nothing.

Kenose and FAS were the toughest to get into for me personally. I would say about 5-10 spins until I began to enjoy them. Paracletus on the other hand was more immediate, after a couple of spins I enjoyed most of the songs.

There is music though that will never click with you no matter how many times you try. I have a couple of friends who got it into their heads that they will get me into Megadeth. They make me listen to a couple of songs every once in a while, I throw up when I hear the vocals, they call me a 'fake metalhead', repeat. This has been going on for years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mithrandir



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 2616

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COnfessor - Condemned

when this came out, I was actually getting into Doom Metal, thanks to Cathedral, Paradise Lost, etc... but when I bought this tape and heard those vocals I immediately took the tape back to the store and exchanged it or got my money back

took several years, probably by the late 90s I came back around and have been worshiping this album ever since...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PanzerGeneral



Joined: 25 Jun 2015
Posts: 2471

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
COnfessor - Condemned

when this came out, I was actually getting into Doom Metal, thanks to Cathedral, Paradise Lost, etc... but when I bought this tape and heard those vocals I immediately took the tape back to the store and exchanged it or got my money back

took several years, probably by the late 90s I came back around and have been worshiping this album ever since...
Haha a lot of people had a hard time with Confessor. I bought and sold SOL ....And the Swastikalotus.... and bought it again.
_________________
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.
....And the Swastikalotus....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MorbidAsshole



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 669
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manilla Road when Hellroadie sings.
_________________
Good deals/trades with: CoryTrevor, tehomapzu, Pravy, silentgods, Grief, He Who Cuts Stone, NVNM, thetruekvasirsblood, sarkk, throneofmight

Looking for Randy CD comp!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimorthPaleblood



Joined: 30 Mar 2018
Posts: 998

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Fortress

Didn't like them when I first listened to them some years ago, but I can't live without them now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miilos



Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 566

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many bands and albums that I worship today. Nightbringer, Acherontas, Incursus, Negative Plane, Peste Noire, StarGazer, Aluk Todolo, Teitanblood, last two Abigor albums etc. I wonder how many great albums I had threw away just because I've listened to them when I was not in the right mood, but what can I do...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acid Orgy



Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 1847

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
mithrandir wrote:
COnfessor - Condemned

when this came out, I was actually getting into Doom Metal, thanks to Cathedral, Paradise Lost, etc... but when I bought this tape and heard those vocals I immediately took the tape back to the store and exchanged it or got my money back

took several years, probably by the late 90s I came back around and have been worshiping this album ever since...
Haha a lot of people had a hard time with Confessor. I bought and sold SOL ....And the Swastikalotus.... and bought it again.


Bought that Confessor a couple of years ago, listened to ONE song and sold it immediately on discogs for the same price. Some of the most annoying crap I have ever listened to. Not even interested in giving it "another try".

About SOL, I'm a big fan of the demo and the SS Death Dealer era, bought TYONS when was released, thought it was weird shit, sold it and never listened to their following stuff.
_________________
Ough wrote:
You spent $80 on a Sanguine Relic tape
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Miilos



Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 566

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding Grudom to the list.
I do not know about albums, but I gave another chance to the demo in last few days and it turned out to be very good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinhas



Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 470
Location: Ancient Israel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it took me several attempts and several years to really appreciate root. now especially their first 3 albums are among my favourites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 1407

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autopsy. I was already really into Death Metal but for some reason they never stood out for me every time I'd give them a chance (I had both Severed Survival and Mental Funeral). Then, one day a friend of mine bought Acts Of The Unspeakable and for some reason that one clicked right away and became addicted to it. Then I went back to the other ones and they quickly became one of my absolute favorite bands in any genre.
Still haven't been able to get into their post reunion material though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group