P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Sargeist new album - "Unbound"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighwayCorsair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Sargeist new album - "Unbound" Reply with quote

https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/album/unbound

"W.T.C. PRODUCTIONS is proud to present SARGEIST's highly anticipated fifth album, Unbound.

By now, SARGEIST require no introduction. For nearly 20 years now, the band - led by erstwhile HORNA guitarist/songwriter Shatraug, who's arguably the most prolific metal musician of that same period - have been at the forefront of the ever-fertile Finnish black metal scene. In fact, alongside HORNA, one could say that SARGEIST are the most influential band of that scene, which has gone on to influence countless other worldwide scenes in this millennium.

And while each SARGEIST full-length has been a stunning snapshot of the band's headspace during that point in time, so, too, does the long-awaited Unbound provide a poignant portrait - one of a nearly reinvented lineup, but one just as vital. Gone is the "classic" SARGEIST lineup that included longstanding co-conspirators Torog and Horns (vocals and drums, respectively). Now, a rhythm section - bassist Abysmal and drummer Gruft - who together possess a wealth of experience in the Finnish metal underground; erstwhile Nightbringer and ADAESTUO guitarist VJS, whose activities also span other bands and continents; and vocalist Profundus, who's been an incredibly prolific drummer the last couple decades, and who's lately most renown as the vocalist for Desolate Shrine.

Despite this seemingly significant change, the SARGEIST aesthetic remains resolute and unyielding - indeed, they are more Unbound than ever. Grimy yet spectral, icily melodic but burning with a desperation beyond compare, songwriting that cuts to the heart of the purest black metal but reverentially receives it blood: the SARGEIST of Unbound are a band renewed and revitalized, prepared to keep the throne they've occupied these many years through a subtle yet studied refinement. Not for nothing has this lineup been active on the live front, and upon the release of Unbound are heading out on a European tour with esteemed labelmates ACRIMONIOUS and CHAOS INVOCATION. "

Azath- dm on Caligari.

Grave Spirit- bm on Iron Bonehead.

Nameless Grave Records
theconquerorwurm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah. It's weird to see a Sargeist record without a cheesy photo on the cover though. Will look to grab the LP once that's out.
HighwayCorsair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theconquerorwurm wrote:
Hell yeah. It's weird to see a Sargeist record without a cheesy photo on the cover though.

I hadn't thought about that, but that's a great point.

Music is fucking great so far, which is what matters.

Azath- dm on Caligari.

Nameless Grave Records
Hate Sermon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoying it so far. Thanks for the heads up!
HighwayCorsair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate Sermon wrote:
Really enjoying it so far. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers dude I am too this was a great surprise to end the work day.

Azath- dm on Caligari.

Nameless Grave Records
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope they sort out the productions on this one. The last album had some great songs but the productions was terrible I know this was done on purpose because the band thought let the devil in sounded far too clean which ironically is their best work.

Any samples anywhere? It will be interesting to hear the new vocalist on studio material as well.

theconquerorwurm wrote:
Hell yeah. It's weird to see a Sargeist record without a cheesy photo on the cover though. Will look to grab the LP once that's out.

Maybe because Hoath Torog is gone? It was him at least on all the full length covers.

Edit: Just saw the bandcamp link production sounds good.
Rawdogblues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty fucking phenomenal.
Power from Bathory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing Album! True Black Metal way better than the new album of OTOH
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power from Bathory wrote:
Amazing Album! True Black Metal way better than the new album of OTOH

Not sure I would call it way better. Its certainly executed in a different manner, but better? Not really. ...this just sounds like lots of other good albums exactly the same.
alex_korrozia1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Sargeist but the initial listen was... not sure how to describe it but the new singer sounds a little too different, and the tunes are not as hellish as Feeding the crawling shadows. Although Death's Empath rips. Need more spins.
Crasse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds pretty interesting, gonna give it a proper listen tomorrow.

Didn't like the production of the previous album and only listened to it once or twice for that reason. Specially after Let the Devil In, that album sounds perfect.
maenad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just spinning Satanic Black Devotion last night. One of the first contemporary bands I heard and got into, but honestly have spent much time listening to them the last few years. Will check this out though.
notkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New album is very good in my opinion. I maxed out my free plays on bandcamp. Looking forward to grabbing this on vinyl.
Secede!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Sargeist new album - "Unbound" Reply with quote

HighwayCorsair wrote:
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/album/unbound

"W.T.C. PRODUCTIONS is proud to present SARGEIST's highly anticipated fifth album, Unbound.

By now, SARGEIST require no introduction. For nearly 20 years now, the band - led by erstwhile HORNA guitarist/songwriter Shatraug, who's arguably the most prolific metal musician of that same period - have been at the forefront of the ever-fertile Finnish black metal scene. In fact, alongside HORNA, one could say that SARGEIST are the most influential band of that scene, which has gone on to influence countless other worldwide scenes in this millennium.

And while each SARGEIST full-length has been a stunning snapshot of the band's headspace during that point in time, so, too, does the long-awaited Unbound provide a poignant portrait - one of a nearly reinvented lineup, but one just as vital. Gone is the "classic" SARGEIST lineup that included longstanding co-conspirators Torog and Horns (vocals and drums, respectively). Now, a rhythm section - bassist Abysmal and drummer Gruft - who together possess a wealth of experience in the Finnish metal underground; erstwhile Nightbringer and ADAESTUO guitarist VJS, whose activities also span other bands and continents; and vocalist Profundus, who's been an incredibly prolific drummer the last couple decades, and who's lately most renown as the vocalist for Desolate Shrine.

Despite this seemingly significant change, the SARGEIST aesthetic remains resolute and unyielding - indeed, they are more Unbound than ever. Grimy yet spectral, icily melodic but burning with a desperation beyond compare, songwriting that cuts to the heart of the purest black metal but reverentially receives it blood: the SARGEIST of Unbound are a band renewed and revitalized, prepared to keep the throne they've occupied these many years through a subtle yet studied refinement. Not for nothing has this lineup been active on the live front, and upon the release of Unbound are heading out on a European tour with esteemed labelmates ACRIMONIOUS and CHAOS INVOCATION. "

"erstwhile"

I don't think that word means what the person who wrote this thinks it means.

Laughing
Nolan_B

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band is pleasing to listen to, but gets so redundant. Like always playing that movement from I to VI for drama. Sargeist takes the best elements from Gorgoroth and rearranges them and repeats them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: