P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Recent issues with Osmose orders' packaging
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

claiming that the package was open, the bubble wrap removed and all that is far from serious - it's avoiding responsibility, be it partial for whatever happened;

I am trying to figure this out with them and reach some agreement, hopefully we'll work something out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rawdogblues



Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 102

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"severe crushing test"

This I'd like to see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawdogblues wrote:
"severe crushing test"

This I'd like to see.


Indeed. Sent him quite a few pics already, might as well request a video Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kinderschreck



Joined: 01 Feb 2018
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why they don't just send you replacement.
As it is their business to run a mailorder they are respondsible for secure packaging and shipping. Your package was most likely shipped registered and it is always about the sender to claim damages. I know that most post companies make it very complicated to cover the damages they caused, but still there ist nothing the recipent can do about this. A big label like Osmose should reserve somewhat of their turnover to deal with these losses.
I've had ab few packages that were fucked up or lost during by the shipping companies within the last months and the labels were always doing their best to find a solution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11841

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinderschreck wrote:
I don't get why they don't just send you replacement.


Seriously? ...wouldn't that just be great if labels just mailed out a second package all the time. We could all get 2 for 1 deals.

...or literally have current prices all jacked up a good 30 to 40% to cover the costs I suppose.

Brilliant plan. I love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they offered ar 5% refund OR new sleeves for two of the 3 LPs (all 3 damaged)with the next order.

Told them that I want a refund and that when I place my next order, they can include the sleeves - so go figure, I am(was) ready to place another order, with the refund cover my new shipping costs - basically, continue doing business with them

then came the questions and the stories about the mysterious pack-opener Very Happy

might just file a PayPal claim and be done with it....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11841

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zixul wrote:


might just file a PayPal claim and be done with it....


Thanks for posting that... now every other label that also reads this that gets to see how you manage yourself can keep an eye out for you. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hammertime



Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Posts: 864

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble wrap is fucking worthless unless you're double-boxing. Cardboard filler pads are a MUST, and the fact that there are STILL labels in 2018 that don't know how to package records is mind-boggling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zixul



Joined: 28 Aug 2017
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Zixul wrote:


might just file a PayPal claim and be done with it....


Thanks for posting that... now every other label that also reads this that gets to see how you manage yourself can keep an eye out for you. Laughing


please do not confuse hypothesis with actual action on a Friday

the reason I paid with paypal and the additional fees they charge is for situations just like this one...seller refuses to take responsibility for poor packaging and I have to be the losing side - fuck that

let me know your label, will make sure to never order from you, to make it easier for you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11841

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammertime wrote:
Bubble wrap is fucking worthless unless you're double-boxing. Cardboard filler pads are a MUST, and the fact that there are STILL labels in 2018 that don't know how to package records is mind-boggling.


Its strange indeed... stranger yet I have ordered from Osmose before a few times and live on the other side of the globe and each order arrived in fine condition... I assume my package passed through a lot more hands and equipment than local orders do.

Yet you make a good point, not sure why everyone wouldn't just pack up the box similar to how NWN does and just adjust the cost of shipping if necessary and avoid all the issue of poor packaging altogether ...seems logical that would be easier and less hassle for everyone involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kinderschreck



Joined: 01 Feb 2018
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Kinderschreck wrote:
I don't get why they don't just send you replacement.


Seriously? ...wouldn't that just be great if labels just mailed out a second package all the time. We could all get 2 for 1 deals.

...or literally have current prices all jacked up a good 30 to 40% to cover the costs I suppose.

Brilliant plan. I love it.


I am not talking about replacing every cover with minor corner bendings or things like that, nor am I talking about amazon prime style service. I am not stupid. If people pack their packages careful, SERIOUS damages like in Zixuls case should not occur too often. And yes, in these few cases they do, I think labels should do what they can to help out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11841

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinderschreck wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Kinderschreck wrote:
I don't get why they don't just send you replacement.


Seriously? ...wouldn't that just be great if labels just mailed out a second package all the time. We could all get 2 for 1 deals.

...or literally have current prices all jacked up a good 30 to 40% to cover the costs I suppose.

Brilliant plan. I love it.


I am not talking about replacing every cover with minor corner bendings or things like that, nor am I talking about amazon prime style service. I am not stupid. If people pack their packages careful, SERIOUS damages like in Zixuls case should not occur too often. And yes, in these few cases they do, I think labels should do what they can to help out.


I do not agree. Unless the label is hand delivering the package ...there are many other hands on and stops a package has along the way. The buyer(s) have to assume a little risk or responsibility too when ordering something. Some corner bends on the sleeves is hardly the end of the world, it did not arrive with shattered vinyls or worse yet... not arrive at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kinderschreck



Joined: 01 Feb 2018
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Kinderschreck wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Kinderschreck wrote:
I don't get why they don't just send you replacement.


Seriously? ...wouldn't that just be great if labels just mailed out a second package all the time. We could all get 2 for 1 deals.

...or literally have current prices all jacked up a good 30 to 40% to cover the costs I suppose.

Brilliant plan. I love it.


I am not talking about replacing every cover with minor corner bendings or things like that, nor am I talking about amazon prime style service. I am not stupid. If people pack their packages careful, SERIOUS damages like in Zixuls case should not occur too often. And yes, in these few cases they do, I think labels should do what they can to help out.


I do not agree. Unless the label is hand delivering the package ...there are many other hands on and stops a package has along the way. The buyer(s) have to assume a little risk or responsibility too when ordering something. Some corner bends on the sleeves is hardly the end of the world, it did not arrive with shattered vinyls or worse yet... not arrive at all.


Ok, got your point! I misread Zixuls first posting and thought that the LPs were warped, not only the covers. That's why I was talking about "serious damages". You are right, if you are ordering stuff, you have to be aware of the risks of small bendings etc.
Still I think especially bigger labels should know how to pack records. NWN, IBP, Amor Fati, New Era and others do a first class job here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NuclearGoatVomit



Joined: 24 Feb 2010
Posts: 3325

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The situation is so-so. For example,I received the new Maggot Heart record in very bad, unplayable condition, due to the extremely poor packaging from the label and of course the postal services. On top of everything, when I opened the record it was so dirty and scratched, that god knows where are they pressed. Contacted Tim and he sent a replacement immediately, wich was all good, but he packed it the way I told him to. I told him that the packaging was weak.
Another issue was the new Reverend Bizarre In The Rectory repress. There was a strange sharp little dot on side C, wich causes skipping. Contacted Tomi and a replacement was sent immediately. In those cases, I think there is nothing wrong about asking a new one.
None of both labels wanted back the damaged vinyls as a proof for my honesty, wich I appreciate.
Quality control is lacking though, new vinyl is pressed like pancakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 11841

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
The situation is so-so. For example,I received the new Maggot Heart record in very bad, unplayable condition, due to the extremely poor packaging from the label and of course the postal services. On top of everything, when I opened the record it was so dirty and scratched, that god knows where are they pressed. Contacted Tim and he sent a replacement immediately, wich was all good, but he packed it the way I told him to. I told him that the packaging was weak.
Another issue was the new Reverend Bizarre In The Rectory repress. There was a strange sharp little dot on side C, wich causes skipping. Contacted Tomi and a replacement was sent immediately. In those cases, I think there is nothing wrong about asking a new one.
None of both labels wanted back the damaged vinyls as a proof for my honesty, wich I appreciate.
Quality control is lacking though, new vinyl is pressed like pancakes.


What you are talking about is manufacturing defects which is another topic though having nothing to do with shipping practices.

No one on the planet would not bring a new car back if the transmission did not work or keep a fridge that did not chill the contents. Not sure what a label in this regard does with manufacturing defected products, but yea, most certainly not a labels or the consumers fault there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group