P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Recent issues with Osmose orders' packaging
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Recent issues with Osmose orders' packaging Reply with quote

I've ordered a few times from them, always found the packaging to be "insufficient" to say the least, however, never mentioned it as nothing bad happened....until now!

Ordered 3 LPs and 2 CDs, package was around 2 kilos. Packaging:

Recycled cardboard box
some bubble wrapping around the contents
two folded posters for the sides
shredded piece of paper (for whatever reason)
Invoice

package comes severely damaged in the upper right corner, consequently, the LPs' covers are bended and look like shit (or good for a 3rd hand flea market stuff for 3 euros, I guess)....

Sent pics to Herve, came back asking if that was all in the package, forgot to tell him about the bubble wrap and he goes:

"Ok then your parcel has been opened during the travel, or as far as i understand has been opened in your country due to the written on the delivery note.

secondly, we pack all our parcels with hard bubble sleeves, that we cannot find here when you get your parcel.

third, i see on previous picture, that your parcel was quite deformed on the right, who is hard to believe, when we know exactly how we create a parcel our side, and did some severe crushing test to see how it turn inside.

So clearly your parcel get damaged seriously during the transport, then get opened, certainly by the customs or someone else, the bubbles sleeves removed, and shit happen!!

By tracking your parcel, i can see that it stick 4 days in your country before it get delivered, so something happen there, cos normally after 1 day entering a country the parcel get delivered, not the case here again."

Anyone experienced the same in recent times?
sztorm75

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've been Bamboozled Crying or Very sad
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, didnt spend milions there anyway Very Happy

have you been 'Bamboozled' by the same? any experience to share?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this part rather important: "parcel has been opened during the travel, or as far as i understand has been opened in your country due to the written on the delivery note"

So if the customs opened it and re-packaged it poorly, then it's not Osmose fault anymore...

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

]Isn't this part rather important: "parcel has been opened during the travel, or as far as i understand has been opened in your country due to the written on the delivery note"

we're in the EU, no customs + the above is the sellers "assumption", guess or whatever, the package has not been opened, he based that solely on the fact that I forgot to tell him the bubble wrap was inside when he asked "how was it packed"...
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shit happens mate, just accept it. I have received packages with whatnot -piss, water, I don';t know, that were repacked by the post I guess and stuff was broken, shitted etc...
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
Well, shit happens mate, just accept it. I have received packages with whatnot -piss, water, I don';t know, that were repacked by the post I guess and stuff was broken, shitted etc...

true that - however, if Osmose start package better, this can be easily avoided;

have you ordered from High Roller Records for example? that's an example of good LP packaging, I guess;

havent spent much time or energy on this, purpose of the thread is to rant a bit and see if others have similar//opposite thoughts about Osmose's packaging Very Happy
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, High Roller, Svart, Burning World/Souhtern Lord Europe etc...all great packages. Haven't ordered from Osmose in the past 3 years, so I don't know to be honest.
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Haven't ordered from Osmose in the past 3 years[/quote]

might as well do the same here Very Happy
Phlegma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my latest order from Osmose was really poor packed as well and i've decided to avoid them as far as im able to get the stuff elsewhere.

but High Roller is my first place looking for Osmose stuff because most of the time he has it available, if it's not another Die Hard Pr-Order from Osmose Rolling Eyes

Nechrist is tempting but i'm sure enough copies will show up later here and there.

Last edited by Phlegma on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Diocletian's Gesundrian and Annihilation rituals reissues + Repugnant's Hecatomb on blue vinyl (cover is bent like shit....);

HRR had these, except the Repugnant one; they put +2euros on each LP, that combined with the shipping cost made me choose Osmose - "cheap comes expensive" they say...
Heretic Death Call

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this gets straightened out before the Nokturnal Mortum reissues start shipping. Have "Nechrist" on pre-order already.
Zixul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for that Nechrist reissue for dont know how long...now with that shit, I will just hope some other label will have it...

we've been communicating since I got the package on Monday, he's not the fastest but at least he replies (so far), so kudos for that....
El Feroce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ordered from them, one of the most expensive mailorder.
antihumanism

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ordered perhaps 40 times from them and never had any problem, packing is better then most distros. they use boxes bigger then Lps and fill it up on the sides with posters so they can't move in the box. last couple times Lps came with plastic around them.
something important they do is, if a release has printed innersleeve they take Lp out if it and put it in normal sleeve. never seen any distro doing that and of course they take always Lps out of covers.
it's most likely your post man or doing transit they threw package around and there you go...osmose can't be blamed for that.
for a big label they are I think they do still an excellent job

El Feroce, I guess you never orders from them cause postage price is the most cheap around and cds still priced at 12.5euro like in old days (most labels ask 13euro) and Lps are also most of times cheaper than elsewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: