P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cultes des Ghoules SINISTER or Treading the Darker Paths, LP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see CDG playing live. I think it is the same thing that applies to Teitanblood. You can't recreate that within a live setting.
Crasse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
I can't see CDG playing live. I think it is the same thing that applies to Teitanblood. You can't recreate that within a live setting.

Exactly. Pretty sure they received a lot of festival and gig offers and glad to see they didn't do it.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously they could.

A show on a big stage such as Magasin 4 in Brussels, what A Thousand Lost Civilizations and Terratur Possession did with MARE and HETROERTZEN

Massive stage setting with a shit ton of candles, bones, skulls, mist and gloomy lights and maybe even more theatrical but crude and raw stuffs.

Like the BEST BM SHOW ever, truly grim and grandiose, verging on the illegal... CdG could do that with musicians from MGLA or something.
MotD would NOT break the charm and keep it true, possessed and foul from start to finish. He could pull it off. Would require a massive investment of course with several parties involved to deliver a truly unique and unforgettable concert of pure Black Metal...

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Smaragd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
Seriously they could.

A show on a big stage such as Magasin 4 in Brussels, what A Thousand Lost Civilizations and Terratur Possession did with MARE and HETROERTZEN

Massive stage setting with a shit ton of candles, bones, skulls, mist and gloomy lights and maybe even more theatrical but crude and raw stuffs.

Like the BEST BM SHOW ever, truly grim and grandiose, verging on the illegal... CdG could do that with musicians from MGLA or something.
MotD would NOT break the charm and keep it true, possessed and foul from start to finish. He could pull it off. Would require a massive investment of course with several parties involved to deliver a truly unique and unforgettable concert of pure Black Metal...

Yeah, and three rows of instagram bm monkeys with their smartphones raised in front of stage
Perfect! (No)
Crasse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most black metal shows have 0 atmosphere and look pretty bad. Not even counting the retarded audience constantly talking, screaming and moving like monkeys. Terrible idea.
The only fitting scenario for a CDG gig would be deep in the catacombs with very few candles surrounded by dead bodies.
Coscartac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in an interview that the members all live in different parts of the world. They apparently have had offers of gigs which they considered, but it's (at least in part) a logistical issue, which also puts my doubt on there only being one contributing party. I think there was mention of "the bass player" in the same interview also-why not just get someone else unless you operate as a full band?
Also, does anyone know where they record? The Black Lodge was listed as the studio for Henbane but there's a few and the one I contacted wasn't the one used.
Antibody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP is up for pre-order at High Roller

And Of Crawling Shadows has the tape and a new shirt up.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coscartac wrote:
Also, does anyone know where they record? The Black Lodge was listed as the studio for Henbane but there's a few and the one I contacted wasn't the one used.

Pretty sure it's their rehearsal room or something like that.
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a pretty strong middle work vibe from this album. Everything's just kind of ok. Coven was far more potent in every aspect.
bartwa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuersturm wrote:
I'm getting a pretty strong middle work vibe from this album. Everything's just kind of ok. Coven was far more potent in every aspect.

Indeed, plus Henbane will be regarded as classic. This album is just fine. I don't think anything groundbreaking (as Henbane) will come from CDG in the future. Which is perfectly ok.
funeralfog666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smaragd wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:
Seriously they could.

Yeah, and three rows of instagram bm monkeys with their smartphones raised in front of stage
Perfect! (No)

More bands/venues need to put no cell/photo in place. Saw Wardruna recently and they had a no camera policy in place best show I've seen in awhile and the lack of smartphones was really nice.
Fantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. This band bloated their formula with Coven and now I simply don't care anymore. Also, those vocals are getting on my nerves. Yes, we heard it, uuuh, strange vocals, ooooh, so weird, so occult somehow.....you can't expect me to follow that for any more albums.
GnosticPoison

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would rather they didnít perform live, even if they did pull of a perfect stage performance, I donít want to see them hanging in the crowd, posing for selfies and pounding beers afterwards. Iíd rather imagine them off in the wilderness consorting with Black Philip.

Black Philip listens to Cultes Des Ghoules.

Last edited by GnosticPoison on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
WindsOfApocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnosticPoison wrote:
Would rather they didnít perform live, even if they did pull of a perfect stage performance, I donít want to see them hanging in the crowd, posing for selfies and pounding beers afterwards. Iíd rather imagine them off in the wilderness consorting with Black Philip.

The bolded statement is basically one of the only truths spoken about Cultes Des Ghoules in this thread.
MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnosticPoison wrote:

When ever I hear Black Phillip, my first thought is always Patrice O'Neal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: