P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The post office, metalheads and a stymied IQ
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: The post office, metalheads and a stymied IQ Reply with quote

The other week I received a package with about 10 CDs in it that were all thoroughly crushed/snapped in half. The items apparently got fucked up while in route to my address. The package, I noticed, also looked like it had been opened and resealed. So there’s no telling what may have happened. But I seriously doubt the box was simply dropped since it was sturdy with enough padding on the inside to cushion any harsh treatment during transit.

I wrote the person to tell him about what happened and to point out what may have caused the problem- he drew pentagrams and upside down crosses all over the envelope while something about “Satan” was scribbled in big bold letters across the front.

I'm sure part of the reason Yosuke doesn’t use the full name of his label as the return address is to avoid hassle with the PO. Many Christians and destructive idiots work for them, so why openly advertise your merchandise by a reference to something about Satanism, nuclear warfare or Anti-Christianity? If your band is called "Nuclear Holocaustic GoatFago Kunt Slurper 666" then why is it a good idea to write that as your return address? It isn't. This is the underground anyhow. Keep it that way.

Discretion won't guarantee that your shit will be safe in the hands of the PO, but it’s certainly going increase the likelihood of having it delivered in one piece.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he also wrote "fuck up royally" instead of "fragile"?
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Black wrote:
Perhaps he also wrote "fuck up royally" instead of "fragile"?

Haha, I will never write "fragile" on an envelope ever again. The last time I did that the CD arrived at the sendee's doorstep snapped in half.

Go brush your doll's hair.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fuckin hate this!!!!! Some retarded did this to a package he sent me. There was a fucked up situation until I got it with a lot of questions and "what's with the crosses blah blah bla" type of shit. Someone should be really stupid to write anything like that on the package, is like giving the perfect excuse for the package to be opened, like writing "open me" instead of "fragile". fuck this shit!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they had this topic a while back on the FMP board someone said he had to pay shitloads of customs fee because some idiot wrote 666 USD as value on the customs form, ha ha !
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
When they had this topic a while back on the FMP board someone said he had to pay shitloads of customs fee because some idiot wrote 666 USD as value on the customs form, ha ha !

Laughing

Can't you just deny the parcel so it returns to the sender? I would do so.
terror_mit_uns

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha!
RobotOverlord

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw man that shit sucks! Sad
Morbid69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most countries I wrap CDs and tapes in newspaper before sending them

And when writing an address, I try to use the guys name instead of his zine/label/band/alias

Simple things like this can avoid a bit of drama
metalcrypt666

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:

"Idiot" is the operative word here.

I remember the first time I ordered from Yosuke, after ordering I thought to myself "Oh shit, I hope he doesn't write Nuclear War Now! as the return address."

I was stopped at the U.S. border once with Adrian Bromley (R.I.P.) of Unrestrained! Mag. We had to go inside and they asked a few questions while checking our passports. Adrian said he was going to cover the Classic Metal Festival for his mag, and then he handed a business card to the border agent. I look and the fucking card had skulls all over the place. A severe case of "fingers crossed", my friends. We were crossing way west into Ontario, so we had been driving for several hours and I really didn't feel like being turned back.
Chit019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha that shit is given, it's pretty much a general rule that you shoudnt write those kind of shit on the post office, I guess some people didnt get the memo.

I always get packages / letters from people with *insert name*666 or some shit like that for return address, good thing none of my stuff gets hassled. That's the reason why people should put their real name or some acronym at least. I mean just look at HHR or NWN for example.
Infidel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time, get someone to draw crosses and "Praise Jesus!" on your envelope/box.

But then again, they may try to steal the contents. Confused
Morbid69

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you never know whos checking your mail

best just cover it up and make it as inconspicuous as possible
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a small pack from Russia from Psuedogod guys, packet in a great foil evenlope, thers silkon instead of glue on the open side, nobody can open this shit without destroying / cuting, I like this way.

Some years ago, when send circa 3-5 letters each week, I draw many pentagrams, 666 signs, later some sigils, and even dirty some evenlopes with blood, but never had any problems with this.

Writing "fuck off" on the evenlope is not best idea Very Happy
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
CR99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I've got a small pack from Russia from Psuedogod guys, packet in a great foil evenlope, thers silkon instead of glue on the open side, nobody can open this shit without destroying / cuting, I like this way.

Some years ago, when send circa 3-5 letters each week, I draw many pentagrams, 666 signs, later some sigils, and even dirty some evenlopes with blood, but never had any problems with this.

Writing "fuck off" on the evenlope is not best idea Very Happy

Some years ago you were 13?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: