P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bands that sound like the unreleased Burzum tape!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probert!! Please come back!!!

Also Chips and Beer come back!!!!

Last edited by fartcough on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Naekrospavvn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathrow
Dr. Decibel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
best not to look too deep into the abyss lest you see yourself looking in from the other end simultaneously.

This got me fucked up.
disaffected

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the5thcolumn wrote:
I'm currently looking for users with similar post histories as Deathwish if anyone can help out

Laughing
Blasphemetic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about bands that sound like Rottrevore?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my own purposes for listening to a band that sounds like another one, it tends to be because the band in question has either already ended, or has changed their sound, or will not release new material, and we still want it to somehow continue, some examples:

It is clear that Blasphemy will not release new material, and even if they do, we will never have the same sound that FAOD had, we therefore have Proclamation in its place to continue on with the legacy of FAOD.... but wait, they ended too, I am later going to start a thread asking for bands that sound like Proclamation.

Bolt Thrower has already split-up, we now wish to keep listening to new Bolt Thrower material, instead of keep listening to the same stuff that will stay the same for good, so, Chaosbringer, and War Master takes its place.

A cult-classic film will not have any official sequels made by its original director, we then rely on shitty made-for-TV, direct-to-DVD with CGI for special effects follow ups to the film.

This is at least my own reason as to why we search for bands that sound like other ones, rather than something competely new, I do realize that we are having a depletion of bands that sound like themselves.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:

It is clear that Blasphemy will not release new material, and even if they do, we will never have the same sound that FAOD had, we therefore have Proclamation in its place to continue on with the legacy of FAOD.... but wait, they ended too, I am later going to start a thread asking for bands that sound like Proclamation.

There's always the new Antichrist that Yosuke said will be released eventually.
axebix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the anti worship bands thread?

If it is, it's posted on the wrong forum.
Bestial Walrus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any bands that sound like bands that sound like unreleased burzum tape?? Willing to pay discogs Jew prices!
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this where I post my dick pics?
kktz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:
So this where I post my dick pics?

No, go to metalcore.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
It will decimate the very foundation of peoples souls and existence if the truth is revealed ...that this very forum is only the same 10 people posting each under 30 different accounts. The very stitching in the fabric that holds this underground kvlt together will unravel and who truly knows the reach of consequences into the wider universe this will really have. ...best not to look too deep into the abyss lest you see yourself looking in from the other end simultaneously.
Ironically, this is pretty much true. I'd wager a conservative guess that 95% of accounts made post 2015 are made by the same person.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Bands that sound like the unreleased Burzum tape! Reply with quote

Deathwish wrote:
If you are an original FUCK OFF! Only clone and worship bands are real!!
Here is the threads:

I guess you have to view the whole thing with a more sober, calmed-down look :

A lot of people doesn't realise that here, on the western civilisation, during the last say, 15 years, we face a HUGE social & cultural stagnation.

You must understand that since the start of rock'n'roll, during the 50's up to the 90's, we saw a lot of cultural revolutions in pop/rock culture - everything you may could think had being done and said :
remember the 80's, who were a race of extremity in heavy metal, starting with Motorhead/ Venom and ended in grind/black/death.

My point that everything had being done, in older times, with a lot of fresh ground to conquer, and a different economy and conditions that could support record labels and huge tours etc.

During the last two decades we see the phenomenon (fueled by the internet) of mixing and matching the previous musical movements or having interpretations of things done in the past, by a younger generation of better musicians, having access to every technology, music lessons etc. - in contrast of us older guys who learned guitar by playing the riff of "smoke in the water" in one string Very Happy
People like Sakis of Rotting Christ are quoted by saying "that newer bands playing fantastic but they don't have fresh ideas" - OF COURSE, because everything has been done in the past !!!

About the newer bands which play in older styles, we have to examine and accept or not, if they are doing this with charisma or not. If you like it great, if not, they need to do what they love, and you, you have to find something you may like, elsewhere or stick with the old stuff (as I mainly do).

In the 90's we were up to the point that if a band did something that was fresh cool or unique, then you had a string of bands that did follow this exact thing.
This is true even today : you can even see a few bands that have the aesthetics and sound of Canadian Revenge - not that they are bad, is that they're just clones of one certain thing.

Like it or not, we live in the age of recycling, there's no innovation anymore and the reasons for it are deeper than what we think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: