P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Behemoth / God=Dog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't enough to the records for me to enjoy them but I respect the way Nergal has basically fashioned himself into the underground Hugh Jackman or whatever it is he is angling towards. I

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
When Demigod came out it was hard to imagine how anybody couldn't like that album.

I had given up on the band by that album but I checked it out at some point regardless and what a turd that is haha. Hopeless.
Iím far from a Nergal hater because itís just a waste of my time and truth is he has been a nice guy when we met but this whole social media thing is so intense even people not into Metal are asking me who this guy is, and that alone suggests heís doing everything right if becoming a star is an agenda. To each his own, Iíll go listen to Ildjarn and check Paul Flarts Instagram instead.
Down There....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success is not the problem, it's the way these people whore themselves or promote themselves that is more in line with soulless, commercial driven pop music than something like Black Metal. Like it or not, BM came with a radical attitude and that means people who pump out ridiculous merchandise and generally make a spectacle of themselves on social media are in for criticism. Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth et al. Commerical success appears to be their entire raison d'etre or at least their measure their success by something that is as devoid of spirit as can be. I've no experience of the Punk scene but I'd hazard a guess that it's not much different there either.

If someone becomes a billionaire on their own terms, then good on them.

Vikernes, whatever you can say about him, has done well for himself without surrendering one inch.

Checked Paul Flart instagram...wtf Laughing
deveneror

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a strange thing, this "underground" shield some people use... I think it's just a every egoistic and counterproductive argument from a small fraction of "fans".

I mean, I literally know dozens - if not hundreds - of musicians playing all sorts of metal styles and absolutely no one has ever said that they DON'T want to sell their albums, shirts, don't want to play in good/decently equipped venues (the ones interested on playing live), get fan support, etc. All bands want some degree of success, every single one of them and in most cases, they would totally live off music if it can pay the bills, like +90% of musicians at least dream or think about it more than once.

I think that, when a band decides to release an album to the public, regardless of the quantity of the printed material, it's already "selling out" in the minds of the underground templars of metal purity. If a band, no matter how much integrity and underground pride they have, think their limited available material is a sort of "poser preventer", it's damn wrong. Anything will end in the internet, or like in the 80's, it will be duplicated and passed from people to people. Today the underground at it was 25-30 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The moment a band releases something, within the next hours is already available to download - with some bands, it happens even before the official release date.

Regarding Behemoth, they made it big doing some quite extreme metal, so it's not like they tried to get a pop producer and play ballads to get teenagers filling arenas. They got big because their music is/was generally good enough for a number of metalheads. The Satanist, for example, is a very well done work with a huge artistic value. It's obvious they put a lot of effort and craft into it, from the music to the lyrics, it feels like a really honest record. I won't comment on Nergal because he's not my friend, so I couldn't care less about his antics. I only care about the music he does and if he delivers, it's good to me, if not, I move on. Life it's too short and there's way too much great material out there to lose my time on stupid shit like soap opera metal blabber.
little_raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tl;dr
Pale Rider

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

little_raven wrote:
tl;dr

''Less meta talk, more real music talk'' is what I think he said.
Dismal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really bothered with Behemoth, even their early stuff. I also thought of them as a "johnny-come-lately", even though that's probably not the case at all.

I listened to these new tracks and a few songs off the album before, and some other ones. Not for me. Well played, executed, produced etc, but too slick and a bit 'empty', even though I'm sure they're very sincere and genuine in what they're doing.
Bet they're good live, or at least put on a big show and spectacle.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worship the first wave black and death metal bands just like most others on here do, but this idea that the old bands like Venom, Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost etc were not after success is just total nonsense. If instagram and the like had been around back then, they'd be all over it like stink on shit.
deveneror

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I worship the first wave black and death metal bands just like most others on here do, but this idea that the old bands like Venom, Mercyful Fate, Celtic Frost etc were not after success is just total nonsense. If instagram and the like had been around back then, they'd be all over it like stink on shit.

Black metal bands had like x200 pictures per song released. They literally craved for attention. Just imagine Mayhem with Instagram or facebook back in 1993.
gojko88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
I only care about the music he does and if he delivers, it's good to me, if not, I move on. Life it's too short and there's way too much great material out there to lose my time on stupid shit like soap opera metal blabber.

Ditto for Inquisition Laughing
El Feroce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be this new album is about post rock oriented atmosphere, forgettable riffs (if applicable), almost blastless, vegan pseudo extreme metal for those who don't like extreme metal. Drab and squandered.

BehEMOth Very Happy
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
If instagram and the like had been around back then, they'd be all over it like stink on shit.
Makes sense! Laughing

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Deathwish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not listened to Behemoth since the early 90's. However the guy has done the right thing at every move.
There is only so far a BM band can be successful ..and he has gone as far as one can go.
Signature guitars, countless merch,licencing deals, touring,headling here and there, acting, tv presenting ... who cares?
Should he have fucked of all oppotunity just to please "the underground" ?

I remember on here ages ago that someone was suprised he was at the NWN fest cos "I had no idea Nergal was into such bands!"

Yeah...cos by then he had only been making records for about 20 years.

Rolling Eyes

Surely you gotta give him 1488 scene points for knockin on Rob Darken's door a few years back. Such photographs could have backfired on him in Poland him being a celeb and all... but he clearly didn't give a fuck.

And ...whatever else...it was his celebrity status that ultimately saved his life.. I doubt he would have found a donor by posting on here or mentioning it in a fanzine.

It is too bad he invited Niklas the moron on stage ..so by all means... mock them for that (and anyone else who has any dealings with that utter cunt) ...but all in all... why all the H8ERZ? Wink

GnosticPoison

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People give Nergal shit for making this kind of music, but letís be honest...Heís gotten older, matured, and realised that writing Black Metal that appeases the underground isnít going to pay his bills. Itís a choice between a career or writing music that makes enough money to pay the bills - The latter (Writing music) is his passion, so of course heís gonna choose that. This incarnation of the band sucks, no denying it, but itís been blatantly obvious for a long time that heís past the point of going off into the Polish mountains to don corpse paint and grimace aimlessly into his m8s camera. Itís just as well we have legions of 20 somethingís to fulfill that role for us, eh? This is how life is. Just a fact. Itís also how 95% of this board live their lives. Who, honestly, expected this band to deliver anything?

Folk posting pictures of him in ĎNormieí clothes alongside a ĎNormieí Darken (Who, has also - Shock horror - in his latter years developed a desire to live hasstle free, regardless of his personal beliefs) are the same people that talk shit about Wagner Antichrist for having the audacity to have a successful career and have a photo taken of himself in a suit. Pretty sure it was the same for Behold Barbarity before he was rumbled by the thought police.

...Aye, new album isnít up to much.
Deathwish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't talking shit about him by posting those pics.

i just pointed out that if he actually gave a flying fuck what anyone thought about whatever he does... the last thing he would do would be photographed with ANYONE who can have the word NAZI attatched to them.
The guy is a major celebrity in Poland...

seen on here before ..but this is the kind of shit the press love to pull.

[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: