P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Judas Iscariot reissue LPs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GrimorthPaleblood



Joined: 30 Mar 2018
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a point here.

I also noticed the terrible job they did at "making" the Deluxe Box Set Edition of "To Embrace...", as if you look closely enough you can still see the partially erased JI logo in the upper left corner of the painting behind the upside down cross, as well as the partially erased album title in the bottom left one.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013307254_10.jpg

These guys seem to be big on giving their releases that "DIY flare", even though they end up looking like amateur-ish Photoshop edits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scarletheavens



Joined: 09 May 2018
Posts: 48

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
You got a point here.

I also noticed the terrible job they did at "making" the Deluxe Box Set Edition of "To Embrace...", as if you look closely enough you can still see the partially erased JI logo in the upper left corner of the painting behind the upside down cross, as well as the partially erased album title in the bottom left one.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013307254_10.jpg

These guys seem to be big on giving their releases that "DIY flare", even though they end up looking like amateur-ish Photoshop edits.



hahahahahahaha because god forbid we look up the original gustave dore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hymnsoftheneedlefreak



Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 5262

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you two guys need a hotel room to discuss every JI discrepancy?

For fuck's sake, give it a rest.
_________________
Give me the amulet, you bitch!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimorthPaleblood



Joined: 30 Mar 2018
Posts: 526

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarletheavens wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
You got a point here.

I also noticed the terrible job they did at "making" the Deluxe Box Set Edition of "To Embrace...", as if you look closely enough you can still see the partially erased JI logo in the upper left corner of the painting behind the upside down cross, as well as the partially erased album title in the bottom left one.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013307254_10.jpg

These guys seem to be big on giving their releases that "DIY flare", even though they end up looking like amateur-ish Photoshop edits.



hahahahahahaha because god forbid we look up the original gustave dore


At this point, I personally could not make the excuse of buying Vinyl because of bigger more detailed anda better looking artworks and all that stuff. In the end, the solution seem to be the same once again: buy those CDs.


Last edited by GrimorthPaleblood on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
southern_death



Joined: 02 Jun 2012
Posts: 158
Location: Argentina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And why you always care and 'white knight' this re-issues' jokes?

They're talking about JI editions/re-issues in a JI thread, just fuck off if you don't like

Regardless of all that, probably Jeppe approved the 'Corspses' mispelling
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/vocesdelaustro
http://voices-defying-death.blogspot.com.ar/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
R.J.



Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
You got a point here.

I also noticed the terrible job they did at "making" the Deluxe Box Set Edition of "To Embrace...", as if you look closely enough you can still see the partially erased JI logo in the upper left corner of the painting behind the upside down cross, as well as the partially erased album title in the bottom left one.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013307254_10.jpg

These guys seem to be big on giving their releases that "DIY flare", even though they end up looking like amateur-ish Photoshop edits.

This is embarrassing. The font they used for the logo is squashed too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aeonblade



Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 801
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
If no one knew who Judas Iscariot was before... by the end of this thread 3x (or more) as many copies will need to be pressed to satisfy the demand.


Perhaps this was all a brilliant marketing scheme, and at the end the curtain will raise and Andrew will step out dancing with Blake and much like in a Scooby Doo episode they will then pull off rubber masks to reveal that they were disguised as each other, so indeed a wink and smile was all that was needed... but wait. They pull off another mask to reveal instead they are Trump and Kim Jung Un ...but wait, that's not right... one more round of rubber masks off reveal its only Blake and some homeless looking female partner.


...then a door way opens and stepping out with his portal gun is Rick followed by a Morty. Rick is not amused by the situation. ...but really doesn't give a fuck either and leaves again.


Is anyone still interested in buying these if they so happen to actually manifest in a trusted distro? Be honest. I bet they still sell regardless of any legal rights or wrongs, just as long as YOUR own money sent gets you your product right? I mean isn't that how it is?

So who is still buying them regardless of the drama?


Personally, the only thing I'm interested in is An Ancient Starry Sky, but I also don't believe for a second that Blake actually got permission from Andrew for any of this stuff.

You'd think he'd come out to say something about this shit show. There's no way he's not aware at this point, but I guess daddy'$ money is more important.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SlevinKelevra



Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1281

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao, they deleted at least 2 comments from that facebook post asking about status of refunds.

where's the update 'statement' post anyways?
_________________
I'm here to kick names and take ass!

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khamul



Joined: 09 Apr 2015
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
If no one knew who Judas Iscariot was before... by the end of this thread 3x (or more) as many copies will need to be pressed to satisfy the demand.


Perhaps this was all a brilliant marketing scheme, and at the end the curtain will raise and Andrew will step out dancing with Blake and much like in a Scooby Doo episode they will then pull off rubber masks to reveal that they were disguised as each other, so indeed a wink and smile was all that was needed... but wait. They pull off another mask to reveal instead they are Trump and Kim Jung Un ...but wait, that's not right... one more round of rubber masks off reveal its only Blake and some homeless looking female partner.


...then a door way opens and stepping out with his portal gun is Rick followed by a Morty. Rick is not amused by the situation. ...but really doesn't give a fuck either and leaves again.


Is anyone still interested in buying these if they so happen to actually manifest in a trusted distro? Be honest. I bet they still sell regardless of any legal rights or wrongs, just as long as YOUR own money sent gets you your product right? I mean isn't that how it is?

So who is still buying them regardless of the drama?


I honestly don't know. If they will be released in the first place, there's one thing I know then. Living in Europe, I won't be spending tons of Euros to buy any of their stuff from them, I'll just wait for European distros to (hopefully) start selling them here. As I already mentioned before, I already have every JI album on CD, so I'll consider buying only my favourite ones on LP, which are "Heaven In Flames" & "To Embrace...", being them the only 2 albums that sound "genuine" and "original" to me.


Well, for a start IBP won’t carry those records...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
legionz



Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khamul wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
If no one knew who Judas Iscariot was before... by the end of this thread 3x (or more) as many copies will need to be pressed to satisfy the demand.


Perhaps this was all a brilliant marketing scheme, and at the end the curtain will raise and Andrew will step out dancing with Blake and much like in a Scooby Doo episode they will then pull off rubber masks to reveal that they were disguised as each other, so indeed a wink and smile was all that was needed... but wait. They pull off another mask to reveal instead they are Trump and Kim Jung Un ...but wait, that's not right... one more round of rubber masks off reveal its only Blake and some homeless looking female partner.


...then a door way opens and stepping out with his portal gun is Rick followed by a Morty. Rick is not amused by the situation. ...but really doesn't give a fuck either and leaves again.


Is anyone still interested in buying these if they so happen to actually manifest in a trusted distro? Be honest. I bet they still sell regardless of any legal rights or wrongs, just as long as YOUR own money sent gets you your product right? I mean isn't that how it is?

So who is still buying them regardless of the drama?


I honestly don't know. If they will be released in the first place, there's one thing I know then. Living in Europe, I won't be spending tons of Euros to buy any of their stuff from them, I'll just wait for European distros to (hopefully) start selling them here. As I already mentioned before, I already have every JI album on CD, so I'll consider buying only my favourite ones on LP, which are "Heaven In Flames" & "To Embrace...", being them the only 2 albums that sound "genuine" and "original" to me.


Well, for a start IBP won’t carry those records...
why do you say that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
funeral-records



Joined: 14 Sep 2016
Posts: 2723

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:


Perhaps this was all a brilliant marketing scheme, and at the end the curtain will raise and Andrew will step out dancing with Blake and much like in a Scooby Doo episode they will then pull off rubber masks to reveal that they were disguised as each other, so indeed a wink and smile was all that was needed... but wait. They pull off another mask to reveal instead they are Trump and Kim Jung Un ...but wait, that's not right... one more round of rubber masks off reveal its only Blake and some homeless looking female partner.


man, they are putting something extra special in the water up there in Canada, eh. is that why Trudeau's eyebrow was falling off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khamul



Joined: 09 Apr 2015
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legionz wrote:
khamul wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
If no one knew who Judas Iscariot was before... by the end of this thread 3x (or more) as many copies will need to be pressed to satisfy the demand.


Perhaps this was all a brilliant marketing scheme, and at the end the curtain will raise and Andrew will step out dancing with Blake and much like in a Scooby Doo episode they will then pull off rubber masks to reveal that they were disguised as each other, so indeed a wink and smile was all that was needed... but wait. They pull off another mask to reveal instead they are Trump and Kim Jung Un ...but wait, that's not right... one more round of rubber masks off reveal its only Blake and some homeless looking female partner.


...then a door way opens and stepping out with his portal gun is Rick followed by a Morty. Rick is not amused by the situation. ...but really doesn't give a fuck either and leaves again.


Is anyone still interested in buying these if they so happen to actually manifest in a trusted distro? Be honest. I bet they still sell regardless of any legal rights or wrongs, just as long as YOUR own money sent gets you your product right? I mean isn't that how it is?

So who is still buying them regardless of the drama?


I honestly don't know. If they will be released in the first place, there's one thing I know then. Living in Europe, I won't be spending tons of Euros to buy any of their stuff from them, I'll just wait for European distros to (hopefully) start selling them here. As I already mentioned before, I already have every JI album on CD, so I'll consider buying only my favourite ones on LP, which are "Heaven In Flames" & "To Embrace...", being them the only 2 albums that sound "genuine" and "original" to me.


Well, for a start IBP won’t carry those records...
why do you say that?


Because I asked Patrick about this. I had preordered some JI LPs, but am waiting for my refund now. The only vinyl that is truly important to me is ‚Heaven in flames‘. But I do not like to spend shitloads of postage on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CR99



Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 10786

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol'd pretty hard at the amateur photoshop smudge tool attempt on "To Embrace...". What the fuck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kruzifixxion



Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013318789_10.jpg

They just blew up the CD cover and somehow pasted (with MS Paint??) the Logo on the cover, but it is also the same as on the CD Version because it is missing the pentagram Right under "Iscariot" which the LP Version had.
So, this is a badly blown up scan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kruzifixxion



Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 193

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
You got a point here.

I also noticed the terrible job they did at "making" the Deluxe Box Set Edition of "To Embrace...", as if you look closely enough you can still see the partially erased JI logo in the upper left corner of the painting behind the upside down cross, as well as the partially erased album title in the bottom left one.

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0013307254_10.jpg

These guys seem to be big on giving their releases that "DIY flare", even though they end up looking like amateur-ish Photoshop edits.

Funny how similar this layout is compared to the "original" DISN Vinyls from an overstock in Germany....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 25 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group