P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Funeral Mist album
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gojko88 wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
SWO wrote:
I fear the many years of Mardork influence might have rubbed off on Arioch.

He had been in Marduk already for 5 years when Maranatha was released and it didn't have any effect on it.

No, but Wormwood was half-Funeral Mist.

nouveauregne wrote:
Hosana is by far the catchiest FM song ever, feels almost out of place.

I still think Perdition's Light and The God Supreme are catchier.

Whole of Devilry was catchier.
Wormvoice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BloodVengeance wrote:
OK,... looks I am too late ? Can not find it at any shop in Germany. Was ist limited ? Sold out?

Most likely yes. Most distros had it before the weekend. Though I'm sure Noevdia will come with a repress sooner or later
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a couple of sample tracks and figured it was worth picking up. It could be a long haul. It took forever for me to get into Maranatha but when it clicked, it clicked hard. I didn't even find Salvation particularly great at first but now I certainly agree with the praise it has gotten over the years. For whatever reason I have to exercise patience with this band.
karimlan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
I listened to a couple of sample tracks and figured it was worth picking up. It could be a long haul. It took forever for me to get into Maranatha but when it clicked, it clicked hard. I didn't even find Salvation particularly great at first but now I certainly agree with the praise it has gotten over the years. For whatever reason I have to exercise patience with this band.

It's been a similar experience for me with this band. I bought Salvation 12 years ago based on a review and I just didn't like it - in fact I wrote the band off entirely.

Years later listened to Maranatha out of curiosity and it took a while, but I really got hooked. Before you know it I was listening to Devilry too.

I've given Hekatomb quite a few spins and I can't say whether this is Arioch's best work just yet but it really does stand on it's own. The only lame song is "Naught But Death."

As for Salvation, I still think it's crap.
astralprison

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Hekatomb a lot more without the prolonged naptime between Cockatrice and Metamorphosis.
legionz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this album. Masterful.
Kliffan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album has grown quite a lot since the first listening, which nothing really stuck. But, now its just keep getting better for each listening.

Last edited by Kliffan on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_swarm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our LPs (and CDs) just arrived on monday and were added yesterday. That should be one of the last batch available for the normal price...
https://wtcproductions.bandcamp.com/
www.bardomethodology.com
lifeless

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's on Spotify now LOL
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
it's on Spotify now LOL

Hmm, I need to see if itís on Apple Music.
If it isnít yet, it will be at some point.

Buy my records:
https://www.discogs.com/seller/Inh722/profile
norwegianhowlermonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karimlan wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

It's been a similar experience for me with this band. I bought Salvation 12 years ago based on a review and I just didn't like it - in fact I wrote the band off entirely.

Years later listened to Maranatha out of curiosity and it took a while, but I really got hooked. Before you know it I was listening to Devilry too.

I've given Hekatomb quite a few spins and I can't say whether this is Arioch's best work just yet but it really does stand on it's own. The only lame song is "Naught But Death."

How anyone can deny tracks like Breathing Wounds or Across The Qliphoth is beyond me.
SWO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norwegianhowlermonkey wrote:
karimlan wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

How anyone can deny tracks like Breathing Wounds or Across The Qliphoth is beyond me.

Or Holy Poison. One of the most intense black metal songs of all time.

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Vapula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand people not liking Salvation because for me it's similar to Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice. On Si the only song I liked at the beginning was Sola Fide I and it took a long time before I could get into the rest of the album. It was the same with salvation for the longest time all i liked was Across The Qliphoth then eventually one day the rest of the album clicked. Salvation was definitely one of the most difficult if not the most difficult album i've ever tried to get into.

Some people just don't have the patience to keep trying and trying. I'm sure there's other stuff out there I have given up on that had I of only give it a few more chances I would love it now. Nobody has the time to give every single album the attention it needs and also a lot of albums are just shit or have very little lasting power.

But albums like the ones I mentioned above are the ones that will always stay with you. It's been years and I still listen to both very regularly, I was only listening to Si yesterday. For me salvation is one of the best albums ever recorded and I think it's the only vinyl I own two copies of, one version in the box set and one of the DLP reissues because I am afraid that I listen to it that often, eventually one copy will start to get significant damage knowing my luck by that time if I didn't own a spare it would back on discogs selling for hundreds again.
karimlan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norwegianhowlermonkey wrote:
karimlan wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:

I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike.
Vorax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralprison wrote:
I would like Hekatomb a lot more without the prolonged naptime between Cockatrice and Metamorphosis.

The Burzum'ish synth in Cockatrice really took me by surprise. Great track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 15 of 24

Jump to: