P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Blasphemy & Ross Bay Cult Nerdism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Blasphemy and classical music trivia - here's two different answers by Black Winds, from two different fanzines (Courtesy of http://blasphemyritual.webs.com/) :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Any message to the readers?

BW: Yes, pick up some good classical like Prokofiev ( "Alexander Nevesky Cantata", "Scythian Suite" ), Stranvinsky ( "Rights Of Spring", "The Firebird" ). Mahler ( "Symphonies V" & "VI" ), Mussorgsky ( "Night On Bald Mountain", "Pictures At An Exhibition" ). I recommend this stuff for any Black Magic Occultists, Satanists, are any BLASPHEMY intros, effect listener.
From HOLOCAUST ZINE #4, 1990

Q: What are your favorite bands?

BW: SAMAEL, XYSMA, BEHERIT, BBLOOD, MORTUARY DRAPE, DOOM, NUNSLAUGHTER, SARCOFAGO, NECROBUTCHER, BOLT THROWER, ROTTING CHRIST, BLACK PROPHECIES, DERKETA,VITAL REMAINS, SACRED CRUCIFIX and some classical music like Mussorgsky ( "Night On Bald Mountain", "Pictures At An Exhibition" ), Mahler ( "Symphony #5", "#6" ), Stravinsky ( "The Rite Of Spring", "The Firebird" ).
From INTESTINAL ZINE #2, 1991

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well think about it : Black Winds was at his early 20's when he gave these interviews on those fanzines, made by diehards to be read by diehards.
So obviously he didn't try to "sell" an intellectual image or to play cool to some hipster "righteous" magazine of the time - he truly believes what he is saying here.

I was very impressed to find that he likes Gustav Mahler 5th and 6th symphonies, since Mahler is my brother's favourite composer of all times !!! My brother is called Gerasimos and we use to call him "Gerry" all the time - nice coincidence or what ????

This one fact, with the classical music recommendations, made me love this even more !!!!
"What's with the girly screams? We are not The Beatles" - Black Winds / “The earth has a skin and that skin has diseases; one of its diseases is called man.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche. / STOP USING PVC PROTECTING SLEEVES ON YOUR VINYL ALBUMS

Last edited by translucent_nick on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible, BW also enjoys some classical music, Mussorgsky Cult Eternal!

And can we get rid of the "Sarcó-" typing shit, please?, it has been years that every time someone types their name this shit appears instead.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:

And can we get rid of the "Sarcó-" typing shit, please?, it has been years that every time someone types their name this shit appears instead.

Hahahahaha - I don't know why this kind of hack happens !!!!! I edit my post and the name appears to be correct but then I press "submit" and this fucker appears !!!!!

Edit : I fixed my initial post cause I don't like trolling shit on the stuff I'm posting.
These "internet-troll-meme" modifications thing are ridiculous and disgusting hahaha
"What's with the girly screams? We are not The Beatles" - Black Winds / “The earth has a skin and that skin has diseases; one of its diseases is called man.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche. / STOP USING PVC PROTECTING SLEEVES ON YOUR VINYL ALBUMS

Last edited by translucent_nick on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:04 am; edited 3 times in total
fartcough

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xysma, nice. I’m keeping an eye out for their demo compilation.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:

2CD compilation including all old Xysma recordings has been out there since 2004: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Xysma/Xysma/66389

Out of the Dungeon website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/
DUNGEN001: DER STÜRMER - Hail to Finland CD out now!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
fartcough wrote:

2CD compilation including all old Xysma recordings has been out there since 2004: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Xysma/Xysma/66389
Hahah I remember buying this years ago and then I got the stupid Russian version WITHOUT the demos baaaaaaaaa….
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live Ritual is good. Historic for NWN but that Victory (Son Of The Damned) is fukken awesome. Still Desecration Of São Paulo - Live In Brazilian Ritual - Third Attack is the best sounding release of there's. Hope with the copyright issues now settled there can be a FUll version.
Vapula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:
Desecration Of São Paulo - Live In Brazilian Ritual - Third Attack[/i] is the best sounding release of there's. Hope with the copyright issues now settled there can be a FUll version.

Asked about this already in another thread but didn't get an answer. Desecration of.. and the rehearsal that came with the live ritual album are my two Blasphemy go tos now when I listen to them now they sound much better than the full lengths.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
Nightvvolf wrote:
Desecration Of São Paulo - Live In Brazilian Ritual - Third Attack[/i] is the best sounding release of there's. Hope with the copyright issues now settled there can be a FUll version.

Asked about this already in another thread but didn't get an answer. Desecration of.. and the rehearsal that came with the live ritual album are my two Blasphemy go tos now when I listen to them now they sound much better than the full lengths.

Yeah, I could ask Eduardo "beherit" (BR boss labels) about this - I remember he was very angry about Osmose not letting him releasing the whole set.

As for the "die hard rehearsal" it is one of my favorites too : "FAOD" songs like "Darkness Prevails" are really shine as GREAT SONGS too because you can hear clearly what's going on - in contrast with the blurry mix of FAOD, while the overall rehearsal performance is brutal, chaotic, and relentless \m/
I'm happy this recording is finally widely available.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just uploaded on youtube this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3XdA4m9eVI

The date must be correct, but the location of the concert is reported to be Juz, Leonberg, Germany - I don't think they even happen to be in Yugoslavia ever (let alone the state the country was in those days).

Plus, there is NO place in Yugoslavia called "Hofingen" !!!!

Damn those bootleggers !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:
Someone just uploaded on youtube this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3XdA4m9eVI

The date must be correct, but the location of the concert is reported to be Juz, Leonberg, Germany - I don't think they even happen to be in Yugoslavia ever (let alone the state the country was in those days).

Plus, there is NO place in Yugoslavia called "Hofingen" !!!!

Damn those bootleggers !!!!

Unbelievable... now we have bootlegs advertising gigs that happened in places that do not even exist?, now that is just incredible, this is taking bootlegging to a whole different level.

Now, Yosuke, will we ever get an official reissue of the ultra-rare limited to 6 copies VHS-only bootleg footage of the final Blasphemy gig opening for Korrozia Metalla and Flames of Hell at the Boltok Metal Festival in Kuzcek, Kazakhstan, on May 13th, 1994? (I think the boot is called "Fallen Fire of Sadism"?).

That gig was epic!, more than 60+ people of the village attended!, even the village's mayor Urkin was there, but as the gig went on, the venue was attacked by a local midget militia (you can see that they interrupt the band at the 26:06 mark, the footage is really grainy), and chaos ensued, the gig had to be stopped until Caller of the Storms and Necrosleezer took care of them.

Playing resumed afterwards, but eventually the National Security Committee unepectedly arrived because the militia contacted them for backup, and ordered the entire gig to be shut down, and the band was permanently prohibited from playing in Kazakh soil again, a lot of known VHS tapes of the gig were destroyed by the Kazakh government, and the band has been ordered to refrain from mentioning that the gig even happened, due to that incident, Blasphemy entered a long hiatus in the same year, until they reunited 1999, there might still be some very few copies of the gig floating around, i'm not sure.

Apparently, the footage was shot without the band's permission by a prominent Kazakh bootlegger in the scene named Mukhtar Sakanov (he gone by a lot of different names over the years), he also admitted being behind Abhorer's "Unholy Blasphemer" bootleg once (read more info about this Sakanov ripoff here).

And about this "Yugoslavia" video, you can see that Germany is mentioned in the first 5 seconds of the video.
tagradh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm grasping the importance of someone enjoying some of the most well known works of classical music.
fartcough

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
fartcough wrote:

I know, but I can’t find it anywhere. I came across a site selling the cassette Swarming of the Maggots but I could print out the j card and make it myself and it’d probably be of the same quality.
Vapula

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:
Vapula wrote:
Nightvvolf wrote:

Yeah, I could ask Eduardo "beherit" (BR boss labels) about this - I remember he was very angry about Osmose not letting him releasing the whole set.

As for the "die hard rehearsal" it is one of my favorites too : "FAOD" songs like "Darkness Prevails" are really shine as GREAT SONGS too because you can hear clearly what's going on - in contrast with the blurry mix of FAOD, while the overall rehearsal performance is brutal, chaotic, and relentless \m/
I'm happy this recording is finally widely available.

I hope the Gods of War tracks get released even as a 7" or 10" with just the additional material since I already own the current vinyl and it was expensive as fuck.

1981 wrote:

Playing resumed afterwards, but eventually the National Security Committee unepectedly arrived because the militia contacted them for backup, and ordered the entire gig to be shut down, and the band was permanently prohibited from playing in Kazakh soil again, a lot of known VHS tapes of the gig were destroyed by the Kazakh government, and the band has been ordered to refrain from mentioning that the gig even happened, due to that incident, Blasphemy entered a long hiatus in the same year, until they reunited 1999, there might still be some very few copies of the gig floating around, i'm not sure.

Blasphemy played in Kazakhstan? I think that's the most fascinating thing mentioned in this thread so far.
wildbeyondbelief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
final Blasphemy gig opening for Korrozia Metalla and Flames of Hell at the Boltok Metal Festival in Kuzcek, Kazakhstan, on May 13th, 1994?

That's insane story man. Would love to see this footage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 28 of 43

Jump to: