P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Blasphemy & Ross Bay Cult Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did they ever succeed to play in singapore with sarcofago??

I was just rereading this italian zine after opening this thread

do you need buttons for your band/distro/label? send me a pm
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a Blasphemy tank with NUCLEAR ANABOLIC BLACK METAL on the back
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they didn't play in Singapore with Sarcofago. That never happened unfortunately.

Uncolored wrote:
did they ever succeed to play in singapore with sarcofago??

I was just rereading this italian zine after opening this thread

Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Impenitent Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comes the Necrosleezer re-release? Was this ever officially released? There isn't much info about it on the web.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this in another article.

Quote:
In 1989, Sammytown killed his girlfriend, Dixie Lee Carney, suspecting that she was working with a different acid dealer to take all of his business. In a drug-addled rage, he crushed Carney’s neck with his bare hands. She was 24.

Sammytown went on the run for six months before eventually, inevitably getting caught. He was sentenced to 11 years for voluntary manslaughter and served six before being released.

6 months from August 89 would put it around Jan 1990. He wasn't caught until Blasphemy was back in Vancouver so it still leaves some margin of doubt about whether the tour happened in late 89 or Jan 1990. It probably makes more sense that the tour happened in 89 considering Marco and Black Winds' collaborating statements about it. However I'd like to see what exact date is recorded in the Gilman book. If the Gilman book says Jan 1990 then it probably was Jan.

NWN PROD wrote:
Just found this:

Quote:
Sam McBride’s story started well before he took a life in August 1989, went on the run, and was subsequently incarcerated for six years before his release in 1995.

https://www.punknews.org/article/54997/sam-mcbride-fang-talks-murder-conviction-prison

He was on the run while Blasphemy was staying with his friends from the Berkeley based punk band Special Forces.

Here are more notes I have about the gig.

1989 (?) Berkeley CA gig Filmed by Kelly. MDC was supposed to play but cancelled. Gig was booked by Kelly. They stayed at Orlando Xavier's house (singer of the Berkeley based punk/hc band Special Forces). The West Oakland house was occupied by a group of Satanic punk girls calling themselves "Sinister Sisters of Satan." Formally called the Madonna Inn while Fang's singer used to live there.

IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stuff, especially that FANG related story! Shocked
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impenitent Thief wrote:
When comes the Necrosleezer re-release? Was this ever officially released? There isn't much info about it on the web.

Working on it now actually

AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer thread. Can't ever get enough Blasphemy, no matter how often I've read about them. Keep it coming!
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to add Blood Upon the Altar is the best releases from this ancient horde.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I'll add my two cents here because I'm in the process of researching the early years for the boxset. I'll put some facts into bullet points to make it easier to follow:

-Blasphemy had a lot of momentum starting in 1987 when most of the Blood Upon the Altar songs were written.

-They played their first gig in December of 1988, opening up for Witches Hammer at the Paramount.

-Black Priest had a mental breakdown and left the band in Jan of 1989 after the demo was recorded. The exact dates of the Blood Upon the Altar recording session is unknown, but I speculate that it started in December 1988 and finished in Jan of 1989 because we know that Black Priest left shortly after the demo was recorded. He would later rejoin for a very short period in 91 after Marco Sodomizer left the band temporarily.

-Witches Hammer breaks up in Jan of 1989.

-Marco Traditional Sodomizer of the Goddess of Perversity joins the band in spring of 1989. He was given a copy of the demo and in two weeks he learns all songs and becomes the new second guitarist/back up vocalist.

-Kelly Bestial Saviour of the Undead Legions helps to organize a short tour down to Los Angeles. Due to lack of interest in black metal at the time, they only manage to play two gigs, one in Seattle and one in Berkeley (at the Gilman). Both were recorded by Kelly and will be included in the upcoming Blasphemy boxset.

-The exact dates of the west coast tour is yet to be determined, but I know the Gilman gig is recorded in the apendix of the Gilman book. Anyone own a copy of this book? I used to see used copies locally but never see it anymore, and the cheapest copy on Amazon is $60! My guess is that it was late summer or early fall of 1989.

BIG THANKS for all the info and the letter photos !!!!

I'll choose not to upload old photos I found from various internet sources, for not interfering with the planned box - but I 'll upload public shared stuff, as photos posted on Fiasco Bros facebook page.

Mr. Konishi, have you ever try to conduct Len Osanic ? I think he will be more than happy to help with data and memories - half of his studio popularity is because of these Ross Bay maniacs.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impenitent Thief wrote:

I remember that christmas 2016 KFJC Radio show, where Yosuke played the whole Necrosleezer demo, along with the Death Worship mini-LP listening premiere.
Give me some time to find if this radio show is archived somewhere, for you to have a listen.
A.P.I

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Ross Bay cemetery related read would be Michelle Remembers. Apparently the second most populated city for Satanic worshippers in the world is Victoria B.C
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the last Blasphemy concert at February 26, 1994, before the mid 90's hiatus.

I asked Kelly Bestial Saviour (who was in Tumult that time) if he remembered anything about this obscure appearance, and he told me he helped organize it, along with Jason Kollins, the man who recorded the "Sacrament Of Blood" album by Antichrist.

I asked both of them if they remember which was the Blasphemy line-up for the night, but no-one remembered.

Since the Antichrist guitarist, Aaron "the festering arsonist", played with Blasphemy on "Fuck Christ Tour" December 1993, it would be quite possibly for him to played with both bands that night - but this would be also a shitty speculation of mine.

I've never have seen any photo or any other proof of this concert, apart of this poster and some flyer that exists.
plague

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even more cult that they were tied into the sammie town debacle!
Zombie Dance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Here is a letter that Black Winds sent to Metalion of Slayer magazine in May 1989. This letter accompanied the Blood Upon the Soundspace rehearsal tape that was recorded sometime late in April of 1989.

Cultoccultus who featured Blasphemy in the second issue of Sepulchral Voices (Sept 1989) told me Black Winds eventually did visit Metalion by the end of the 80ies and gave a Blood Upon The Altar copy to Culto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 3 of 91

Jump to: