P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Blasphemy & Ross Bay Cult Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:
Soul Erosion wrote:
Hopefully I will piss some of you off, but I think that Blasphemy despite making two great albums got more famous now then their were in the 90's.

Yes, they may have done the famous The Fuck Christ tour, but I don't believe that they were THAT influential back in the day. Hell, they didn't even played that much in their own country either....
Yes, they were featured in alot of magazines too.
The chances in the 90's/early 00's that they headlined a big festival like Netherlands death fest was unimaginable: you keyboard warriors cannot deny this.

Bathory and Mayhem were seen as a big influence on the Norwegian scene in the early 90's.

Not even in the US and Canada were they seen as influential because let's face it: BM became a thing in the us after 1995. Of course there were some bands here and there, but not that much.
I'm happy that they have more recognition now, but I believe that they have become more "famous" / influential now then back in the day: just the same case as with Autopsy. Laughing

Yes, it's true that Blasphemy are more acknowledged these days, but the more you will find documents from the very old and initial days of the "second wave", you will find that they were known on the underground : they were a little bit trendy back then, but this isn't so prominent for two main reasons:
1) The scene back then was much more smaller and concentrated.
2) The bands that were considered BM were striving for originality - for example, all main Greek Black Metal bands of that time were Blasphemy fans and in contact with them, but none of them tried to copy them.

As for Blasphemy getting more famous now, you see that a lot of Heavy Metal bands that used to be obscure but pioneering, are making come-backs, playing on fests and getting the recognition, that maybe on their original time didn't got.

Profanatica is another example of a band that was having a hard time during their initial activity time, but getting more attention now and getting acknowledged as pioneers right now.

Right, on both points. Just like Marduk and Immolation being influenced by Possessed but totally sounding different.
But still, I don't remember alot of bands in the 90's mentioning Blasphemy as influences: let alone in the Norwegian scene. The old Finnish bm bands were definately more influenced by Blasphemy.

You can also see that my claim is correct due to the fact that the re-releases of both album both started after 2001 and exploded after 2007.....
Humus

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my friends went to the Fuck christ tour and told me that after the Immortal show, the crowd would step aside to let the band pass through. After Blasphemy, people would pat them on the back and have a talk with them.
Just to show that the Norwegian scene was considered as something very serious (while Abbath for example, simply is not) and Blasphemy as just a band on tour.
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
One of my friends went to the Fuck christ tour and told me that after the Immortal show, the crowd would step aside to let the band pass through. After Blasphemy, people would pat them on the back and have a talk with them.
Just to show that the Norwegian scene was considered as something very serious (while Abbath for example, simply is not) and Blasphemy as just a band on tour.

Evidence 3 Laughing
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Hopefully I will piss some of you off

Sorry for spoiling your fun Laughing Razz but there are far more serious issues to getting pissed-off these days. I would be happy if our only worry had to be any fucking band.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:

Evidence 3 Laughing

You know, with this thread I started here, I feel like this amazing interview Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0saLvPNa4ZA

Oh no, not that "BLA" word again !!! Laughing Cool
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
Humus wrote:

Evidence 3 Laughing

You somehow mix and confuse the evidences:

1) On the stylistic part, you could say that only bands like early Beherit or maybe Archgoat or Naked Whipper were directly influenced by Blasphemy.
Bands that were rather more Blasphemy admirers, were starting to appear on the second half of the 90's (for example, Conqueror or even my country's Unholy Archangel)
2) Blasphemy were adored by all the bands of the early second wave BM circuit - is that they DIDN'T WANT TO COPY THEM.
Euronymous wanted to sign Blasphemy on DSP, but he didn't succeeded 'cause they had already chosen "Wild Fags/Rags". Certainly it was a decision that didn't ended well, since it is well known that Wild Fags ripped-off Blasphemy.
But I can't tell that DSP would be a great choice either, since Euronymous was broke and the label was under-financed all the time.
3) The Norwegian scene did all the noise back then, and it was everywhere in the news, and all the noise was a good promotion too - you can find that famous 1993 Kerrang article, and you can see that Norwegians were all the noise and the trend, while bands like Blasphemy, Acheron, Sad Ex, or Profanatica, each one taking a single mention or note on the article.

That's why Immortal were looking so scary on the conscious of many back on the 'Fuck Christ Tour", because of the people-killing, church-burning reputation the Norwegians had back then.
If you see the facts more realistically, the Blasphemy members are more wild as persons, while Immortal are rather conventional rock stars - this fact is bringing us to the number:
4) The sole reason that Blasphemy never got bigger, was the band's chaotic lifestyle itself, that led 'em to some choices and decisions, that you can even call self-destructive choices : these guys just can't follow any producer, manager - they even started with a lot of momentum, and slowly they got dissolved - what the fuck huge movement of followers do you wanted 'em to have created back then?

Last edited by translucent_nick on Mon May 13, 2019 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marlboro

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:
I would be happy if our only worry had to be any fucking band.
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a super rare Blasphemy t-shirt, made for the "Fuck Christ Tour".
Owner/photo credits, is by the "BlasphemyRitual FB group" member, Stanfield Riceball - big thanx for the permission to post here.

I had seen this t-shirt on this photo only, with the "Fuck Christ Tour" line-up, but I couldn't tell what it was :

L-to-R : Aaron "The Festering Arsonist" - session guitar, Black Hearts and Caller Of The Storms.
axebix

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:
Here is a super rare Blasphemy t-shirt, made for the "Fuck Christ Tour".
Owner/photo credits, is by the "BlasphemyRitual FB group" member, Stanfield Riceball - big thanx for the permission to post here.

I had seen this t-shirt on this photo only, with the "Fuck Christ Tour" line-up, but I couldn't tell what it was :

L-to-R : Aaron "The Festering Arsonist" - session guitar, Black Hearts and Caller Of The Storms.

That deserves to be repressed!
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty fucking cool Nick! Is it a Moyen drawing? I seem to recognize the eyes of the goat as a typical yearly day Moyen thing.
Pretty cool shirt - but those hoodies they have on the photo are killer!
translucent_nick

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
Is it a Moyen drawing? I seem to recognize the eyes of the goat as a typical yearly day Moyen thing.

I'm gonna ask him if he made this for them.

"Hail Black Speed DesAcration" on the front Cool Laughing
Mysticus

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's been already posted here. Anyway cool shot... even that framed "The Wall" of Pink Floyd rules!

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:

4) The sole reason that Blasphemy never got bigger, was the band's chaotic lifestyle itself, that led 'em to some choices and decisions, that you can even call self-destructive choices : these guys just can't follow any producer, manager - they even started with a lot of momentum, and slowly they got dissolved -?

Well, this and the fact that not including intros or whatever, the band has barely 40 minutes of music to their name in 30 years.
Inverto Crosso

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

translucent_nick wrote:

Is it a weed leaf there in the middle?
windofpain

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inverto Crosso wrote:
translucent_nick wrote:

Is it a weed leaf there in the middle?

appears so

"King Dude sounds like white power Cake"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 85 of 91

Jump to: