P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NEW YORK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
Not into PENTAGRAM, Darragh? I guess we'll have to discuss this once we bump into each other in Dublin one day!? Wink

Laughing Not into doom at all. In fact, I can't stand doom/true Metal in general.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
Opolus wrote:
Not into PENTAGRAM, Darragh? I guess we'll have to discuss this once we bump into each other in Dublin one day!? Wink

Laughing Not into doom at all. In fact, I can't stand doom/true Metal in general.

Shocked Fair enough, Mr, although I wonder how your mate Nemtheanga is dealing with this, ha, ha! Nonetheless, hopefully everything works out fine with your trip to New York!
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:
Shocked Fair enough, Mr, although I wonder how your mate Nemtheanga is dealing with this, ha, ha! Nonetheless, hopefully everything works out fine with your trip to New York!

He deals with it just fine...he plays it plenty...I get treated to everything from Sword, Riot to The Devil's Blood, Candlemass regularly but I subject him equally to plenty he's not keen on! Laughing

NY should be a blast.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the PENTAGRAM/THE DEVIL'S BLOOD show as well.

Academy Records is cool. Found the Abhorer 7" there.

Generation Records has a better than average selection, but nothing you can't find somewhere else for cheaper. You also have to deal with the snotty nerd punk rockers that work there. They have an OK vinyl selection too, when it comes to newer stuff.

Bleeker Bob is worth a look for it's "landmark" quality, but he's outlived his legend long ago. Small crappy selection of CD's and over priced, beaten up vinyl.

I always check out Other Music too. Bad selection of Metal, but you might get lucky. I saw a Nuclear Death LP there once and picked up a semi-rare Death In June LP for pretty cheap too.

Tips?

Ignore bums and any black people that try to strike up conversation.

Don't be the "huge backpack" guy on the subway.

Don't walk around really slow looking up at buildings.

Go to Katz Deli and get a Pastrami sandwich too. Check out Kimi's Video on St. Marks if you're into movies and poke around the block a bit.

If I was a tourist, I'd also check out ground zero and go to the 9/11 museum on Liberty street.
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:

Tips?
If I was a tourist, I'd also check out ground zero and go to the 9/11 museum on Liberty street.

C'mon! Walking slowly is what tourists do, camera at one hand, map at another, eyes staring at the skyskapers Laughing ... What's the rush in New York?
That Bleeker Bob was the only shop I managed to visit, while being there.
The zoo in Bronx is nice if you are into such things...
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:

Tips?

C'mon! Walking slowly is what tourists do, camera at one hand, map at another, eyes staring at the skyskapers Laughing ... What's the rush in New York?
That Bleeker Bob was the only shop I managed to visit, while being there.
The zoo in Bronx is nice if you are into such things...

I hated having to walk around Times Square when I was working down there and having to stop every five minutes, because of some dorky family posing for pictures or walking around like they were in some enchanted land they never seen. Assholes trying to read a map.

The entire Bronx is a zoo. The most dangerous animals there aren't the ones in cages.
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
argh matey villains and negative plane spend mucho time at our secret bar in the lower east side. great prices. good jukebox. IMO the record stores all suck. but academy records has some cool shit from time to time as far as used vinyl is concerned. also villains and crucifier are playing a show in late march at public assembly in brooklyn. pm me if your interested.

It just dawned on me that I haven't been there enjoying cheap whiskey, Thin Lizzy and getting lost drunk in the subway in quite awhile...we have catching up to do. I'm too busy cruising around Lon' Guyland in my IROC Z-28.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah moe. i had the caddie detailed and souped up this past valentines day. complete with stuffed doggies. need to get off tuckey and hit the reagle beagle pronto! maybe this weekend after i get my tips done. Laughing
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo Idol wrote:
IROC Z-28.

I just got my Charger detailed.
Pick ya up in front of the Apollo !
Slaughter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any cool gigs in NY next December? I will propably stay there for about five days, it would be cool to see one great show.
svoegtlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
DESECRATOR777 wrote:
argh matey villains and negative plane spend mucho time at our secret bar in the lower east side. great prices. good jukebox. IMO the record stores all suck. but academy records has some cool shit from time to time as far as used vinyl is concerned. also villains and crucifier are playing a show in late march at public assembly in brooklyn. pm me if your interested.

I guess I won't be there in time for the Crucifier show but wouldn't might checking out this "secret bar" of yours.

Stay clear of the cheese puffs and chicks wearing Vans and Madonna bracelets. You have been warned.
svoegtlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Check out Kimi's Video on St. Marks if you're into movies and poke around the block a bit.

I thought Kim's closed?
ZummahT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it closed, if you check this thread is from February, the guy was visiting March, it was open back then.

AGRATH
Voodoo Idol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim's Video only relocated a couple blocks over, same neighbourhood.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hospital Productions on 3rd St. between 1st and 2nd av. Great record store, small supply so sometimes they have good stuff and sometimes not, but you can usually find something worth buying

Generation records on Bleecker and Thompson is ok too, occasionally have decent stuff
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: