P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

worst thing you've ever seen at a show?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: worst thing you've ever seen at a show? Reply with quote

Figured there's some interesting/weird/brutal stories out there

In 96 I saw Six Feet Under, Immolation and Internal Bleeding when they toured together. Internal Bleeding drew in some of those youth crew hardcore kids and it was the first and only time I've seen crowdkilling occur (attacking people standing on the sides and in the back), and it went on for the entire set. Most metal fans had no idea wtf was happening and a lot left the venue and didn't even return for Immolation and SFU. If you don't know what crowdkilling is, here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4TJqWWj24k

Also, this was back when I was 18 or so, but once at a small show (I think it was an American Legion hall) of local underground punk/metal bands, some gutter punk chick gave birth on the floor of the venue during the show, literally right there dead center in the crowd on the floor. It was the most insane thing I've ever seen. What made it worse was it was a hot/muggy summer night and the venue was really humid and miserable, and then to have that smell and all the liquid in there mixing in with the heat. Just a fucking nightmare to witness.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna-be bully-party for mongoloid grindcore idiots ? Looks hilarious.

Knock em down!
Deviant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least that kid can honestly say that he's been a part of the scene since day one.
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deviant wrote:
Well, at least that kid can honestly say that he's been a part of the scene since day one.
Laughing

Weirdest thing I witnessed was someone losing a tooth due to a crowdsurfer kick in the face. The guy calmly steps up on the stage, picks up his tooth, puts it in a pocket of his jeans and continues moshing.
W. Helm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientSlumber wrote:
Deviant wrote:
Laughing

Weirdest thing I witnessed was someone losing a tooth due to a crowdsurfer kick in the face. The guy calmly steps up on the stage, picks up his tooth, puts it in a pocket of his jeans and continues moshing.

Was this in Eindhoven at the Effenaar? I saw exactly this happening there at hardcore show.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: worst thing you've ever seen at a show? Reply with quote

nok wrote:
some gutter punk chick gave birth on the floor of the venue during the show, literally right there dead center in the crowd on the floor.
I tried to recall what strange things I might have witnessed during gigs, but after having read this, absolutely nothing comes to mind Laughing

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Vegeta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5+ years ago I saw a somewhat heavy guy try to stagedive at this UG festival- and he wasn't caught, so he landed on his head and went out cold. Luckily he came to after a few minutes but there was a moment where you couldn't be sure if you had just seen a guy break his neck and die right in front of everybody. A few people on this board saw it too and maybe they can confirm wether his eyes actually turned white or if I'm just imagining things.

szentofdeath wrote:
Can we talk about how fucking solid Dismember still is?
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once at a gig in Stockholm (don't remember the headliner, just went there because I knew the supporting act) a guy who traveled from Sicily just to see the show slit his wrist and squirted blood all over the audience. According to a friend he had apperantly felt so happy during the gig he felt he had to end his life when it was on top. He failed miserably of course but it made the gig a lot more interesting.

The worst for me personally was one time when some teenager was too drunk and puked in a small basement venue (also in Stockholm) though. Ugh the stench.
Hailstorms

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, the (new) HC scene. Worst fashion/catwalk assembly you can imagine. These guys are "tough" only as a collective at their gigs, when they can perform their ritualized "violence" with other youth subculture participants. As soon as one of them runs into someone that is a REAL criminal on the street their toughness implodes.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailstorms wrote:
Aaah, the (new) HC scene. Worst fashion/catwalk assembly you can imagine. These guys are "tough" only as a collective at their gigs, when they can perform their ritualized "violence" with other youth subculture participants. As soon as one of them runs into someone that is a REAL criminal on the street their toughness implodes.

Yeah, they are a pack of fags. Doesn't even need to be a criminal, just pick someone who doesn't take shit when their 'crew' isn't around. Ah forgot, they don't pick on people when alone or in small numbers.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a fairly decent Mexican on Mexican beatdown at MDF in 06. Old mate went to ground and they all started putting the boot in. Had been bottled too from memory. Useless. At a punk show around 98 a crazy Croation I know turned up with a knuckle duster which had a blade attached to it (punch then slice). He hit someone but on the follow through cut his friend's nose with the blade. On a punk pub crawl in 1995 some blokes I know started trashing the bar at the Hyatt and all hell broke loose. The crust punks loved it. I thought it was pretty scummy and ruined the day. The news report is pretty amusing though. Haha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0pt20ymxHiE
Wolfram

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: worst thing you've ever seen at a show? Reply with quote

nok wrote:

Also, this was back when I was 18 or so, but once at a small show (I think it was an American Legion hall) of local underground punk/metal bands, some gutter punk chick gave birth on the floor of the venue during the show, literally right there dead center in the crowd on the floor. It was the most insane thing I've ever seen. What made it worse was it was a hot/muggy summer night and the venue was really humid and miserable, and then to have that smell and all the liquid in there mixing in with the heat. Just a fucking nightmare to witness.

This is insane..
W. Helm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a few fights I've never witnessed anything crazy violent.

Trashing a venue I've seen happen once at a Violation of Trust gig in the late 90's. The crowd began tearing down the ceiling and the floor became a slushy pool of beer and plaster.
medarov

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP closed his own topic with the 1st post. Bravo
The Missing Link

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a skinhead beat up a native american guy, then stood over him grabbing his own dick and said "Go home and listen to your Twisted Sister".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: