P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Taake NYC show shut down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speerhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it weird that all these venues in America cancelling shows seem to have no idea about the genres of the bands they book, nevermind the bands themselves. Everywhere else I've lived in Europe and Asia, the people booking shows tend to be clued up on music, regardless of their politics.

You'd think a booker would know enough about black metal to distinguish between extremist showboating and actual NS shit, and be able to make a judgment call if some idiot with a social media account tries to cause trouble. Cancelling shows unnecessarily loses money and ruins reputations with tour agents.
Smorgasbord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit:^I agree 100% that cancelling shows is fucking stupid, if you booked a band and you didn't do sufficient research it's your fucking problem if they turn out to be nazis or pedos or whatever else, don't ruin someone's good time cause of your inadequacy

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:

No one should be happy about this show cancellation.
It could easily be a band you enjoy next.

I enjoy some taake material very much and I'm very pleased with this cancellation.
The only thing that pisses me off is that he played in israel, I didn't know that and it makes me lose a lot of respect for him. And his reply didn't have to be so pc. He should have said "I was an idiot for doing that 10 years ago and you're an idiot for cancelling my show now" but of course he doesn't really believe that just like so many metal musicians (even those who are not nazis) think that sporting swastikas is ok or cool, haha. And then they call upon freedom of speech while sporting a swastika the irony is too much.
Fuck your freedom.
AncientSlumber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Starter pack black metal

Comes with Taake patches, burzum ts, fishnet tights, black nail polish and URL to YouTube

Briliant comment. Laughing
Doedsengel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see Taake APOLOGIZE for anything they've done. (Besides a courtesy apology to the promotor for things getting screwed up.) All I've ever seen has been Hoest explaining the incident, that it was just a drunken stunt to piss off the German crowd. Which it WAS. Taake has never had any NS ideology and it's only fair that they get to point that out when the cowardly, pathetic, genderfluid cucks in Antifa insist that they are a "NAZI BAND". This hardly counts as an apology or "backing out", since they were never about that in the first place.

Taake is most certainly Anti-Islam though, having ANTI-ISLAM printed on Taake shirts, on their records, Hoest wearing Anti-islamic shirts on stage, etc. But Taake will never apologize for that. I guarantee it.

Full support to Taake. One of the few remaining bigger Black Metal bands that still have their integrity.

Quote:
So, Guardians of Morality, feel very free to keep up your pathetic boycott, we don`t mind being hated.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doedsengel wrote:
All I've ever seen has been Hoest explaining the incident, that it was just a drunken stunt to piss off the German crowd. Which it WAS.

You and Hoest seem to think there is just one big misunderstanding that could be explained and then all will be good, after everyone realizes that yes indeed, Hoest ain't the Norwegian translation of Hitler actually. Every time some Black Metal-musician, that gets flamed and smeared by Antifa over some NS-flirting here or drunken stunts there, attempts to EXPLAIN the OBVIOUS to Antifa and seriously expects them to come to their senses and see their wrongs, it's an exercise in futility. AS IF Antifa would not know what really happened at that Taake-show back in 2007! They know it was a prank, but so what? They just don't care, because this incident is a welcome opportunity to push their agenda on a scene that has yet to be cracked wide open for SJW-policing. So far, Black Metal has proven more or less resilient to any and all attempts at enforcing political correctness throughout scene and genre, but as the saying goes: Little strokes fell big oaks.

That's why Taake will get this shit thrown at them time and again, until Hoest swears allegiance to Antifa and Taake starts playing RABM. What will not happen, as a matter of course. But it's also not going to happen that Hoest can explain himself to Antifa and make them stop what they are doing. They have their ideology and they ceaselessly pursue that agenda no matter what. Hoest should confine himself to tell everyone to fuck off, and that's that.
deceiver24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty shit state of affairs. Moot point of what you think of this band - we do not need left wing scum dictating to us what we can listen to. Did I read Bolzer had issues in the US too? Fuck me dead. They just did a national tour of Australia and not a murmur from 'that crowd'. Unfortunately, the only language these subhumans understand is violence and having their own shows shut down, which is easier said than done. BM is an easy target at the moment - wonder how they go in Europe when the big RAC shows are on. I know they are usually held in pretty private areas and advertising is not the same, but I doubt if they had he chance they'd be lining up the front of a venue preventing access as they know the consequences will be real.
Doedsengel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Meant as a reply to DTB.

I 100% percent agree with you, good sir. This is exactly how it is. EVERYONE knows they're not a nazi band, Antifa included. And that will not change no matter how many times anyone tries explaining it to them. I am well aware of this, and my guess is so is Hoest.

My post was aimed at all the black metal heads who seems to feel Hoest and Taake tried being badass nazis but then chickened out when the heat got too much. That they are "gay for apologizing" and not sticking to their principles.

My point was that this is hardly an apology, but a professional band of this size can't just ignore an incident like this, and therefor has to issue some form of statement. That doesnt mean they are pussies who dont "dare to stand for what they believe in". They simply say "Antifa is wrong, AGAIN. Nothing we can do about it, as they wont listen."

Personally, I think all the bands who take the bait after having the nazi-card thrown at them, by issuing statements where they condemn Nazism and racism, are making things worse. But it would be EXTREMELY unprofessional of a band the size of Taake to not say anything at all following this. At least they didn't go on and on about how bad nazism is and how sorry they are to have offended anyone...
hammertime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deceiver24 wrote:
but I doubt if they had he chance they'd be lining up the front of a venue preventing access as they know the consequences will be real.

I'm not sure if that's ever happened in the states TBH. It seems like it's all bluster in the hopes of getting the venue to cancel in advance. In the few instances where the venue has held their ground, I'm not aware of there ever being problems during the event. I could be wrong though.
lunar stele
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone tell antiFa that the obskuritatem bootleg guy is NS.
Apostle of Plague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giantgambianrat wrote:
Antifa can do only one reasonable thing in 2018 - to get at least one of the Ministry shows in US cancelled. Only then i might have my morning coffee full of irony in peace.

haha now why on earth would they do that, other than embarrassment over that shitty song (and "99 Percenters" while we're at it)
HerrTreblinka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
flowersofevil wrote:
...that is what fascists do (or at least that's what they did in the past).

Be that as it may, shutting down a Taake show is about as retarded as quoting a trip to Israel (one of the most ethnocentric / outright racist states) as evidence that Taake ain't racist.

Unrelated to the topic, but Israeli Jews are some of the most mixed bag people possible, raging from Yemenis to Russians or even the (admittedly paria) Ethiopians. It's very much a "vibrant" place, much like modern-day Europe and it's nothing most "white nationalist" types imagine it to be (while admiring it in secret for perceived ethnocentrism). Add 20% Muslims and you got a perfect Babylon.

Now, back to the topic: Taake sucks, but it's not surprising that this would happen in New York. Anyway, modern black metal for the most part has no balls, which is why this happens. Compromise after compromise and statement after statement, this is how this genre ends up being another garden-variety "alternative" genre.
BaronOvHell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did antifa shut them down anyways? Anonymous threads over facebook? Usually these people end up being manic depressive transgender loners... not even close to a real threat to the venue
bartwa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you apologize to them you deserve to get cancelled. Antifa separates wheat from chaff in 'black metal community'.
SilenceEater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am incensed at the idea of navigating someone else's moral compass in order to access whatever I please. It's easy to see why they did this. Black metal has a small community. If you want to protect your shows make sure YOU call the venue and express your horror at their blatant censorship. Otherwise, Marduk, Incantation, Taake, and more will continue to be shut down by people who aren't even a part of the metal community.
Apostle of Plague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronOvHell wrote:
How did antifa shut them down anyways? Anonymous threads over facebook? Usually these people end up being manic depressive transgender loners... not even close to a real threat to the venue

i have a theory, that while maybe a bit grandoise, is possibly not too far off from the actual truth...

i think regarding the Brooklyn show, possibly some credible warnings were given regarding the legal and licensed operation of the club (or maybe the threat has always been there), and owners/promoters in other cities have simply followed suit thinking if it happend in nyc that there must have been legitimate reasons.

i think possibly this, along with all of the high-profile sexual harassment allegations being made this past year, the left-leaning entertainment and news industries even throwing some of their very own to the lions, is possibly part of a larger dnc strategy to establish a culture of absolute zero tolerance for misogyny, bigotry, and of white men in general being in any kinds of positions of power or popular influence (unless they are liberals), so that when the next election comes around, the new crop of freshly registered young voters will already have it in their heads that Trump and everything he represents is wicked and backwards, and that he and every other (white male) Republican need to be removed from office.

Last edited by Apostle of Plague on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: