P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Taake NYC show shut down
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necrotelepath

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Taake NYC show shut down Reply with quote

by the usual suspects of course. not really a fan myself but thought maybe some people might like to discuss....

he's on facebook apologizing to "antifa" for wearing a nazi flag 10 years ago once lol $$$

Last edited by necrotelepath on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
stringent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the facebook statement. Very clownish.

Quote:

Following the cancellation of the New York show by the venue, Hoest has issued the following statement:

"I have clearly explained many times throughout the years that me wearing a swastika once at a German concert was not at all meant to show support for the nazi ideology.
It was all about doing something extreme for the sake of it, which certainly backfired.
But it has now been 11 years and the band has even performed in Israel (!)
Anyway, similar incidents have not happened in Taake’s 25 year long career and will obviously not happen again. But certain parties seem to find this cold case unforgivable nevertheless, insisting on wilful misunderstanding.
So, once and for all, Taake is not a racist band. Never has been, never will be. Still claiming so is as ridiculous and unfounded as are the attempts at sabotaging our highly anticipated shows
-Hoest-
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not the biggest Taake fan but I think this shit is so stupid. I'm fairly left wing in my belief systems but believe that censorship is a fucking poison to society. Antifa should stick to the real fight and not on censoring artists and speech, that is what fascists do (or at least that's what they did in the past).
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha gay Taake.

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan either, but I can't stand this shit. At least one of these dorks posted on the venue hosting the Chicago show about it and the venue replied along the usual lines of we were not aware of any of this and said "we are working to remove the show". Haven't heard an official announcement, but it's no longer on the venue's calendar. If it is indeed cancelled, this is the first time I've heard of Antifa having any success in Chicago. Ugh.

Last edited by blodhemn9 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
DTBRex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowersofevil wrote:
...that is what fascists do (or at least that's what they did in the past).

Nah, it is what any authoritarian / totalitarian regime does, no matter right-wing or left-wing. As if left-wing politics would actually champion the cause of freedom and liberty! Laughing

Be that as it may, shutting down a Taake show is about as retarded as quoting a trip to Israel (one of the most ethnocentric / outright racist states) as evidence that Taake ain't racist.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Vapula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowersofevil wrote:
Also not the biggest Taake fan but I think this shit is so stupid. I'm fairly left wing in my belief systems but believe that censorship is a fucking poison to society. Antifa should stick to the real fight and not on censoring artists and speech, that is what fascists do (or at least that's what they did in the past).

They are fascists so they are doing exactly what is expected of them. Stupid weak move from Taake had some respect for him because he's been having issues with them for years and as far as I know has never apologised.
lifeless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the time he exposed his corpse painted schlong while on stage?
#metoo
KayJeeMawn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shameful.

antifa is poison
hammertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Taake fan but it doesn't really matter. They will come for something you care about sooner or later. IMO it's better to not book these shows at all than book them and have them cancelled. How the fuck were the promoters not prepared for this? The venues should be prepped for what will happen, and if they aren't ready to stand strong they shouldn't be used. All this does is give Antifa more clout and more confidence. And once you get the first domino to fall the rest is a breeze.
hammertime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others who have sported a Swastika:
Johnny Rotten
Lemmy
Kerry King

all Nazis, obviously.
lunar stele
banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

americans are great at getting black metal shows shut down. school shooting on the other hand . . . eh not so much.
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
flowersofevil wrote:
...that is what fascists do (or at least that's what they did in the past).

Nah, it is what any authoritarian / totalitarian regime does, no matter right-wing or left-wing. As if left-wing politics would actually champion the cause of freedom and liberty! Laughing

Be that as it may, shutting down a Taake show is about as retarded as quoting a trip to Israel (one of the most ethnocentric / outright racist states) as evidence that Taake ain't racist.

I wasn't aware that fascism existed outside of the end goal of authoritarianism/totalitarianism but if so, I'm ignorant. Not trying to fight though. I think we have the same feelings on this issue!
Aamutahdelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should just play at St. Vitus itself in brooklyn. St. Vitus set it up anyway.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lunar stele wrote:
americans are great at getting black metal shows shut down. school shooting on the other hand . . . eh not so much.

C'mon, it's pretty much the only thing we're still world leaders in.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: