P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Caleb Webb/Ambient Sound bootlegging scum!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngleOffDeeth wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
No one seemed upset around these parts that Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone were bootlegged a year or two back... no one was angry that Sororicide was bootlegged... in fact it was quite the opposite reactions to those being bootlegged... the bootlegger was heroic and welcomed, those albums all sold fast.

I think it's less the action itself, and more the person who's doing it. This dude is a walking caricature of the "hipster outsider" that many hate. He only seems to chase rare releases, he has a youtube channel to show off said releases, his own shitty label, etc... So he's an easy person to hate. If someone "in the scene" had bootlegged this, more people would have shrugged it off and probably even bought it.

Yea, perhaps. I have no idea what he looked like. Makes sense though. The hipster plague is really a lot like that Star Trek episode 'the trouble with tribbles'
N.W.D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's tripling down at this stage.

johnny13hockey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
AngleOffDeeth wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
No one seemed upset around these parts that Nemesis Divina and The Shadowthrone were bootlegged a year or two back... no one was angry that Sororicide was bootlegged... in fact it was quite the opposite reactions to those being bootlegged... the bootlegger was heroic and welcomed, those albums all sold fast.

I think it's less the action itself, and more the person who's doing it. This dude is a walking caricature of the "hipster outsider" that many hate. He only seems to chase rare releases, he has a youtube channel to show off said releases, his own shitty label, etc... So he's an easy person to hate. If someone "in the scene" had bootlegged this, more people would have shrugged it off and probably even bought it.

Yea, perhaps. I have no idea what he looked like. Makes sense though. The hipster plague is really a lot like that Star Trek episode 'the trouble with tribbles'

It's more so how he's handling it, like he didn't admit that he fucked up he is still continually making excuses and trying to justify it.

Also the fact he got caught out previously, was asked to stop, he understood what he did was wrong but then proceeded to do it again.

and yes he's also a black metal tourist. He'll be gone soon if he hasn't already been turned off enough.
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N.W.D wrote:
I think he's tripling down at this stage.

If you were ever unsure as to what Projection was, here ya go.
boiled.angel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view. of course this guy is scum and deserves no support. but i also feel like the way everyone else is handling this is insanely overboard. everything in this situation from my point of view is subjective. he has no proof he didn't bootleg it but no one has any proof that he did either. swaying evidence sure, but no cold hard proof. even A. sees it as a closed case. just leave it alone at this rate.
maenad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy seems to have an unfortunate combination of a) being incredibly stupid and b) attention starved.

He probably gets some satisfaction out of the drama even if it comes at the cost of his own withering integrity.
Widdershins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how much time and energy some people have to care about all of this bullshit...
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boiled.angel wrote:
From my point of view. of course this guy is scum and deserves no support. but i also feel like the way everyone else is handling this is insanely overboard. everything in this situation from my point of view is subjective. he has no proof he didn't bootleg it but no one has any proof that he did either. swaying evidence sure, but no cold hard proof. even A. sees it as a closed case. just leave it alone at this rate.

You made this your first post Laughing
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widdershins wrote:
It's amazing how much time and energy some people have to care about all of this bullshit...

Agree, beats most soap operas tho
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Widdershins wrote:

Everyone on this forum, no matter the post or comment made cares to some degree... or no comment would be made or account had to access making comments even. Doesn't matter if its cruel or sarcastic or the initial sad posts of desperation seeking out some limited rare release gone in 30 seconds.

We all care and obviously if you post here... you are investing time and energy into the bullshit regardless of how much or little. Very Happy

Some of the stuff that does circulate on here... is certainly worthy of soap opera status though. Laughing
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Widdershins wrote:

The Young and the Restless.
@5tr0_z0mb13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone are the days when black metal feuds used to end with someone being stabbed 23 times. Now it is all sorted out over social media Rolling Eyes
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@5tr0_z0mb13 wrote:
Gone are the days when black metal feuds used to end with someone being stabbed 23 times. Now it is all sorted out over social media Rolling Eyes

Have you ever just browsed some of the online youtube videos and seen who is by what it seems the fan basis of this genre? The unboxing vids, the review vids... the bands I hate vids, the hey my girlfriend left me but I still have this album to hold and help me vids etc etc and on and on it goes.

Yea... things have changed or have they? Confused
@5tr0_z0mb13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, no. I wasn't even aware that such a sub-genre existed until i came across this thread and I don't really understand it. To be honest, after listening to some of the music, I'm surprised he would be able to shift 20 copies of that cassette, let alone 2.
boiled.angel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again i feel like a lot of the bootlegging happening is welcomed when people limit the stuff to small amounts so only people who know people can get their hands on it. if anything it fuels fucks like him to do stuff like this. regardless of how stupid these tourists are, not much is done to prevent them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: