P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Plastic Head Distro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msp666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordred from them twice.

Once back in early 2000. Half the order was missing and they never responded to emails etc. I vowed never to use them again.

Fast forward to early this year, I saw they did a quite nice looking PRIMORDIAL zip-up HSW. Thinking they could not be as bad as before I ordered it. The site said it was in stock so I hoped to get it pretty soon. It took a month in total to get it. Just a bad as before.

Its funny really. I can order stuff from Pulverized in Sinagpore for example and have received it four days later, but company based about 100 miles from where I live takes a month to send through a HSW Embarassed
As my crushed bowels evacuate much to my dismay...
soulseller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a letter from a Canadian Trustee company and apparantly PHD Canada is bankrupt. I can now file for the money they owe me, but guess I will never get that.
sztorm75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BOBV1247S

http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BOBV121LP

http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BOBV120LP
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week after I made my order from them they charged my debit card with the order. That was on Feb. 17th and I ordered on Feb. 12th. Now today I get an e-mail about overdraft in my account because ANOTHER transaction from Plastic Head went through and it was the same amount as my other order. I scrolled through my online banking statements and the statement about my debit transaction on Feb.17th to PH has disappeared. Also a few weeks ago about $50 or $60 (my PH order was about $50) just appeared in my account, it wasn't a direct deposit from my work or anything...I figured the bank fucked up and gave me $50-60 for no reason, also though I looked for that $50-60 random transfer to my account and that has disappeared from my statement as well (just like the original PH transfer).

Now here's my question to someone who might know anything about this kind of thing. Is it possible that PH could have taken $50 from my account for the order a month ago and then a week after that they returned the $50 to my account then taken the $50 back today?

I sent them an email so hopefully they respond.
BestialLust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered copies of the Absu LP + some sale items on February 18th. The money was taken from my account on March 4th. Today is March 18th, and I've still not got anything in the mail or even an email throughout the period to confirm the purchase. I've called their office twice in the last fortnight to be told that the order will be shipped 'before the end of the week'.

Has anyone else from the UK ordered from there and actually received anything?
horrificus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah for fucks sake

I placed an order for the Absu Lp a few weeks ago, and on the 17th of March i received a response saying I hadnt been charged and the order wasnt going through because I'd used a PO BOX as a address. So I reordered and used my home address. I did get a confirmation on the order, but geez after reading all this bullshit about the label, its got me abit worried.

It does surprise me when big labels fuck simple things up, I guess once you start running a label and gear it towards a profit and not about the music, the customer is bound to get fucked in the arse.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestialLust wrote:
Ordered copies of the Absu LP + some sale items on February 18th. The money was taken from my account on March 4th. Today is March 18th, and I've still not got anything in the mail or even an email throughout the period to confirm the purchase. I've called their office twice in the last fortnight to be told that the order will be shipped 'before the end of the week'.

It took 60 days to receive two t-shirts. I hate them.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestialLust wrote:

I've ordered from them a couple of times and both times it has taken between 2 weeks and a month, which is pathetic in the UK.

I might be wrong, but I think a guy who posts here under the name headandhalf works for Plastic Head.
headnhalf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Yeah I do, I work in a completly different department (label management) and don't really have anything to do with the mailorder department, I say department but it's just one guy who looks after the mailorder and it isn't his only job in the building, I've mentiond so many times to people at work how poor the site is in comparison to most other mailorders but there's not really much else I can do.
Great trades with: Vorfeed, Kakarot SS5, GoldenBull, Rat eyes, Caina, Blekt, Uncoloured, Cursed Blood, Minge Eater, Portentum, Addison nektostiknekromessikk and Asphyxiation anyone i've forgotten give me a shout
sztorm75

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Absu LP came 5 days after I placed order so it depends...
Blackmetalhed213

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my order today. I also got an email reply, I guess they "captured" my money a week after my order but they didn't "collect" it until yesterday. Rolling Eyes
Shadow Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulseller wrote:
Today I received a letter from a Canadian Trustee company and apparantly PHD Canada is bankrupt. I can now file for the money they owe me, but guess I will never get that.

Good to know. They wanted to distribute my stuff, but because of the slow and lack of communication I decided against it.

I'm very happy distributing my stuff basically on my own.

Plastic Head is a joke too.
horrificus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing.

Money has been debited from my account and I've fired off emails asking what the status is, still no reply!!

Even if i ever get these records It will be the last time I ever deal with the fuckin pricks again.
20 Buck Spin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner has a pretty bad reputation as a scammer.
I never mailorder from bigger companies like that. Always seems to be a problem.
Valan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 weeks 'n still waiting for the new Blut Aus Nord LP, I've never used Plastic Head before...had heard they were slow, but after reading this thread seems they're just completely wank, I can get stuff from the US, etc in a few days usually! Does appear 'In Stock' is a blatant lie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: