P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mastering errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotBlack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Sepulchral Productions is an active label today so it should be no problem to contact them directly.

Rotten Relics Records wrote:
HotBlack, is it a vinyl record you are talking about?

That is true Tireheb, I will contact them. This is my original press SP001 on CD from 1999 so there might not be too much info on a 19 year old album but you never know. I was listening to the rip on my PC, then noticed the artifact I had somehow never noticed before (perhaps because I have much better audio equipment nowadays), so I pulled out the CD and played it; it is present on the CD. The CD is in immaculate condition. I figured there must be someone on this forum who has a copy they could reference.

Glad there is some interest in this topic. It would be great to see some data, like a wave form or audio samples for people to compare rather than strictly anecdotal accounts.
tormentedFist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a quite sudden change in volume on both the second and third pressing of first Negative Plane album. Second track if I remember correctly. Don't have a first pressing to compare with. A bit annoying, but that's life I guess.
Trade/want list: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=890122#890122
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not a mastering issue but remember Raven Dark - Ruler's Age on THR? Oops, entire CD is fucked up. I think soon after the release there was a statement like don't buy if you can't handle a harsh sound or something.
STRANGUL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean like what Skjold does nowadays
KG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Rubin.
heavyR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenrirsson wrote:
AOD wrote:
Fenrirsson wrote:
negromanzia wrote:
SOL's "Domni Satnasi" repress by GoatowaRex skips - I don't remember well where (could be at the beginning of "The Nomad Heretik") - but actually the vinyl doesn't have any scratch. The skip was probably present in the master used.

It came from the master I supplied. The reissue of the album was ripped from the original vinyl.

...and there was no way to rip that track again or get another copy to work with ???
I would NEVER send a master with a skip (!!!) to a company / pressing plant...that is bad work !!!

You'd need to talk to the scumbag behind the label. I forwarded it to the person doing the mastering, who, to the best of my knowledge, is a professional producer/engineer who is far more proficient than I am. I had thought that given their proficiency that they would be able to remedy the error or at least that their mastering would have been rejected as a result of it by the label in question. There was no request for another rip. The label itself being an active seeker of cult and status would appear to prefer to have a release, in an inferior presentation, than no release at all.

This makes me feel a bit better knowing there was in fact an issue with the master. I ordered two copies of this when it came out upon arrival I thought my record player had broken or something, as I seemed to be the only person complaining of the sound on the release. Beyond the skip, I recall thinking that the sound levels were "off", but I haven't listened to this record in a year or more so can't recall what the perceived problem was.

Shortly after this came out Final Agony did a proper cassette release, which turned out fine. Hopefully a proper label like FA/DTB handles all future SoL LP reissues.

Buy this crap.
Marlboro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inquisition - Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan CD 2014 digipak edition by Hells Headbangers has a silence gap/skip at track 7 in 5.09 and at track 8 in 4.10
Speaking about jewish behavior they admitted there was a problem with the pressing when asked, nevertheless they sold the CDs as if nothing happened without even mentioning it in the details.
CRUSH THE JEWISH MERCHANTS

My copy of Necrosanct - Incarnate CD on Black Mark glitches a bit on the first track around 2.30-2.40
I do not know if all copies come like this but the CD itself does not appear to have any mark or other deficiency and came sealed.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro wrote:
My copy of Necrosanct - Incarnate CD on Black Mark glitches a bit on the first track around 2.30-2.40
I do not know if all copies come like this but the CD itself does not appear to have any mark or other deficiency and came sealed.

I can show that my copy (BMCD 21 1992) does not have this flaw.
morfumax

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedFist wrote:
There's a quite sudden change in volume on both the second and third pressing of first Negative Plane album. Second track if I remember correctly. Don't have a first pressing to compare with. A bit annoying, but that's life I guess.

Its actually the first pressing that has this issue. I have it as well. Apparently the second pressing rectifies the issue.

13 wrote:
what
Marlboro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remembered another,
on Ulver - Vargnatt 10" on Infinite Vinyl 2003 there is a short glitch at the track Trollskogen
The CDs on Kyrck Productions don't have this
sleestaks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a factory thing than a studio thing but I remember Yattering's Murder's Concept had some weird glitchiness around the beginning of either track two or three, the CD would skip along several seconds or something. I took it back to the store and exchanged it, and of course the next copy did the same thing. Ended up returning it for something else entirely then re-bought it years later; actually I can't remember if I still found this problem on the third attempt, and since my CDs are packed away at the moment I can't check. It must rip just fine because I just listened to my mp3 copy of it.
negromanzia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
Beyond the skip, I recall thinking that the sound levels were "off", but I haven't listened to this record in a year or more so can't recall what the perceived problem was.

Problem was the total lack of bass.
negromanzia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortuary Drape "Secret Sudaria" LP pressing on More Fucking Hate Prod.
It was the first LP pressing ever, debated whether official or not, anyway there was the 2 seconds silence gap between each track. That's because they used the Nazgul's Eyrie CD rip.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

negromanzia wrote:
It was the first LP pressing ever, debated whether official or not, anyway there was the 2 seconds silence gap between each track. That's because they used the Nazgul's Eyrie CD rip.

Actually such gaps are not present on the NEP CD at all. Anyone who has ever burned CD-R's knows that those silent gaps happen when a CD-R is burned with the option of having those 2 second gaps included. So that is purely a label fuck up by sending such master for the pressing plant.

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
negromanzia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Actually such gaps are not present on the NEP CD at all. Those silent gaps happen when a CD-R is burned with the option of having those 2 second gaps included. So that is purely a label fuck up by sending such master for the pressing plant.

Oh sorry, I took as valid what I read at the time, I remember someone said those were gaps from the original NEP CD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: