P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NAGELFAR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

???
Hünengrab im Herbst
47%
 47%  [ 34 ]
Srontgorrth
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
Virus West
27%
 27%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 72

Atommächt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: NAGELFAR Reply with quote

This band needs an own thread.

Having ignored "Hünengrab im Herbst" when it came out (too much keyboards/melodic stuff for my taste back then), I bought "Srontgorrth" later and was blown away. Somehow I missed "Virus West" after and forgot about the band, but as I just exhumed the 2nd album again after many years (besides the Techno parts, I like it even more than now), I think I should get this one as well.

Anyone's got a clue if I should buy the original CD or the re-release of "Virust West"? Both are still available as it seems.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredible band "Hünengrab im Herbst" is definitely my favorite but Virus West is also excellent. I still have not found a copy of "Srontgorrth," but I am hunting, if anyone has a copy for sale, PM me.

Anyhow, pure quality and originality—power and majesty.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
captainretardo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
I still have not found a copy of "Srontgorrth," but I am hunting, if anyone has a copy for sale, PM me.

You can get reissues brand new from 3rd-party sellers on Amazon.
pataphysicien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't decide, they're all brilliant. Hünengrab was one of the first BM releases I bought in the 90s. I think Ván has been planning to reissue everything on vinyl, but that has been going on for years. too much Devil's Ghost bs clogging the pipelines I suppose. edit: I went for Virus West because it probably won't get all that many votes.
your Country 90's death metal is very stupid & poor sound
Do you know why? Ask Your KING Dan Swanö .

Do you know ?
because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
Atommächt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pataphysicien wrote:
too much Devil's Ghost bs clogging the pipelines I suppose.

Yeah, noticed that as well when I checked the label website. Strange mix in their catalogue.

So, is there any difference between the first press and re-release of "Virus West"?
Mr_Belvedere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly i think Zingultus is a fag. Especially after the last interviews he gave with Endstille. All that "Oh, i am so avant-garde and intellectual elitist" crap annoys me.

If a terrorist would threaten me though to choose, i'd say "Virus West".
"Es kommt ein Sturm heut nacht ..."
Atommächt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
Honestly i think Zingultus is a fag. Especially after the last interviews he gave with Endstille. All that "Oh, i am so avant-garde and intellectual elitist" crap annoys me.

Well, he was only the singer in Nagelfar's last line-up, so I don't really care about his recent activities.

But is it only me that thinks crappy Endstille pretty much ripped their whole concept off from "Virus West" (with some "Panzer Division Marduk" thrown in)?
TRB-culture

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite album is Hünengrab im Herbst, followed by Virus West.

The splits with Dark Embrace and Bluttaufe are also very good.
PaleRider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's a tie between "Hünengrab" and "Srontgorrth".

"Virus West" isn't that great as the above + Jander is missing here.
Sternenfaust

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atommächt wrote:

Well, he was only the singer in Nagelfar's last line-up, so I don't really care about his recent activities.

But is it only me that thinks crappy Endstille pretty much ripped their whole concept off from "Virus West" (with some "Panzer Division Marduk" thrown in)?

I always enjoyed his works with Graupel.

Really? To me they just sound more like a total Panzer Division Rip-Off.
skygge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sternenfaust wrote:
Atommächt wrote:

I always enjoyed his works with Graupel.

Really? To me they just sound more like a total Panzer Division Rip-Off.

Why do I think that you guys only took a look at the layout of Endstille and Marduk? What concept are you talking about - putting WWII images in the cover and playing fast BM - that applys a lot BM bands!

The sound of Endstille in my eyes is much closer to Gorgoroth and they also used a warship on their cover without being compared to Marduk.
Atommächt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skygge wrote:
Why do I think that you guys only took a look at the layout of Endstille and Marduk? What concept are you talking about - putting WWII images in the cover and playing fast BM - that applys a lot BM bands!

Well, yes, exactly that concept I am talking about. Plus the way they do that, you know, the "political correct" way to sing about WW2, without any NS references - especially as a German band. But please no political discussion now, you may disagree and I can accept that.

And the fact that Endstille just started out right after those two albums were released is also a bit suspicious. Fuck, their first album is even titled "Frühlingserwachen" (notice that I am in no way familiar with the Endstille discography, just my impression). Being the uninspired trendwagoners they were from the very start, I wouldn't be surprised.

Marduk is not thaaaaaat far away from Gorgoroth, by the way.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endstille minus Zingultus = Antifa fags. Don't care for this band at all.

However, Nagelfar belong to my favorites from among German Black Metal and their debut album, above all others, is stunningly brilliant.

I remember how they played at the first concert we have organized back in September 1998; Nagelfar together with Barad Dür and Absurd, among others. A great time it was...
Atommächt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Endstille minus Zingultus = Antifa fags. Don't care for this band at all.

I remember how they left a trail of copypasted, hypocritical flatteries in almost every guestbook of German Black Metal bands in the early 00ies - of course only to draw attention to themselves.
pataphysicien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I think it's good that Endstille take a clear stance on fascism in metal, the band has musically/conceptually never been anything else than embarrassing. and just to be clear I haven't read a Nagelfar interview where they don't distance themselves from racism in black metal. I would be interested in hearing what they now have to say about playing such a festival. those were surely much more naïve times.
your Country 90's death metal is very stupid & poor sound
Do you know why? Ask Your KING Dan Swanö .

Do you know ?
because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: