P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SVETOVID cd reissues out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brotherhood of Light

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: SVETOVID cd reissues out Reply with quote

Both of these albums were previously available on tape. "Valhallan Dreams" was released by Werewolf Prom./ Hammerbund in 2011, and "Nature's Fury" was released by Werewolf Prom./ Brotherhood of Light in 2013. Now 2018, both albums have been reissued on cd by Werewolf Prom. in co-operation with France d' Oil Productions. Much gratitude to these labels for their support. Credits are due for the art we used also, "Valhallan Dreams" cd cover art is from the great Zdzislaw Beksinski and "Nature's Fury"'s cd and tape cover art from the great Pieter Bruegel the Elder, with a detail from a painting of his, entitled "Sauls Suicide". SVETOVID contact through crg.bhol@yahoo.com
Tollwut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Both albums are above average for sure.
Good to see them reissued on CD. I will purchase both although I own the tapes already.

Just out of curiosity, each album was released one year after beeing recorded or why do the release years differ on flyer and promotional text?
Brotherhood of Light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The years in parenthesis on the flyer are when they were recorded, actually for "Valhallan Dreams" we began recording in 2009. Thanks for clarifying for readers.

if you want to order direct from us email me here, crg.bhol@yahoo.com
Tollwut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall very good CD editions of these excellent recordings.

I'm wondering though if it's intentional that the second track ("Forgotten Tales") on "Nature's Fury" ends so abruptly?
I don't have the tape anymore to compare, but this sounds odd compared to the rest of the album.

Mastering error or indeed artist's intent?
Brotherhood of Light

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: production related to "Forgotten Tales" from SVETO Reply with quote

Your answer about how the song cuts out quickly, yes it was on purpose. if you have listened to the album all the way through, you notice that some songs fade out, some fade in, and some have abrupt ending. Despite, me having less production experience then my bandmate (VJC), I (CRG) did the final master for "Nature's Fury", and yes I did the abrupt endings on purpose. To be honest, I was still learning production, so may be it could have been smoother, either way thanks for listening to SVETOVID.

We (SVETOVID) have our third album, "Waiting for the End" coming out in February from Werewolf Promotion. There will be a double cd and a double tape version of the album, because it has two parts. All the music from "Waiting for the End" was recording during 2013, but we never followed up, as far as putting it out. I will be posting promotional information for all upcoming Brotherhood of Light bands / releases soon.
Tollwut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed clarification.
Looking forward to the new output!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: