P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Never Surrender Fest Volume I + Black Cilice, Blasphemy +
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
13th knell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So..here's my visual testimony of what happened in Berlin this weekend.

Don't really feel like writing down dozens of paragraphs on how good it has actually been, let's just sum it up as follows: Sound was pretty low and/or muffled in bands such as Irkallian Oracle, Grave Upheaval or Temple Nightside, but the "simpler bands" like Sabbat, Evil or Xibalba pulled it off perfectly.

The venue was above average in terms of beer price, distribution and location and, as far as I could tell, there were little to no incidents at all.
The only remarkable quarrels always had that dude from Deathhammer involved.
The dumb twat has spent the whole fest high as fuck, pissing everyone off, randomly giving the middle finger to people that had done nothing to him and almost got his ass whooped several times. There always has to be this kind of losers in every fest it seems...FOAD

Other than that, timing was perfect, can't actually think of a single band having been delayed.

Pics below. I only missed a couple bands but didn't take pics of every single act (average quality phone also, so do not expect a full HD roll)

Mystifier (warm up show)

Jordablod

Evil

Possession

Irkallian Oracle

Kawir

Khthoniik Cerviiks

Baxaxaxaxaxaxaxa

Vassafor

Sabbat

Lihhamon

Temple Desecration

Faustcoven

Temple Nightside

Temple Nightside

Unaussprechlichen Kulten

Grave Upheaval

Grave Upheaval

Blasphemy

skulv

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, good catch with the setlists! I think we were standing quite close to each other for Sabbat based on your photo.

At least for Grave Upheaval and Temple Nightside, they had I believe their own sound engineer. I was standing next to the mixing desk and an Australian sounding dude took over for those two sets, guess they wanted it done that way.

Loved the fest! I’ll post more detailed thoughts later.
Grafmeester

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13th knell wrote:
...timing was perfect, can't actually think of a single band having been delayed.

glad someone mentioned this as well, planning was tight as fuck
puist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grafmeester wrote:
13th knell wrote:
...timing was perfect, can't actually think of a single band having been delayed.

glad someone mentioned this as well, planning was tight as fuck

Some bands started earlier than scheduled.

Personal highlights:
- Sabbat (best band of the festival)
- Possession
- Baxaxaxa/Ungod
- Faustcoven
Jafningjafræðsla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13th knell wrote:

The only remarkable quarrels always had that dude from Deathhammer involved. The dumb twat has spent the whole fest high as fuck, pissing everyone off, randomly giving the middle finger to people that had done nothing to him and almost got his ass whooped several times.

During one of the concerts of the first night he was almost but almost smashed by a guy with his girlfriend. They were in front of me and I could see the whole shit. He provoked so much and I still can't understand how much patience this guy had. Probably he didn't want troubles, etc.. but he would have definitive destroyed that annoying guy.

Last edited by Jafningjafræðsla on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
demogorgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the bathroom didn't suffer any damage this time
13th knell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafningjafræðsla wrote:
13th knell wrote:

The only remarkable quarrels always had that dude from Deathhammer involved. The dumb twat has spent the whole fest high as fuck, pissing everyone off, randomly giving the middle finger to people that had done nothing to him and almost got his ass whooped several times.

During one of the concerts of the first night he was almost but almost smashed by a big guy with his girlfriend. They were in front of me and I could see the whole shit. He provoked so much and I still can't understand how much patience this big guy had. Probably he didn't want troubles, etc.. but he would have definitive destroyed that annoying guy.

Yeah I saw it too, I was standing inches away from that guy with his girlfriend and holy fuck, the lad deserved an award for his patience. Had it been any other guy in the crowd, they would have beaten the twat up within seconds.
ChrisWitchhammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13th knell wrote:

The only remarkable quarrels always had that dude from Deathhammer involved.
The dumb twat has spent the whole fest high as fuck, pissing everyone off, randomly giving the middle finger to people that had done nothing to him and almost got his ass whooped several times. There always has to be this kind of losers in every fest it seems...FOAD

Fucking hell he pissed me off. Wasted as shit and kept grabbing onto me and the people and around me.

https://www.facebook.com/HexenHammerArt
Mastubator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

13th knell wrote:

Witches Hammer were slightly delayed due to flights. Marco doesn't seem like the type of guy that you'd want to piss off.
Gezol's speeches need subtitles.
Baxaxaxaxaxa's vocalist looked like he was reading from a script on the floor. Maybe that was what the guy on the keyboard was tearing up?
Evil were the biggest surprise of the fest, almost like a Japanese Korrozia at times.
Maybe Blasphemy should play earlier in the fest? All three times I've seen them in Berlin, Black winds vocals have been hoarse, every time outside Berlin they've been fine.
Highlight of the fest was Reencarnacion (those vocals!), but great sets from Grave Upheaval, Irkalian Oracle, Vasafor and Sabbat too. Only disappointment was Black Cilice, whose vocals were weak.

No complaints about the sound either from my end. I can remember the third edition when everything was turned up full and you couldn't hear shit from Antideluvian / Wrathprayer / Pseudogod. Just compare videos of Blasphemy between the two editions, they were rough to start this year but sounded vicious by the end.
kärakiiker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get Necroholocaust setlist?
13th knell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastubator wrote:
13th knell wrote:

Witches Hammer were slightly delayed due to flights. Marco doesn't seem like the type of guy that you'd want to piss off.

If I remember correctly he lashed out at someone in the beginning. Can't quite recall who or why though
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone find a Poison Sweatshirt?

Reencarnacion was easily the best band for me. I hope to see them again one day.
walerian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video includes some moments from Necroholocaust gig. Also a short interview with the actual drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Y2VfSS8qw&feature=youtu.be

www.justinemedia.com
demogorgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad i couldn't hear the theremin solo during the Ungod/Baxaxa set. That was a first
skulv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walerian wrote:
This video includes some moments from Necroholocaust gig. Also a short interview with the actual drummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Y2VfSS8qw&feature=youtu.be

www.justinemedia.com

I chatted with the drummer for about a half hour at the start of day 3 because he was hanging around and was excited to talk to someone in English. Ha! He was hilarious to talk to, nice guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: