P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Any Baltak fans? & your thoughts/comments as well.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomchild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Any Baltak fans? & your thoughts/comments as well. Reply with quote

hails!
I dont mind these guys. I have a most of there CD's.
just curious on what other NWN Forum Members think of this band?

Dazed and Confused since 1971.
Straxus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the band from teh land of Alexander the great?

lirically I like it, but musically I found it a bit standard black metal...
by the way drums were not real? I meant drum muchine????
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
is this the band from teh land of Alexander the great?

lirically I like it, but musically I found it a bit standard black metal...
by the way drums were not real? I meant drum muchine????

Baltak is a two member (Gorgoroth mainly & Lord of Aeveron), nationalist b.m. band with origins from Skopje (part of the ex Yugoslavia, now officially FYROM). They currently reside in Australia. On the other hand Alexander The Great was Greek, and was born in Macedonia (which is and will be part of northern Greece), so Skopje (FYROM) was NOT the land of Alexander The Great no matter what Skopje propaganda or Baltak is telling!!! They released 4 albums and an ep bullshiting the world with fairytales about "Macedonia" being their nation.

Last edited by Sadovahr on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Astaroth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also got beat up by Sad Ex and is a drug addict. Hail MEGAS ALEXANDROS AND TITO!
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astaroth wrote:
Hail MEGAS ALEXANDROS AND TITO!

Tito? Confused I don't think so! All the problems Greece has with Skopje are the outcome of Tito's actions and politics!

Some facts about Macedonia:
The name Macedonia is Greek, and is derived from the Macednoi (makednos, makedanos = tall, long), who lived in the northern Pindos area in about 2.000 B.C. The Macedonians had the same language, the same religion and took part in the Olympic games, as did all greeks. The excavations at Vergina, Dion and Pella reveal a culture which, in terms of both general level and specific characteristics, belongs exclusively to the Greek civilization. There is no other civilization apart from the Hellenic culture of Macedonia; even in the Skopje Museum, the inscriptions of the ancient exhibits are in Greek. The Yugoslav "Republic of Macedonia" was created by Tito in 1943; by taking some Serbian territory he strengthened Croatia, to which he also gave Dalmatia. The dream of the Skopians is access to the Aegean; this is why, even though they are nationalists, they had the support of Stalin, based on an old Slavic dream. The Skopian idiom is not a language, but an artificial construct based on the Bulgarian regional dialect; this is why the Serbs called anyone who spoke it Bugari. Any Slav-speaking people in Macedonia, who felt that they were Bulgarians, left during the repeated exchanges of population between Greece and Bulgaria (1905-1922). Those who remained considered themselves to be Greek. Today there are no pure Slav-speaking people in Macedonia. Those who remained became part of the local (Greek) community, as the Greeks who remained in Bulgaria were absorbed into the Bulgarian community. The map by the celebrated Dutch typographer Frederick De Wit was published in Amsterdam in about 1690; it proved the Greek-ness of Macedonia in an objective and unforeseeable way. The map was drawn immediately after the liberation of Hungary from the Turks (1688), and was a festive edition focused on Hungary, not Greece. At that time the entire Balkan peninsula was under Turkish occupation. This map is of dual significance because it is ethnographic; it side stops the existence of Ottoman authority and sends a message of freedom to the peoples of the Balkans. It indicates all nations in the area occupied by each one and with clearly - defined boundaries between them and it has political significance as well, since it seeks indirectly to answer the questions of the age: what states should be created in the Balkans after the fall of the Ottoman Empire and on what territory. The Greek ness of Macedonia can be proven by the following points: 1. The region named "Macedonia" belongs entirely and exclusively to the Greek cultural realm and to the Greek state (Pars Greciae). The concepts of Macedonia and Greece are virtually identical. 2.North of Macedonia (Greece) there was only Serbia; they were separated by distinct boundaries. 3.Skopje (Scupi) is situated on the borders between Greece and Serbia, which confirms the hypothesis that the name is derived from the Greek word SKOPOI, meaning guards. During the period of Alexander the Great, the Skopje region belonged to the ancient people of Dardana, who were hostile to the Macedonians. If the republic of Skopje had wanted to acquire a deeper historical past, it should have taken the name "Dardania". 4.The map also seems to record some political ideas of such period, such as: a.The creation of two Greek states, one inheritor of Ancient Greece and the other of Byzantium with its capital in Constantinople and bearing the name "Romania". It should be explained here that the historic name of the Byzantine Empire was "Romania"; the name "Byzantium" was given to it later by historians. b. The creation of a semi-autonomous region of "Albania" within the Greek cultural realm. Ultimately, the rise of nationalism in the Balkans impose the principle: One state for each people. In order to find a solution to the problem, we must distinguish between the cultural geographic and political dimension for the concept of "Macedonia". From a cultural point of view, only the Greeks of Macedonia have the historic right to call themselves "Macedonians". Geographically does not exist a concrete Macedonian area. The conclusion is that only on political level is possible to find a solution, as political compromise of good will and peaceful neighborhood between Greece and Skopje.

(by Elias Philippidis, Professor of Sociology and Peace Research)

ps: I'm NOT even close to nationalism, I'm just having a passion with history and true historic facts!
Azmoth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like Baltak, and I interviewed the guy in my zine. But since he ripped me off on a trade and on ad payment, I don't want to hear from him anymore. I thought he has disappeared but seems not as he still releases stuff.
Even a Sad Ex member side project...

I have pictures of him wearing a greek helmet and flag, in his living room, wearing sweat pants and sneakers. How macedonian.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltak is an eccentric guy, just like the Sad Ex guys. He released Dave Slave's doom solo thing. I doubt anyone from Sad Ex beat him up, though I wouldn't be surprised if him and Dave Slave got into it on occasion... but all in the spirit of doing what they do.
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
masters_throne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met that guy at the Czech "Open Hell" festival some years ago. Well, he acted like an idiot and based on his interviews he is one.

The music was always retarted shit in my opinion, never liked it...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Astaroth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

Tito? Confused I don't think so! All the problems Greece has with Skopje are the outcome of Tito's actions and politics!

/sarcasm
sztorm75

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing about Macedonia is that Greeks are so fuckin sensitive on that matter... but if you ask Bulgarians they will tell you that Macedonia is Bulgarian same for FYROM people and of course Greeks:) Everybody there has own truth and explanation of the macedonian issue. Laughing
Iron Warfare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that Unholy Archangel (but also many greeks fans/bands) hate Baltak, U.A. even listed them on the fuck off list on the booklet of a cd.

RELIABLE SELLERS: Acid Orgy, doomraiser, Addison, AtomicDesolator. doglord of impiety, EGENDRO666, Left_Hand_Path, Necrogoat, Oblivion, thetrueevil, dawid, mr. stench
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Funny thing about Macedonia is that Greeks are so fuckin sensitive on that matter... but if you ask Bulgarians they will tell you that Macedonia is Bulgarian same for FYROM people and of course Greeks:) Everybody there has own truth and explanation of the macedonian issue. Laughing

It's stupid not funny! It's like Mexico would adopt the name USA! It's just absurd. Also with the slightest knowledge of history (just high-school level) someone can tell that it's not a dispute just about a name, it's a silent war that goes on since centuries. Skopje as an national entity never existed, it was a creation of Tito for reasons described above. Balkans were always like a time bomb. Imperialism in some balkan nations is the key matter in this dispute. A century ago this dispute would be solved with a war (actually happent with Balkan wars of 1912 - 1913), but now since a war in not an option they try to do it with politics & stupid propaganda.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astaroth wrote:
Sadovahr wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

/sarcasm

Heavy insults were about to fall upon you before you posted this Wink

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stupid topic seems to pop up every year. Who cares about Baltak or what they think...

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

mitja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:

aw come on... TITO was a cool guy!

Smrt fašizmu sloboda narodu!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: