P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

anyone in contact with metal-archives admins?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think a particular mod is consistently stealing your submissions, bring it up on the forums. Of course you would have to have pretty solid proof of it. Or get in touch with some of the people here who are mods and have them handle your submission. Once the band is submitted, though, it's pretty easy to get info on. Though if you submit it anonymously some mods will not take a report seriously.

Plus there is one guy, Witcher, who is a total bitch about the "physical proof" guideline for adding bands. He basically wants a photo or link to a distro selling it. Especially the latter can be difficult to produce for really obscure stuff. I mean, the only people who have really tried to lie about having physical releases are Iranian bands that send us press releases claiming they're not metal anyway. Oh and sometimes someone will try to pass off some Myspace uploads as an actual demo.

Adding stuff to MA really isn't that difficult. You just have to know how to play off the "authorities".
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

its not about hording knowledge, i dont have the time to go on there and add every band . I tried adding bands to that site and they deleted them saying i needed proof the band existed etc etc. Then some one with the tag of metal lord or what ever adds what they want. Why should i make any effort if thats how the site works

metal lords usually deny bands you submit, and add them later with same info. to make more points.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once someone is a "metal lord" the points are meaningless. I don't think anyone who is already a mod really cares about getting more (maybe christkiller did) since they won't allow one to do more.
WarDog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even noticed it was based on points, and status. I just use it when I hear of a new band, and need to know how many releases they have in order to track them down. Guess I'm a poser...
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
metal archives is pathetic ... ya get some fag a downloads a demo of soulseek or what ever and then adds it to metal archives with out no information on the band,no logo,no covers nothing.

People who participate in this site only do it for the status they get given by the asses that run it.

prime example..i upload patholog demo for d/l , next day some fag as added it there.

Because it's preferable not to have a source of information about obscure bands?

why add something you know nothing about , what kinda source is that.?

you fag worshipping knob

Because fags like you won't add it yourself?

because fags like u have to go to places like that to learn stuff.

and i dont need to be called a metal lord or what ever on some crap site

Yeah, what a piece of shit I am going to a website to learn about bands that is impossible to learn about otherwise. I'm not going to apologize for not being around when these 80s and early 90s demo bands were active and thus not know about them. I don't deserve to learn about Patholog because I don't already know about them? That's some great logic there.

As for the points bullshit, I agree with that, but not everybody who adds information is doing that for fucking points. Maybe the person who added Patholog just wanted the information about the band to be available, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:

metal lords usually deny bands you submit, and add them later with same info. to make more points.

ahaha you claimed you was a mod and now you are writing this bullshit?? Laughing

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:

ahaha you claimed you was a mod and now you are writing this bullshit?? Laughing

I'm moderator at metal-archives.com, not administrator, its a fucking difference. Someone still must confirm bands that I add (few times an band was "deny" and just 1-2 days latter exist at m-a with same info). I can just add new info and editng old info.
Malder666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to submit to jesus fucking christ (Akenathen project) and always was rejected due to isn't metal in that time and now was submited by a "metal lord" as death metal.
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Metal lords" are moderators. "Metal gods/goddess" are administrators. You can only get these by being appointed to them.
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malder666 wrote:
I try to submit to jesus fucking christ (Akenathen project) and always was rejected due to isn't metal in that time and now was submited by a "metal lord" as death metal.

It was actually submitted by John Dwyer.
Uncolored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:

I'm moderator at metal-archives.com, not administrator, its a fucking difference. Someone still must confirm bands that I add (few times an band was "deny" and just 1-2 days latter exist at m-a with same info). I can just add new info and editng old info.

you are a veteran not a mod. still, mods that deny your adds to resubmit fews days later is pure bullshit
if it ever happened feel free to point it to this thread

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncolored wrote:
Black_Fire wrote:

you are a veteran not a mod. still, mods that deny your adds to resubmit fews days later is pure bullshit
if it ever happened feel free to point it to this thread

Ok, so I'm veteran on m-a. And waht? Still thinks if moderator than modering info then I'm moderator. Anyway this is nothing engouh interesing to talks about on this board.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomOTO wrote:
If you think a particular mod is consistently stealing your submissions, bring it up on the forums. Of course you would have to have pretty solid proof of it. Or get in touch with some of the people here who are mods and have them handle your submission. Once the band is submitted, though, it's pretty easy to get info on. Though if you submit it anonymously some mods will not take a report seriously.

Plus there is one guy, Witcher, who is a total bitch about the "physical proof" guideline for adding bands. He basically wants a photo or link to a distro selling it. Especially the latter can be difficult to produce for really obscure stuff. I mean, the only people who have really tried to lie about having physical releases are Iranian bands that send us press releases claiming they're not metal anyway. Oh and sometimes someone will try to pass off some Myspace uploads as an actual demo.

Adding stuff to MA really isn't that difficult. You just have to know how to play off the "authorities".

it was a couple years ago now , i just dont bother anymore.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
metal archives is pathetic ... ya get some fag a downloads a demo of soulseek or what ever and then adds it to metal archives with out no information on the band,no logo,no covers nothing.

People who participate in this site only do it for the status they get given by the asses that run it.

prime example..i upload patholog demo for d/l , next day some fag as added it there.

Because it's preferable not to have a source of information about obscure bands?

why add something you know nothing about , what kinda source is that.?

you fag worshipping knob

Because fags like you won't add it yourself?

because fags like u have to go to places like that to learn stuff.

and i dont need to be called a metal lord or what ever on some crap site

Yeah, what a piece of shit I am going to a website to learn about bands that is impossible to learn about otherwise. I'm not going to apologize for not being around when these 80s and early 90s demo bands were active and thus not know about them. I don't deserve to learn about Patholog because I don't already know about them? That's some great logic there.

As for the points bullshit, I agree with that, but not everybody who adds information is doing that for fucking points. Maybe the person who added Patholog just wanted the information about the band to be available, and there's nothing wrong with that.

so by going onmetal archives youll learn all about patholog , i dont think so , as the guy who added it knows nothing, hence who ever checks it out will know nothing.
At least know something about the bands your adding.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea why metal-archives continuously refuses to add some bands, like CROWNED IN SEMEN or CLAUSTROPHOBIA (from China)? They're both legitimate bands with legitimate releases, but they're not on there despite my submitting either one - and I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: