P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Archgoat - The Light-Devouring Darkness unleashed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maranatha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many parallels with Black Witchery. They (BW) released a really massive debut album and then, when everyone was expecting the final deadly hit from them, their successor was lame at best. Now I get the same feeling with the new Archgoat. I consider Whore of Bethlehem the best comeback in years, but on the other hand this(LDD) sounds as if it was conceived in one fucking night, or backstage drunk after their gigs... not to mention the complete lack of power and execution.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After nine pages of this thread it's obvious opinion is pretty split on this release.
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually want to like this album, but it lacks in power and everything else I'd expected; just listen to "Goat and the Moon" - 89% of this song's made out of the slowed down break riff they've already used in "Lord of the Void", just sometimes mixed up with this choral thing...
Further, the album's pretty heavy sounding; but somehow the kind of sound it's got is nothing I'd expect from ARCHGOAT - I would have liked the rabid pestilence sound of WoB once more.
I guess you'll get the point... Rolling Eyes
peterott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an ok record. I like Side B) more than Side A). But need more listening sessions. The vocals sound a strange...would have preferred them to be less muffled.
adrian5118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maranatha wrote:
There are many parallels with Black Witchery. They (BW) released a really massive debut album and then, when everyone was expecting the final deadly hit from them, their successor was lame at best. Now I get the same feeling with the new Archgoat. I consider Whore of Bethlehem the best comeback in years, but on the other hand this(LDD) sounds as if it was conceived in one fucking night, or backstage drunk after their gigs... not to mention the complete lack of power and execution.

Personally, I like the 2nd BW LP better than Desecration... because I think the shittier production matches their sound more. That's just me though. And when I think Archgoat, I think of awesome chugging riffs a la Angelcunt and Lord of the Void. After many listens, I'm starting to feel like I like it less, and more at the same time. It should sound different as it's a new release which makes it good, but it lacks the power that I think should also be there from their previous work. They are one of those bands that I think everyone will think should have the same sound over and over and over... but I think that's boring. Confused
maranatha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adrian5118 wrote:
They are one of those bands that I think everyone will think should have the same sound over and over and over... but I think that's boring. Confused

Well, I am not against progression-rather the opposite. This album is one of the few that I bought the last years without checking it online(if I like something I buy it),because judging from the immense cover and their previous agenda, I has almost convinced that this would shred.

Alas, this is bad. The only innovation is the sick vocals which I like, for the rest part all I hear is rehashed riffs that bring to mind past songs.
KRSTFR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have the vocals from WoB, they were pretty perfect for me, growls from the void. Good release anyway, i'd give it 7.5 or 8 out of 10.
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just need to get something straight. Is this album actually out now or not. Some websites are saying they are taking pre-orders for April and some are saying I can buy it now such as Amazon etc...
Ykh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both versions were released in early february on Blasphemous Underground Productions...
Hellmentor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the new Archgoat today. Killer album! But not as good as brilliant, future classic "Whore of Bethlehem". Anyway, good work and total Goat worshipping. My favourite song is probably "Goat and the Moon". The opening riff is so damn good...
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished listening to this for the first time too. I really like the vocals, and I am really inspired by the way they are so gutteral and buried deep in the mix. Having read that I wasn't sure that it would be so impressive. I thought the guitars were a little low and as others have mentioned, the riffs by and large were somewhat uninspired. Compared to 'Whore...' this album leaves a lot to be desired. Having said that, it was only first listen, and first impression. I always hope for soemthing revolutionary... and not just in terms of the way the LP goes around on the turntable he he he
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WoB sounded shitty - was it just me? I thought both the production and the vocals were not remotely heavy enough. Compared to "Angelcunt" the sound of that release was such a letdown.

I felt the same about WoB. While the songs translated well into live settings, I can't stand to listen to those long songs on CD. And not to mention those darkthrone riffs in the first song. Give me Angelcunt for harsh black death.

This style of black death requires good song writing and short songs IMO.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Hellmentor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ So Yosuke, what do you think about the new album?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomas gave me a copy before I left to India so I didn't have time to listen to it. I'll give it a spin when I get home.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

templedclxvi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last song is actually penis perversor re-recorded?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: