P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

mayhem and burzum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassethornmusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: mayhem and burzum Reply with quote

I noticed Yosuke is selling some Mayhem and Burzum cds, are these titles unofficial releases of rare tracks or what?
Mz412

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all are bootlegs with tracks from other bootlegs
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Breath: (Last Recordings with Dead) has the 1988 rehearsal that can also be found on the Live in Zeitz - 1990 bootleg, but with very shitty sound quality. The rest of the tracks on the album are so quiet you can barely hear them, I think the two tracks from the CBR compilation are on there but like I said, you can barely hear anything. Absolutely useless, avoid completely.

The BURZUM bootleg Stemmen fra Tarnet has random tracks from the demos and unreleased songs like "Et Hvitt Lys Over Skogen" but all with really bad sound. Not really worth getting.

From the Darkest Past is the only one of the three really worth getting. It's a rehearsal recording of 7 of the 8 tracks from De Mysteriis Dom Sathans (ironically "From the Dark Past" was not recorded) with the lineup of Euronymous on guitars, Hellhammer on drums and Varg on bass. There are no vocals. The sound for this part of the recording is fine, compared to the original version of the bootleg I have they sounded the same. This new digipack version of the bootleg also has the two tracks from the CBR compilation (but they sound fine here) along with a short (I think 3 songs) 1986 instrumental rehearsal.
bassethornmusic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks voidhanger for the info.

I see YK removed those items from his distro...
PhantomOTO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or people bought them all. Wink
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only had a few in stock and sold them pretty quickly.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Straxus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
Last Breath: (Last Recordings with Dead) has the 1988 rehearsal that can also be found on the Live in Zeitz - 1990 bootleg, but with very shitty sound quality. The rest of the tracks on the album are so quiet you can barely hear them, I think the two tracks from the CBR compilation are on there but like I said, you can barely hear anything. Absolutely useless, avoid completely.

The BURZUM bootleg Stemmen fra Tarnet has random tracks from the demos and unreleased songs like "Et Hvitt Lys Over Skogen" but all with really bad sound. Not really worth getting.

From the Darkest Past is the only one of the three really worth getting. It's a rehearsal recording of 7 of the 8 tracks from De Mysteriis Dom Sathans (ironically "From the Dark Past" was not recorded) with the lineup of Euronymous on guitars, Hellhammer on drums and Varg on bass. There are no vocals. The sound for this part of the recording is fine, compared to the original version of the bootleg I have they sounded the same. This new digipack version of the bootleg also has the two tracks from the CBR compilation (but they sound fine here) along with a short (I think 3 songs) 1986 instrumental rehearsal.

FROM THE DARKEST PAST sometimes sounds more sinister than the DMDS.... It is greatttttttttttttttt, perfect for your unholy night.... shit, when I am drunk, makes feel sad to death !!!!!!!!!!
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last breath has beyond shitty sound. If your a sucker for early mayhem like me, you will buy it.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Last breath has beyond shitty sound. If your a sucker for early mayhem like me, you will buy it.

Totally agree! Besides HELLHAMMER & VENOM, classic/original MAYHEM is actually the only band I "collect" (without selling body-parts, that is), and even I re-sold that one immediately! "Last Breath" is one helluva useless stinker, if there ever was one!
bassethornmusic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any opinion on Mayhem's War and Sodomy bootleg? It's a live recording in 1990 in Germany.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassethornmusic wrote:
Any opinion on Mayhem's War and Sodomy bootleg? It's a live recording in 1990 in Germany.

The original War and Sodomy lp has excellent sound for a bootleg. It's the same recording thats on the recent "Live in Zeitz-1990" cd (which also has the rehearsal from the Ha-elm Zalag bootleg lp).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: