P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Inquisition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kill with hate
Anxious Death
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Forever Under
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Incense of Rest
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
31%
 31%  [ 42 ]
Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan
21%
 21%  [ 29 ]
Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Nefarious Dismal Orations
9%
 9%  [ 13 ]
Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
20%
 20%  [ 27 ]
Obscure Verses for the Multiverse
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 134

Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opener of Ominous... is phenomenal, but the mindlessly blasting tracks such as Cosmic Invocation Rites do absolutely nothing for me, and neither does the over-compressed production.

Any opinions on Incense of Rest?
214N10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The music up to last album is incredible, but I can't listen to it too loud because the vocals ruin the experience. I can't imagine it with different vocals either. Except the last one which is very boring at least a half of each release is carefully crafted with talent black metal in their own style, it is naturally flowing, easy listening experince. Definitely the best to come from the US. As per favorite songwriting I'll go with Ominous
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last two albums the vocals really have become extremely similar to sounding like Immortal Abbaths's vocals... eerily so. I am not exactly fond of the choice either myself. I much preferred Inquisitions earlier delivery as it was more a unique stamp of their style and personal identity. (as for the music and production choices it is the same plague that happens to every band that goes Season of Mist or Nuclear Blast for some reason)

...apparently the greater population likes dead sterile lifeless production all flat and engineered to be plastic sounding. What else can be said?
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
The last two albums the vocals really have become extremely similar to sounding like Immortal Abbaths's vocals... eerily so. I am not exactly fond of the choice either myself. I much preferred Inquisitions earlier delivery as it was more a unique stamp of their style and personal identity. (as for the music and production choices it is the same plague that happens to every band that goes Season of Mist or Nuclear Blast for some reason)

...apparently the greater population likes dead sterile lifeless production all flat and engineered to be plastic sounding. What else can be said?

The band chose to go to an analog studio for the Bloodshed album... Season of Mist didn't force them to go to a certain studio and produce it a certain way.

http://lambgoat.com/news/comments.aspx?id=25839
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

The band chose to go to an analog studio for the Bloodshed album... Season of Mist didn't force them to go to a certain studio and produce it a certain way.

The Neve 8048 is an amazing console, but in the end, it's a question of which knobs you turn. I don't want to sound overtly negative, as their latest two have sounded much better than the three that came before them, but they are still quite polished sounding. Again, nothing like the debut.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
funeral-records wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:

The Neve 8048 is an amazing console, but in the end, it's a question of which knobs you turn. I don't want to sound overtly negative, as their latest two have sounded much better than the three that came before them, but they are still quite polished sounding. Again, nothing like the debut.

Oh I agree, I just don't think Dagons intentions are to release into the infernal regions over and over.
Frozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's not, but there a many ways to do things, you know? It's not like what they're doing now is the only alternative to the band's earlier aesthetic. As an example, Teitanblood has released two albums with wildly different productions, without sacrificing any of the their artistic integrity. Inquisition could possibly have done the same, but opted for a much safer direction. Good for them, but I, as a listener, find it utterly uninspiring.
Necromancer666

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult is their finest. Invoking is not too far behind it. I very much like Anxious Death and Forever Under as well.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith a fair bit more interesting than Obscure Verses for the Multiverse. Maybe i should listen to both again though.

These are all black metal classics

wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnportal wrote:

in perfect order, nonetheless
remm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessdarkness wrote:
Sunnportal wrote:

in perfect order, nonetheless

Very interesting how tastes vary. My fave is Nefarious Dismal Orations, by far. All the releases up to this one are also excellent for me.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into is .... way ahead of everthing else... not that everything else is bad or anything.

---
Recent deals/trades with : Al Infierno, bearsbearsbears , jerry666, lordpazuzu, lunar stele, xyosefx . Feedback on ebay and discogs speaks loud.
Thing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the debut is really good, and the second album took a step back. I think the songs are much more boring on that one. Third album is also good, fourth one I haven't listened to that much, but I remember the sounds being a little weird. Ominous.... was great, I thought at the time. Haven't listened in a while. Then after that my interest dropped. I bought Obscure verses... but didn't enjoy it that much, and the newest one I haven't heard.

Seen 'em live one time some 5 years ago, and I remember the gig being pretty good. Solid performance for being only a two-man band.

About the nazi stuff and that article someone posted earlier, Dagon does not strike me as a very smart person, and though that interview is probably directly transcribed from audio (with all the repetition and "umm, you know"), his explanations are kind of shit. That being said I think it's perfectly fine to defend yourself against accusations of being a nazi.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invoking
Ominous
Nefarious
Infernal Regions
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a picture of the "barcode version" of Invoking... on War Hammer Records?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: