P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Trey Azagthoth - "Is The Metal Scene Close Minded?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nexxxion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OrdenSatani wrote:
Tom Warrior (who doesn't like to be called Tom Warrior anymore) also ranted about how conservative the Metal scene is (he especially mentioned Germany). What I don't get is how people think Metal still isn't evolving. Morbid Angel DID push boundaries, but they still played metal with albums like Blessed are the Sick. These days there are STILL metal bands that are doing something new and unique (just look at what THE CHASM did with death metal), but are STILL playing pure and untainted Metal.

Yes, for the most part everything has already been done, but when VENOM formed I'm sure none of them could imagine a band like POSSESSED, who I'm sure could have never imagined a band like IMMOLATION. It's a logical progression, and metal is extremely diverse... EXCITER sounds nothing like BESTIAL WARLUST and both are purely metal. A lot of bands sound similar, but there's still room for individuality even in Death Metal. Only an idiot can listen to GRAVE, AUTOPSY, GOREAPHOBIA, and BOLT THROWER back to back and think it all sounded the same. So I really don't see the problem here.

Can't agree more, music AND ideology continues to evolve. Fuck people who cry about past times.
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to some killer shows in my neck of the woods that mix metal and evil HARSH as fuck noise and dark ambient. THAT works .. but I highly doubt any of this rave shit would fly with anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: