P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Melissa vs. Don't Break the Oath
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Melissa vs. Don't Break the Oath
Melissa
49%
 49%  [ 81 ]
Don't Break the Oath
50%
 50%  [ 82 ]
Total Votes : 163

Gotloard
banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of "Doomed By the Living Dead", the songwriting on the EP is definitely inferior to both albums.
EK Nacht
banned

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Terminator and Terminator 2. T2 might be a more action-packed thrill ride but you still gotta go with the first movie simply because it's the first.

Quote:
DICKS OUT FOR PROFANATICA
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotloard wrote:
With the exception of "Doomed By the Living Dead", the songwriting on the EP is definitely inferior to both albums.

Inferior or not, I always enjoy "Nuns Have No Fun."

Last edited by AngleOffDeeth on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it stands to reason that every collection is not complete unless you have the Melissa and Don't Break the Oath albums ...plus a copy of some format of Nuns have No fun... these three products are essentially required to have or you don't belong in the metal scene dammit! Laughing
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I think it stands to reason that every collection is not complete unless you have the Melissa and Don't Break the Oath albums ...plus a copy of some format of Nuns have No fun... these three products are essentially required to have or you don't belong in the metal scene dammit! Laughing

Basically.
Zris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted Melissa because this should be dead even as they're quantifiable Heavy Metal masterpieces, but in reality it'd be....

Percival_Fate wrote:
Oath by a cunt hair........

Only cause "Come To the Sabbath" was the first MF song i heard by them, still obssessed
chunks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't even remember which one I voted for, it is like choosing beer or pizza. Why not have both?
patientot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both mandatory albums. I'll go with Melissa as it's the one I seem to play more often.
vk666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

100% agreed
gordeth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are two albums that should be required to perpetually stay in print on black vinyl. I've been looking to replace my CD versions but can't find anything in good condition for a reasonable price. I saw that Metal Blade will be reissuing them in October but they're pic discs. Mad
cochino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EK Nacht wrote:
It's like Terminator and Terminator 2. T2 might be a more action-packed thrill ride but you still gotta go with the first movie simply because it's the first.

I don't think it applies to this case because Don't Break The Oath is superior in pretty much every single aspect, except for Evil, but I do like the first Terminator way better. The second one takes a way too Hollywood turn and you can see how Cameron turned from being a highly promising director to someone who just cares about box office results. Much like Spielberg, he's more interested in manipulating the audience rather than in challenge them. And to bring it back to Mercyful Fate, that's the opposite thing they did with Don't Break The Oath. They turned in a more complex, subtle and unique album the second time around.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is about 50/50, which is exactly the way it should be.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the best metal records ever made. I refuse to pick one, it's like picking children. When you boil it down, how does one choose when both albums have such flawless songs? I have listened to these albums for years and years and analyzed every single aspect. If I could only change one thing, it would be to put Satan's Fall on the very end of Melissa, and the album is still flawless. I strongly believe if one does not like either album, they have no taste in metal and should be lined up in front of a firing squad.
cochino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, lately I've found myself listening more and more to Return Of The Vampire (the demo compilation). I think most of that stuff is superior to the EP, and some stuff even better than the LPs material, such as Burning The Cross or the title track, and I even think I like On A Night Of Full Moon more than Desecration of Souls. The intro is definitely better.

I think that 80s MF is without a doubt THE best Heavy Metal out there after the big three daddies (Sabbath, Priest and Motörhead).
13th knell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughest poll so far

Melissa by a tiny margin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: