P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

ONE TAIL, ONE HEAD Premieres new track!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roeder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw these guys on Wednesday. I think they put up a great show, with a lot of energy on the stage. No kissing was involved. Jan was doing his dance thing right in front of me, but I didn't give a fuck. It did not subtract in any way from my enjoyment of the show.
gojko88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much trigger in this thread. It's amusing to see how much content/attitude/prejudice you're loading into my post, even though it's obviously not there.

I was commenting on the stage presence of a black metal band. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's sense of diversity and inclusion.

Hallucinogen wrote:
Ough wrote:
Imagine ppl like gojko88 walking home after this gig with their fists in their pockets fucking PISSED about what they just saw Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm just imagining this overweight black metal warrior with a receding hairline clenching his fists and thinking "fucking faggots, I was looking forward to this gig so much, how dare they pull this Niklas Kvarforth shit on me!" and then sitting down on his computer to type out that post.

Unfortunately for your joke:

- My appearance is basically the polar opposite of what you described
- I'm totally comfortable with homosexuality
- As I wrote literally in the first sentence, the gig was excellent music-wise. If anything, it got me hooked on the album even more
- My post wasn't until a good 24h after the gig

But nice try.

13 wrote:
Clap, fucking clap.
What a discussion. You guys think the OTOH guitarist and Hoest had a sit down and agreed ďthis part needs a kiss so you open your lips and I tongue youĒ Itís clear that hoest did his thing, itís as simple as that. On the other hand Iím sorry to hear the bassist had too short hair. I hope youíre ok.

If the length of the bassist's hair is the complaint you've registered in my post, then clap clap to your reading comprehension.

muzpellsynir wrote:
Reacting so vitriolic about a little kissy kissy between a couple of dudes

Vitriolic Laughing Laughing Laughing Do you mind highlighting the part of my post which you found was particularly vitriolic?
Vrankol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the gig and thoroughly enjoyed it.

OTOH's stage presence was fine if unspectacular. They owe more to the cock'n'roll branch of black metal, so I guess a little bit of stage antics comes with the package.

Kvarforth joined Taake on the stage later in the evening. As expected, band didn't apologize for any feelings hurt.
MT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gojko88 wrote:
No idea why they feel this way to portray their music visually is suitable for the band, but it certainly didn't sit well with me, or indeed many others in the audience.

'cause cocaine, MDMA etc.
Dail

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have no issue with the antics of these bands, it is interesting to me that this type of behavior is always within the Black Metal and Punk communities. Never Death Metal, Heavy Metal, etc. from my experience. Can't imagine the dudes in Morbid Angel or Dismember or even fucking Iron Maiden kissing for shock value. You've got to admit that it's pretty retarded, especially for grown men.

That One Tail, One Head album is extraordinary though and this doesn't diminish that.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess since the sports leagues have already tapped the potential out of the ass slap of team mates in passing ...black metal only had the open mouth kiss or quick wank options left. I guess we should all be thankful the kiss was chosen.
Satanachist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha damn I had a good laugh. I was at the show, totally forgot that this even happened. This "kiss" wasnt really a kiss, they went to greet or hug each other and both went to same side and it was an accident. At least I remember it like that

And the concert was really great, the new songs sounded much better live, too bad they wont play anymore
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanachist wrote:
Haha damn I had a good laugh. I was at the show, totally forgot that this even happened. This "kiss" wasnt really a kiss, they went to greet or hug each other and both went to same side and it was an accident. At least I remember it like that

And the concert was really great, the new songs sounded much better live, too bad they wont play anymore

Every band now after reading this shock and dismay will have to ever be so careful trying to talk and rely messages to each other in ultra loud venues at shows, fans and patrons of the male variety at these shows too will have to be careful ...oh wait, maybe this happened already long time ago and its why most black metal guys just stand alone with their arms crossed pissed off cause they all were assumed to be kissing at one time (pre internet times so the story never spread further than word of mouth... or did it? ...cause to spread the word risks being accused of the kiss)

Fuck... easy to see how this could cause a ripple through the entire genre.
Down There....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a comment on OTOH, but just a general observation. I don't believe the comparison of throwing up a straight armed salute and these homosexual kisses really goes very far. Doing a straight armed salute is fairly risky in todays Europe, being a homosexual isn't. It's one of the most con-formative public acts you can make. You won't be arrested or fired from your job for being a homo. And in BM 2018, two men kissing each other seems rather routine. It's not shocking, it's just ridiculous.
Witchie Blackmoor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, there was no kissing between Hoest and the guitarist. In the midst of the chaos, both were reaching for the same mic stand and tried to sing, but the only problem was that there was no mic there.

It was a fucking blast to have Hoest joining us on stage and continue to front row support us even after he was done with his parts. 10/10 guy.
flowersofevil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down There.... wrote:
This isn't a comment on OTOH, but just a general observation. I don't believe the comparison of throwing up a straight armed salute and these homosexual kisses really goes very far. Doing a straight armed salute is fairly risky in todays Europe, being a homosexual isn't. It's one of the most con-formative public acts you can make. You won't be arrested or fired from your job for being a homo. And in BM 2018, two men kissing each other seems rather routine. It's not shocking, it's just ridiculous.

Really? Routine? What bands? Where? I think you are living in a fantasy land.
kktz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so boring with your "lifestyle" conservative or liberal nonsense.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kktz wrote:
You guys are so boring with your "lifestyle" conservative or liberal nonsense.

Yes of course ...same sex couples trying to inhale the others face all over the place is far more exciting.
Coscartac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw OTOH in Manchester on this tour, they were excellent both in terms of sound and presentation. Can't understand the complaints.
Satanachist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witchie Blackmoor wrote:
Just to be clear, there was no kissing between Hoest and the guitarist. In the midst of the chaos, both were reaching for the same mic stand and tried to sing, but the only problem was that there was no mic there.

It was a fucking blast to have Hoest joining us on stage and continue to front row support us even after he was done with his parts. 10/10 guy.

Yeah thats what it was, didn't remember it exactly, I just knew that it was an accident and nothing actually happened like it was said here. Two unnecessary pages of dumb comments really
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: