P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DISHAMMER - Vintage Addiction - LP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Any samples online?

MySpace page - http://www.myspace.com/dishammer
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:

www.myspace.com/dishammer

I dont get the hype tho, sounds like any other dis-beat band with harsh vocals .

Whoops, beat me to the punch. I agree with this assessment also, nothing about them strikes me as being very special. You know how very often you read a description of a band - like "blends this sub-genre with that one" or "sounds like band A had a baby with band B, but the vocals are a little more like band C"? And then you know basically what it will sound like, but you have to hear it to see if they really nailed it and delivered something extra, something special - or if you could have basically imagined the songs and saved yourself the trouble of listening to it? Well for me, Dishammer didn't do anything special here. It is what it is described as, but it doesn't do much for me.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just have way too many established and ass kicking "dis" bands to compete with.
dronevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could someone who bought the cd version upload it for me? i wanna hear the whole thing before decide if i should buy it or not...
Baptized In Resin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, you really could spend a fortune at the HHR site... i placed an order for a copy of the die hard version. restrained myself from making a massive order.. gotta stay within my record budget to get the MASTER'S HAMMER 4xLP. can't wait some DISHAMMER!!
Kojiri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
could someone who bought the cd version upload it for me? i wanna hear the whole thing before decide if i should buy it or not...

I think the samples should give you a good idea. It's not like they're the type of band to have any major style shifts mid-album.

Baptized In Resin wrote:
man, you really could spend a fortune at the HHR site... i placed an order for a copy of the die hard version. restrained myself from making a massive order.. gotta stay within my record budget to get the MASTER'S HAMMER 4xLP. can't wait some DISHAMMER!!

They're definitely foes to the wallet. I've spent half my album budget there these past 3 months, and I've still got one or two orders I'm itching to place.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm

Last edited by Kojiri on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dronevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flo/thrash attack zine wrote:
really cool band, but i have a promo with these and some more trax, so i dont think ill buy the record

i've just found a 19 tracks dishammer pack online... wondering if it's that thing you mentioned. the one i downloaded doesnt have track names, it's 45:10 long, if it's the same thing as you mentioned any chance you could post the tracklist of that promo?
s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy wrote:
s.charlach wrote:
Bought as soon as it pops up on an EU distro list.

Not familiar with HHR. What's the EU distros distributing their releases?

Iron Pegasus, Iron Bonehead...the Iron Germans

Thank you!
s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chit019 wrote:
I dont get the hype tho

I love such posts. A handful of guys say they're gonna buy a record and bam, it's a hype. Can hardly see either excessive publicity or exaggerated promo ploy, Chit. Or have I missed the outrageous campaign? C'mon?! Have a nice cup of tea and a good day.

dalecooper wrote:
nothing about them strikes me as being very special. [...] Well for me, Dishammer didn't do anything special here. It is what it is described as, but it doesn't do much for me.

Each to his own, I know. But what do you expect from a Dis-band making it "very special". Nine-minute Malmsteen solos? The whole style is pretty limited and so I don't expect anything musically ground-breaking. This style has always been some kind of lout with a likeable authentic "Shut up and leave me alone!" attitude to me. Y'know, something you need to listen to after a total shit day at work before getting totally crazy. And that's the very point I expect from shit like that. Authenticity. Well, I know neither the lads behind nor have I ever read an interview, but the "very special" thing about Dishammer is the fact that you can actually hear that the guys had a hell lotta diabolical fun with this recording while most other stuff sounds like the band was beaten to the studio. Let's take the latest Darkthrone stuff -just as an obvious and most popular example- which's supposed to be in a similar raw punkish way, right? Totally anaemic and weary imo while Dishammer has this hungry as a hunter kind of thing going on. Love it! The Dishammer hate squad friggin' knows how to play this ass-kicking style with an extra dose of fucked-up "Fuck you, we don't give a fuck about what you fucking think for fuck's sake." And y'know, I really buy that cliché here.
Chit019

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Chit019 wrote:
I dont get the hype tho

I love such posts. A handful of guys say they're gonna buy a record and bam, it's a hype. Can hardly see either excessive publicity or exaggerated promo ploy, Chit. Or have I missed the outrageous campaign? C'mon?! Have a nice cup of tea and a good day.

oh I'm not bad mouthing the band or anything, I even bought the die hard. I said hype not because of this thread or people in this thread. I'm a dis-beat fan myself but I never really hear this much exposure or excitement to other band that plays this kind of stuff. When I went to the amebix gig last week, everyone was talking about this band too!. I never heard of that much excitement or eagerness when a new Disclose or avskum album comes out back then, just my observation.
Sadovahr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a die-hard is on the way to the po box Twisted Evil Hype or no hype, Dishammer kicks some serious ass
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadovahr wrote:
a die-hard is on the way to the po box Twisted Evil Hype or no hype, Dishammer kicks some serious ass

Yeah, I don't waste time quantifying how much hype such and such receives or how 'straight forward' they are. Sometimes, the tried and true method translates into the best outcome. This sounds like one of those cases.

There's a die-hard on the way to my P.O. box as well, haha.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm

Last edited by Kojiri on Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
dronevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was really tempted to get the die hard, but that converts to like nz$60 after postage, guess i'll wait until youske trades for the cd version and get it for$5...
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
i was really tempted to get the die hard, but that converts to like nz$60 after postage, guess i'll wait until youske trades for the cd version and get it for$5...

Oh sweet merciful christ, that thing in your avatar is disgustingly 'kawaii'.

Reed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of old school raw metal. The bridge between heavy type stadium metal, a la Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, etc, and thrash metal. Lo-fi speed with hellish intensity is always killer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: