P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

[?] Moon Magick/Norwegian Witch sigil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s.charlach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: [?] Moon Magick/Norwegian Witch sigil Reply with quote

Always wondered 'bout the meaning of this sigil used by Emperor back then. I doubt that it was exclusively designed for the band, but have never come across it in any books. Does anyone of you know the context where it's taken from?

THANK YOU!
WarDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture of it, I don't own that album (I don't own any of their albums)? I've been doing Ceremonial Magick (namely Thelemic) for 10 years, I might know it.
s.charlach

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any of their stuff either as I've never liked the outfit that much. But I'm talking 'bout this...

CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I pick up one of those plaques?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
Don't have any of their stuff either as I've never liked the outfit that much. But I'm talking 'bout this...

Well, that isn't really a sigil. A sigil, when used in magick, is simply a "signature, a simple drawn symbol representing an entity." An example is at the bottom. To me this looks like a simple pendant, with no real Magickal value, unless it is a talisman, or an Emblem. The reason you are not seeing this in any Grimoires or books on Magick, modern or classic, is because it is definitely a custom, and subjective "tool".

~ If it is an Emblem, it would unmistakabley be used for Alchemical work. Alchemy is not, and has never been, about changing base metals into gold. This type of talk was used to cover up the true meanings which is Sex Magick.

~ In Alchemy this emblem: Double Serpents, Levi's Baphomet Pentagram, green coloring, and two fingers raised would mean the following: Two Serpents show the dominace of a the Male who takes part in the operation (assuming there is one), and the Reversed Pentagram being in the middle with 2 serpents going towards it could very well represent Sodomy (Crowley made a tool while in Paris with Neuberg that has two serpents going towards the sun [the sun on a magick square comes to a perfect 666 no matter which way you add it], representing their sodomatic ritual work). The coloring corresponds with the 22nd "Path", Lamed. Lamed means many things, but taking into account that Ishan is a satanist I would take it to mean something Qlipphotic. The "disease" of this specific path is "Sexual Disease" (hmm) which seems to correspond with what the serpents could mean. Lastly the 2 fingers probably (since made by a Satanist) is the symbolism of Baphomet, and since it is being held with her Left Hand (Left Hand Path) I can be pretty certain about this.

Sorry for such a long post, but I hope I tackled what you wanted to know.

An example of Sigils:

s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really no need for apologising the length of the post. Haha, see, I didn't even manage to differ between a sigil and an emblem. Stupid me, could kick my ass for such a rookie mistake! I have to thank you the most for the effort with replying in detail. Never expected to get that a great answer right away. 'nough information to go further with.

@C_D_K: I don't know. A friend of mine brought it from a trip to the States. If my memory doesn't fail me he bought it in some small occult book store.
CHRISTS_DARK_KINGDOM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
@C_D_K: I don't know. A friend of mine brought it from a trip to the States. If my memory doesn't fail me he bought it in some small occult book store.
Thanks! If you ever find out the stores name, do let me know.
Either way that is still a great piece with a great analysis given on by WarDog!

I have this piece in my Baphomet archive, that was purchased several years ago from a guy residing in Australia, though the piece came from Tasmania.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could have another Baphomet plaque recast in plaster of paris, clay, or some other material?

Several years ago, someone posted a 12 or so inch Baphomet plaque(not the one above) that is/was what looks to be a one of a kind, but since the person wasn't to smart and posted it in between paper bags, it obviously didn't make the trip safely and the only thing holding it together, is the felt on the back.

Any suggestion are much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: