P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

VARGRAV (FIN) - "Netherstorm"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
So happy to have my 1st press on black!
All of the Original Purple People got screwed with this extra 1000 going into production.

Looks like someone only cares about what's more limited.. Laughing

Anyways, I don't think they're repressing the same purple from the 1st press, it's some magenta color or something.

If it is the same then all they did was change the flippers from the purple to the black vinyl.

Ehhh...I kinda do, kinda don't.
I do like to KEEP my records though.
kvltivation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my copy just arrived from SKR. It was the purple version just like what was listed. I'm happy to finally get to sit down and listen to it. Also... I'm open to trade for a yellow goat or Dark Medieval Times original pressing. Laughing
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
I think the truth is that we all got screwed the moment we developed a liking for black metal

Only if you allow yourself to become obsessed with this limitation issue (game?)... otherwise generally the (ahem) music is reasonably available to all via a fairly affordable cost of a internet connection.

There is no accolades or peer envy or gloating though when everyone has the same access and ability to own the same albums.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, everyone has the ability to listen to them, via whatever internet means is is available, whether it's streaming, illegal downloads, or buying digital (suckers). Buying cd's instead of vinyl would certainly make it easier to own things at a lower price of course, it's all up to what one's preference is.
snakenuts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Well, everyone has the ability to listen to them, via whatever internet means is is available, whether it's streaming, illegal downloads, or buying digital (suckers). Buying cd's instead of vinyl would certainly make it easier to own things at a lower price of course, it's all up to what one's preference is.

yeah, preference does indeed come into it. But the "obsession" aspect is pretty undeniable. I think it comes down to patience as much as anything, and the ability to "control" yourself whenever a new item pops up.
For the people with expendable income its ok to buy anything whenever it comes out, no matter the format. But you can't deny that theres a fever and hype to instantly acquire when things get tossed around on forums like these.
This Vargrav fiasco is a case in point.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when everyone had to have that Mis■yrming album when it first came out and it was limited... no? Guess cause that frenzy was more than three days ago.
fantomasragnarok

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I received my purple copy from Shadow Kingdom Yesterday. Glad They came through. Gonna spin it today after work. Razz
deceiver24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank fuck I switched to cds 15 years ago. Could not be fucked with this.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deceiver24 wrote:
Thank fuck I switched to cds 15 years ago. Could not be fucked with this.

no vinyl sound for you? poooor deceiver24 Crying or Very sad
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deceiver24 - I totally agree with you. For me CD versus LP = CD wins on every level. It's easy to put on, no turning sides, easy to store, a lot more robust and tough, you can take it with you, it has the same cover and lyrics, the sound is just as good or better (without screeching vinyl sounds), it's cheaper to buy, it's cheaper on postage, it doesn't come broken or bended through postal handling, it's available and not sold out before it's even released, ...

I started to buy my first cd's around 1991/1992, before and after that I had all on cassetes and cd's were in minority until my first job when I could finally afford myself to buy more than one cd a month. I tried to get into LP's and bought myself an used LP player in 1997 and even bought some used LP's, but I got tired of the ''LP game'' in a few months - it was to much work to listen to music, I liked the sound from cd's better, the LP's took too much space and were too flimsy to handle - so I just sold the LP's and never looked back at them. Cassetes were a 1000 times better format for me than vinyl.

And now in the recent years with all this LP obsession in the metal scene and people discussing the shipments, vinyl colors, limited editions, diehard's, availability at distros, ... it just makes me laugh Laughing
ruin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmajnar wrote:
deceiver24 - I totally agree with you. For me CD versus LP = CD wins on every level. It's easy to put on, no turning sides, easy to store, a lot more robust and tough, you can take it with you, it has the same cover and lyrics, the sound is just as good or better (without screeching vinyl sounds), it's cheaper to buy, it's cheaper on postage, it doesn't come broken or bended through postal handling, it's available and not sold out before it's even released, ...

I started to buy my first cd's around 1991/1992, before and after that I had all on cassetes and cd's were in minority until my first job when I could finally afford myself to buy more than one cd a month. I tried to get into LP's and bought myself an used LP player in 1997 and even bought some used LP's, but I got tired of the ''LP game'' in a few months - it was to much work to listen to music, I liked the sound from cd's better, the LP's took too much space and were too flimsy to handle - so I just sold the LP's and never looked back at them. Cassetes were a 1000 times better format for me than vinyl.

And now in the recent years with all this LP obsession in the metal scene and people discussing the shipments, vinyl colors, limited editions, diehard's, availability at distros, ... it just makes me laugh Laughing

Plus you can play CDs on virtually anything and it doesn't affect the sound much. I just use an old DVD player I found in my parents basement. Works great. For vinyl though, you've gotta shell out $500+ for a turntable, cartridge, preamp, etc. just to get something that not only sounds decent, but won't destroy your records.

I have a nice turntable and still buy my favorites on vinyl, but I buy much more CDs now, for all the reasons above.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. the vargrav crisis issue has turned into a "why CDs are better than viny" thread

I'm dying here Laughing
MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phlegma wrote:
wow. the vargrav crisis issue has turned into a "why CDs are better than viny" thread

I'm dying here Laughing

I find this to be a better topic than the past few pages bitching about vinyl color.

ruin wrote:
Gmajnar wrote:

Plus you can play CDs on virtually anything and it doesn't affect the sound much. I just use an old DVD player I found in my parents basement. Works great. For vinyl though, you've gotta shell out $500+ for a turntable, cartridge, preamp, etc. just to get something that not only sounds decent, but won't destroy your records.

I have a nice turntable and still buy my favorites on vinyl, but I buy much more CDs now, for all the reasons above.

I guess im the opposite. I don't want to get too off topic. But buying CD's does not make sense to me any more. It's a digital format. You may as well just download it online, there would be no difference in sound quality.

And personally, I find metal to sound best in analog format. It is a personal preference, and it took a lot to convince me of this. I still have a hard drive full of digital music, but I will always choose a tape or record for serious listening sessions. YMMV.
Gmajnar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can understand that some people really hear a big difference in sound between CD/digital and vinyl format. I am not so much ''obsessed'' about minor sound alternatives - I always cared most about the music, if I can ''feel'' the song and it resonates with me/takes me on a mind trip/different dimension/suits my current interests or atmosphere I wish to indulge myself in - then I don't care about production style of the album or about analog/digital format - to me music transcends both production and format of the album.

In the last few years I am starting to buy less and less physical albums every year - the reasons are that I already have lot's of cd's and tapes from the old days and don't feel the urge anymore to have all cd's/albums that I like. There's just too much great music out there and you have to draw a line somewhere - unless you have infinite money for spending on albums and too much room at home for storage Smile

I am in no hurry for buying even the albums that I REALLY like a lot and WANT to have a cd - for example, two weeks ago I finally bought two fukin amazing/awesome albums that I knew from the first listen that I will have this on a cd. These two albums were DEAD CONGREGATION - Graves Of The Archangels from 2008 and ADVERSARIAL - Death, Endless Nothing And Black Knife Of Nihilism from 2015. So it took me 10 and 3 years after the albums release to finally buy the cd - but it wasn't a problem to wait because I was able to listen to this albums all along via youtube at home and via mp3's in my car stereo or mp3 player with headphones. These albums are so good that even a ''shitty'' 128 or 160 kbps mp3 sounds great to me.
So now I really buy only those cd's that I have on my ''MUST HAVE CD'' list for at least a few years Laughing Meanwhile I can listen to those albums all the time, for free and good enough quality for me, on youtube at home and mp3 downloads in the car.

I also don't think that the kind of bands that we (average NWN user) listen to, could suffer financialy from having albums on youtube. It can only provide them an wider audience - more people to check out their concerts and perhaps after buy shirts and albums. Even those bands that don't have concerts are not loosing any money over people listening to their music on youtube and not buying the album. Majority of musicians/artists want to share their art with people and will do it if they get some little money back or nothing at all. I don't think that we who listen to music on youtube and make mp3's from it can hurt bands in any way at all. Most of these underground metal (and other genres) bands would be unknown even in the underground scene if it wasn't for youtube to make their albums/demos available to find in the infinite ocean of bands.
Alchemical Plagues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmajnar wrote:
it doesn't come broken or bended through postal handling

I buy both formats but encounter a lot more broken jewel cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 41 of 54

Jump to: