P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

HORROR-SYNTH/ELECTROKRAUT/PROG/OST etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5120
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I got fucking chills watching these excerpts from Steve Moore's ambient church performance. It sounds and looks so awesome. Wish I could have seen that... at least hope they will release the whole set.

https://vimeo.com/270820003
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
danofort



Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 884
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not horror related but related because it's synth from 1979, and well worth looking into. I just picked up the CD for David Shire's unused soundtrack to "Apocalypse Now", which I didn't even know existed. He did incredible soundtracks to the original "The Taking of Pelham 123" and "The Conversation".
_________________
"If Detroit is not the asshole of the world, it is within farting distance."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LazerBeast



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 921
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danofort wrote:
Not horror related but related because it's synth from 1979, and well worth looking into. I just picked up the CD for David Shire's unused soundtrack to "Apocalypse Now", which I didn't even know existed. He did incredible soundtracks to the original "The Taking of Pelham 123" and "The Conversation".


The Conversation is an all time favorite film of mine and the soundtrack/soundwork for the film is amazing. Can't recommend enough. Perfect film.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5120
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I gotta check those out... and synth ost is highly relevant to this thread so :thumbs_up:
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
danofort



Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 884
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of old synth OSTs, I'm listening to "The Terminator" OST right now. GodDAMN... Parts of this still gives me chills like it did when I first heard it as an eight year old. So fucking good.
_________________
"If Detroit is not the asshole of the world, it is within farting distance."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5120
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danofort wrote:
Speaking of old synth OSTs, I'm listening to "The Terminator" OST right now. GodDAMN... Parts of this still gives me chills like it did when I first heard it as an eight year old. So fucking good.


It really is, the theme is especially iconic! I always thought Zombi's Cosmos had a lot of Terminator ost influenced sounds in there. At least that's what my friends would always mention when I would play it for them the first time.

EDIT: Yeah, listening now and there is a synth-line in "Cetus" that sounds straight up from the Terminator universe.

Also the track "Serpens" has an extremely Terminator-esque part... great album!
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
danofort



Joined: 08 May 2012
Posts: 884
Location: Detroit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to bump this thread because I found a cassette of the "Near Dark" soundtrack by Tangerine Dream today. I assume y'all know about the movie. The soundtrack definitely has it moments, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcEQ105DEdk&t=1038s
_________________
"If Detroit is not the asshole of the world, it is within farting distance."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Too Dark Park



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Posts: 3919
Location: Uppa Slutt NZ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danofort wrote:
Had to bump this thread because I found a cassette of the "Near Dark" soundtrack by Tangerine Dream today. I assume y'all know about the movie. The soundtrack definitely has it moments, as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcEQ105DEdk&t=1038s


Good call, there's always more good TD to collect.
_________________
DOOMLORD wrote: ...22 min track and it just fucking crawls like a dying sloth through vomit = PURE EVIL !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pyriphlegethon



Joined: 04 Oct 2012
Posts: 363

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know other distributors for Electronic Purification label? 26 euro for one LP to Australia is a bit steep.
_________________
FALL OF NATURE | MORS VINCIT OMNIA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5120
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song from Johann Johannsson's posthumous Mandy soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ARrtnMkzM
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LazerBeast



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 921
Location: Wisconsin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Song from Johann Johannsson's posthumous Mandy soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ARrtnMkzM


Nice! Very much looking forward to this movie and the eventual soundtrack release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
K.D.S.



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 699

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
^Yeah Maserati rules and their material on that split is their best stuff IMO. I'm lucky enough to have seen them with their drummer Jerry Fuchs before his tragic death (falling down an elevator shaft, ugh). Still one of the better drummers I've ever seen, just one of those shows where I was grinning the whole time.

I talk a bunch about zombi, steve moore, related etc in the horror-synth/electrokraut/ost thread Cool


Fuck, jealous. Fuchs was a great drummer for sure. Maserati played here two or three years ago but I didn't get to see them because their date overlapped with a festival I was attending. Contemplated skipping part of the fest to go and see Maserati but that obviously didn't happen, sadly. Maserati VII, Rehumanizer and Inventions.. get regular playtime over here though, excellent stuff!

@ Ough: Do yourself a favor and check out these records, I think you'll dig 'em:

Videodrones - Mondo Ferox: sample (click!)
Videodrones - Nattens Haevn: sample (click!)
Astral TV - Crystal Shores: sample (click!)
_________________
"I've got skin thicker than leather, I've got drive that most people couldn't ever dream of having, and I've got balls of fucking steel." - Blake Judd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ough



Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 5120
Location: Aetheiapolis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:

@ Ough: Do yourself a favor and check out these records, I think you'll dig 'em:

Videodrones - Mondo Ferox: sample (click!)
Videodrones - Nattens Haevn: sample (click!)
Astral TV - Crystal Shores: sample (click!)


Thanks for the recs, these are definitely cool sounding. I especially like the Astral TV track. Love those Strat notes totally gives me a Maserati or Trans Am (do you dig TA???) feel. Will check the rest of the album stat!
_________________
Quote:
I feel that good metal should be more punk than metal to be good metal...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lemegethon



Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 648

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this Discogs last night. Looks like a very nice edition.



https://www.discogs.com/release/7667970

https://youtu.be/xK1SXoD6gZM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K.D.S.



Joined: 24 Mar 2010
Posts: 699

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
K.D.S. wrote:

@ Ough: Do yourself a favor and check out these records, I think you'll dig 'em:

Videodrones - Mondo Ferox: sample (click!)
Videodrones - Nattens Haevn: sample (click!)
Astral TV - Crystal Shores: sample (click!)


Thanks for the recs, these are definitely cool sounding. I especially like the Astral TV track. Love those Strat notes totally gives me a Maserati or Trans Am (do you dig TA???) feel. Will check the rest of the album stat!


Trans Am is one of those bands I've known by name for at least a decade, yet I never bothered to check them out for unknown reasons. Any album (or two) in particular you'd recommend?
_________________
"I've got skin thicker than leather, I've got drive that most people couldn't ever dream of having, and I've got balls of fucking steel." - Blake Judd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group