P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Arckanum - Den Fіrstfіdde
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much online listening happening these days on some quickly uploaded and small file bandwidth tracks it seems and then five or six seconds later a comment on how the album sucks.

We all need to start evolving ourselves here ...we are the NWN forum and we are the leaders of the internet's metal elite opinion ...we are accused of being the elite, we should be exactly that.

Criticism of albums should evolve as much as how they get recorded these days have.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...now back to topic Very Happy

Looking forward to the material. What others are calling 'boring' I will assume they mean the artist is staying to his familiar territory and execution.
stillbornsavior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying real hard not to hear it until i get a physical copy.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
dAHMER wrote:
I haven't even heard this new album but it's so bad it's already ruined my opinion of the first three albums and now I hate Arckanum! Mad

Yeah yeah yeah try harder.

I must confess not even ооооооооооо has not stood the test of time for me. Nothing can touch the original trilogy...
Last one that stood the test of time was Antikosmos - which I must say is excellent. After that one they start to blur together for me. Will give this last one a listen - but I dont expect a new classic....
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When comes the spotify versio... wait...nermind, its already there. Hopefully vinyl version comes in following years so others can check it too and make their own opinion
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays Arckanums biggest problem is that he hasnt got real band and thatswhy drumming sound like its done by some "professional musician" by recording with clictrack. Tempo remains always same and it doesent sound alive.

That what makes early and later era to sound so different. Same with LIK, drumming is too good nowadays that it makes it dull
dAHMER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
dAHMER wrote:
I haven't even heard this new album but it's so bad it's already ruined my opinion of the first three albums and now I hate Arckanum! Mad

Laughing
Starboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekkigreenwood wrote:
Great song and fine video. Just a lot of words I do not understand.

I would rather watch this than see John McEntee and crew playing in a dark bowling alley on a tilt-a-whirl with industrial fans blowing their hair around.

Lol!
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
dAHMER wrote:

I must confess not even ооооооооооо has not stood the test of time for me. Nothing can touch the original trilogy...
Last one that stood the test of time was Antikosmos - which I must say is excellent. After that one they start to blur together for me. Will give this last one a listen - but I dont expect a new classic....

Cause if you do, you are bound to be disappointed with every release, by any band, you get from here to eternity. Just saying.
Gia Thanatos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is comparing the newer albums to that first trilogy. It's just a different era of the band, there's 10 years between Kampen and Antikosmos. But, in my opinion, they kept their essence with a more modern approach that doesn't corrupt it. And the songwriting is very strong in both Antikosmos and ооооооооооо.

214N10 wrote: i met different people at concerts with which i debated archgoat in detail and we all came to the conclusion that is death/black metal
Unaerth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been around long enough to know better than to write off an album upon first listen. I do not know how this material will hold up compared to his previous work; and in all honesty, I do not care. This is not chapter 1 through 3, it is NOW. I can only assume that it is what he feels, sees, hears, and has learned of the world ... every secret ... filtered ... through him. I do not know the man personally, but from what he has portrayed and shared (or not) over the decades, I appreciate what he has done and how he lives his life. In that respect, I think Shamaatae absolutely destroys the majority of today's bloated "scene" like a Thurs (pun intended) giving the self-important Aesir hell.
On a purely musical/critical note ...
I will say that I do not think the "solos" fit with what I personally appreciate about the usual Arckanum aesthetic. Thankfully, they are few. But then again, I have always detested 90% of solos in underground metal. Ha!
Hail Loki!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gia Thanatos wrote:
The problem is comparing the newer albums to that first trilogy. It's just a different era of the band, there's 10 years between Kampen and Antikosmos. But, in my opinion, they kept their essence with a more modern approach that doesn't corrupt it. And the songwriting is very strong in both Antikosmos and ооооооооооо.

In either way, none of the later Arckanum albums are even closely on the same line with the original first three. Not to mention the disgusting collectors mentality that Debemur pushed through Arckanum when Anticosmos and ооооооооооо were released.

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Hјrus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: n Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Gia Thanatos wrote:

In either way, none of the later Arckanum albums are even closely on the same line with the original first three. Not to mention the disgusting collectors mentality that Debemur pushed through Arckanum when Anticosmos and ооооооооооо were released.

Kampen was a big step behind the first 2 records. Antikosmos or Fenris Kindir are better albums as far as I'm concerned. And I consider the 2002-2004 tracks to be the real peak of the band.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way, Kampen is the shit!
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to listen some Panhpage afterwards to hear how it should done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: