P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

YOUTH ATTACK RECORDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnmenchaca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now available in the Blood Rage store...pre-orders for Cadaver Dog “Dying Breed” hoodies, Cadaver Dog emblem buttons, leftover Vile Gash shirts, and Law Of The Night enamel pins!

http://bloodrage.bigcartel.com
johnmenchaca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-orders for the Cadaver Dog “Dying Breed” hoodies end this Friday. Buttons and enamel pins still available, all orders without a hoodie in them have already shipped.

johnmenchaca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanjugend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last drop is crushing, the City Hunter LP is a fresh benchmark of brutality and savagery in the genre. Think the band involves Spectral Voice/Blood Incantaion members.

P.s. I'm looking to complete my YA records collection and related merch in L, if you have anything for sale feel free to PM .
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

City Hunter looks extremely gimmicky.
hellmask

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that City Hunter Deep Blood tape available anywhere, or is it completely sold out?
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did a blind purchase and ordered the City Hunter LP because a few friends who opinion I hold in high regard said it was great.
chunks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:

Yep. No substance.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunks wrote:

Yep. No substance.

admiral_stiffplank writes: when you want to play nasty-ass hardcore but Beherit is life.

Yep. That Beherit reference took it over the top of face palms.
Squatz_n_oatz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Youth Attack after all.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

City Hunter is such a Youth Attack band name, as much as Goatpenis is a NWN band name. Nothing wrong with that, but this shit practically writes itself at this point.

Anyway, I don't have much time for this kind of stuff anymore, but City Hunter at least has a production to it and isn't the same ol' blown out, boring blackened hardcore so many of the YA! bands roll around in. I don't really get the Giallo-pastiche thing they have going on at all; certainly this isn't the kind of music I think of when I'm thinking Deep Red or Bird With the Crystal Plumage, and the engraved knife merch is peak late capitalism flailing. But leave it YA! they know their audience, and all this shit is sold out. Basement dwelling shut-ins and bearded fixed-gear riders in Beherit shirts unite!
black dream

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aphidhair wrote:
City Hunter is such a Youth Attack band name, as much as Goatpenis is a NWN band name. Nothing wrong with that, but this shit practically writes itself at this point.

Anyway, I don't have much time for this kind of stuff anymore, but City Hunter at least has a production to it and isn't the same ol' blown out, boring blackened hardcore so many of the YA! bands roll around in. I don't really get the Giallo-pastiche thing they have going on at all; certainly this isn't the kind of music I think of when I'm thinking Deep Red or Bird With the Crystal Plumage, and the engraved knife merch is peak late capitalism flailing. But leave it YA! they know their audience, and all this shit is sold out. Basement dwelling shut-ins and bearded fixed-gear riders in Beherit shirts unite!

Bearded fixed-gear riders? That audience has never had nothing to do with YA! at any point in its 30 years existing. I think you have them confused with people who watch The Needle Drop and read cvltnation. There has been some bleedover in the past half-decade, but YA! had a very niche audience from the mid-2000s till lately when McCoy started taking comissions for more well-known artists and promoting his release a little more. Also the "blown out aesthetic" shit is few and far between. Maybe on demos or a band like Vile Gash or Euthanizer, but the last few batches of releases have had clearly audible production. It's still 10x better than most modern hardcore, save for what was coming out of Boston in the late 2000s till recent. I'll take it over youth crew revival, the NS beatdown garbage that gets represented on here, or any modern crusty shit.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

black dream wrote:
aphidhair wrote:

Bearded fixed-gear riders? That audience has never had nothing to do with YA! at any point in its 30 years existing. I think you have them confused with people who watch The Needle Drop and read cvltnation. There has been some bleedover in the past half-decade, but YA! had a very niche audience from the mid-2000s till lately when McCoy started taking comissions for more well-known artists and promoting his release a little more. Also the "blown out aesthetic" shit is few and far between. Maybe on demos or a band like Vile Gash or Euthanizer, but the last few batches of releases have had clearly audible production. It's still 10x better than most modern hardcore, save for what was coming out of Boston in the late 2000s till recent. I'll take it over youth crew revival, the NS beatdown garbage that gets represented on here, or any modern crusty shit.

I'm speaking anecdotally of course, but at least from what I've seen the last decade there's more than a fair overlap. But that was more a throw away joke than some damning critique. You obviously are more into the bands than I am, so what would you think are the defining recentish releases that people should be aware of? Honestly curious.
aphidhair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I'm curious about what constitutes niche in underground music. City Hunter has almost (or has?) sold out 1000 copies in a couple days. That's pretty damn impressive; whatever I think of the music, I think the YA aesthetic obviously moves units. Honestly, when I think of truly niche music I think electro-acoustic, experimental or free jazz at this point.
black dream

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aphidhair wrote:
black dream wrote:
aphidhair wrote:

I'm speaking anecdotally of course, but at least from what I've seen the last decade there's more than a fair overlap. But that was more a throw away joke than some damning critique. You obviously are more into the bands than I am, so what would you think are the defining recentish releases that people should be aware of? Honestly curious.

I enjoyed the Civilized LP quite a bit despite hating their previous releases, escpecially the vocals. The aforementioned Vile Gash LP was killer, but, for me personally, the Repos have always been the crown jewel of this label. Failures were a favorite when I was in high school but now the vocals wear me down quite a bit. As far as niche music, I just meant that their label has always catered to a specific crowd till recent years. Free jazz niche? Idk I saw Roscoe Mitchell earlier this year and it was sold out. Have it, I'm not well-versed in what constiutes the various subgenres of jazz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: