P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mefitic “Woes Of Mortal Devotion” LP Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Mefitic “Woes Of Mortal Devotion” LP Out Now Reply with quote

Mefitic “Woes of Mortal Devotion” LP
ANTI-GOTH 277

Booklet:

24″x24″ poster:

Regular black vinyl LP:

Wholesale bronze vinyl LP:

Die Hard beer vinyl LP:

Die Hard slipcase with spot UV Gloss:

(Description by C. Conrad)
All too often a band emerges from the underground, records a promising demo or EP, and soon after, under some perceived notion of urgency, releases a lackluster debut album rife with impotent filler tracks, and is thus discarded to the overpopulated scrap pile of mediocre metal bands. Fewer and farther between are the bands that rightfully and patiently take their time to properly develop their musicianship and songwriting abilities, experiment with their sound and recording technique, and then unleash a debut album, sometimes several years later, that is more than worthy of its time in waiting. Having existed for over ten years, but content to this point to have released just a handful of demos, splits, and a single EP, Italy’s Mefitic fits the latter categorization. With its debut album, “Woes of Mortal Devotion,” hereby released under the banner of Nuclear War Now!, Mefitic proves that patience is rewarded by the quality of its product. Those who are familiar with Mefitic’s earlier releases are likely to note a distinct evolution in the band’s sound on their debut full-length. Although it continues to fester in the wound recently opened by the 2012 EP, “Columns of Subsidence,” the approach to this album is notably less chaos-driven and instead more controlled than previous recordings. On the one hand, it invokes the same raw intensity of bands like Black Witchery and Demoncy, and on the other it conjures a hypnotic dissonance akin to that of a band like Antaeus, as well as a ritualistic dimension similar to that of Necros Christos and Teitanblood. Having been recorded at the infamous Mara Cave, as done previously by fellow countrymen Blasphemophagher and Demonomancy, a gimmick-free and rehearsal-like atmosphere results in a natural sound that successfully enhances the asphyxiating character of the music. Finally, as a perfect complement to the music itself, the artwork gracing the cover of the 12-page booklet, as executed by Manuel Tinnemans, undeniably evokes the same anguished and corrupted vision of a world also represented in Mefitic’s lyrical themes.

Regular version: Black vinyl LP, 3mm spine jacket with flood gold printing inside pocket, 24″x24″ poster, and A4 size 12 page booklet.

Wholesale version: Brzone vinyl LP limited to 100, 3mm spine jacket with flood gold printing inside pocket, 24″x24″ poster, and A4 size 12 page booklet. Sold in increments of 5 x bronze and 5 x black vinyl.

Die Hard version: Beer vinyl LP, 3mm spine jacket with flood gold printing inside pocket, 24″x24″ poster, A4 size 12 page booklet, outer slipcase with spot UV Gloss printed art, woven patch and vinyl sticker.

-LISTEN-

Click here to order.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

LuisOrozco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only me, or this artwork looks like Urfaust - Aparitions??
dangerass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! Killer album.

I think the comparisons in the description describe it perfectly.
S.H.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. This album is a must buy. I already bought it off of Bandcamp, but physical release is always the best one.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening now, wow, this is a BEAST!
bartwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring! Sounds like cheap version of a certain greek band. Next!
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? I didn't get nor heard the album already but the demos/EPs/splits show some of the most interesting Metal of the last 10 years.
bartwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected more myself but it is what it is. Metal? Yes. Interesting? Not. Beer vinyl looks great, though.
hellmask

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've listened to the CD twice so far, and I think it's great. The sound is perfect for this type of music - dark and murky, while still retaining the clarity to hear what's going on. The vocals are a bit buried in places, but that fits with the atmosphere. The lyrics are very interesting, and I like the way they use biblical quotes to show that God isn't the bearer of "peace and love" that Christians like to portray him as.

Anyway, this is a top-notch effort in my book. Very well done.
tormentedFist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That die-hard looks tasty, will buy!
Trade/want list: http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=890122#890122
Demoncy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:
Boring! Sounds like cheap version of a certain greek band. Next!

Which Greeg band?
Did you listen to thes demos/splits? Is this album similar?
bartwa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.C. greek band. And no, I haven't listened to their older stuff, maybe it's great. Will check it out. I just find this album boring.
OsirisEye

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album!
Band interview here: http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/interview-with-mefitic-2015/
dangerass

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:
D.C. greek band. And no, I haven't listened to their older stuff, maybe it's great. Will check it out. I just find this album boring.

Dead Congregation? If so, I don't hear it at all except for maybe the vocals.

Either way, I think this is a tremendous release. Just as foreboding as the demos, but with improved musicianship and production. The reduction of murk might bother some, but I like that every instrument is audible; it really adds to the nuance.

I can smell the sulfur coming off this fucker.
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:

No problem if you find it boring, to each his own, but they sound NOTHING like Dead Congregation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: